Skip to main content

The Fitbit Cult

Cute vlog, she reminds me so much of myself like 15 years ago
in Brisbane. omg time flies. I miss this city.

Cute vlog, she reminds me so much of myself like 15 years ago
in Brisbane. omg time flies. I miss this city.

I have been to Brisbane a couple of times (I live on the Gold Coast), but I have always found it too busy. What do you miss most about Brisbane?

Everything was new and vast.. It looks even bigger when you come
from a much smaller city.
Its a huge city I remember all the driving to places. going down the river, the markets.
(or maybe it also has to do with longing to go back to being teenage again)
the real difference though was how laid back brisbane was.
like time was actually slower.

Everything was new and vast.. It looks even bigger when you come
from a much smaller city.
Its a huge city I remember all the driving to places. going down the river, the markets.
(or maybe it also has to do with longing to go back to being teenage again)
the real difference though was how laid back brisbane was.
like time was actually slower.

It is rather a big place. much more city like than what I am used to. I am used to trees, rivers, and parks.

So you dont live in the highrise areas of the GC?

I have lived all my life in apartments in big cities,
so actually I really like the more dense urban areas.
I can't really see myself living in a suburb like 50 min drive to the city.

So you dont live in the highrise areas of the GC?

I have lived all my life in apartments in big cities,
so actually I really like the more dense urban areas.
I can't really see myself living in a suburb like 50 min drive to the city.

I live at Elanora next to a park. I don't really need to go to the city because everything i need is only like a 20 minute drive maximum away from where I live.

looks like a very nice place. love the lagoons and canals.
I love how a 20 minute drive is considered a very short drive there. lol.

looks like a very nice place. love the lagoons and canals.
I love how a 20 minute drive is considered a very short drive there. lol.

it is a very nice place.

i suppose i can see the advantages of living in a inner city lifestyle, especially how everything would be closer together.

I got an electric bike, which would get me to wherever I need,
problem is how dangerous it is to drive them when theres still not
enough bicycle lanes. I wont take that risk.

I got an electric bike, which would get me to wherever I need,
problem is how dangerous it is to drive them when theres still not
enough bicycle lanes. I wont take that risk.

Wise choice. Drivers can be rather selfish in sharing the roads with cyclists.

I upgraded and bought a Fitbit Alta and I absolutely heart it!

I upgraded and bought a Fitbit Alta and I absolutely heart it!
That's the one I was going to get but have decided against any of them now. I do like the Samsung one but I just want something that records steps, calories/kj, distance and that's about it. My phone does that as does a good pedometer.

sand walking is the future. apparently you use 2.1 to 2.7 times more energy walking on sand then you do on harder surfaces. by that i mean soft sand.

I still have the very first Fitbit, the flex maybe? I do like it but I love the look of the ones. Not sure I can quote justify buying a new one when I haven't used my current one in forever, maybe I should at the very least charge it and use it. I miss it!

I've been using my Charge HR again lately and ensuring that I reach 10k every day. Well... Most days :)

Reactions: Tee
I still have the very first Fitbit, the flex maybe? I do like it but I love the look of the ones. Not sure I can quote justify buying a new one when I haven't used my current one in forever, maybe I should at the very least charge it and use it. I miss it!
I still have my Flex. I wear it on my left wrist, my preferred watch wrist, and wearing both Fitbit and my watch annoy me. The Alta has a watch function, so it is perfect for me!

I gave my Flex, which still works perfectly despite numerous machine washing to my sons gf.

I know it is insane, but my Fitbit definitely makes me move more.

I've been using my Charge HR again lately and ensuring that I reach 10k every day. Well... Most days :)
They really are a clever idea!

Yesterday I got up from a 4 hour Survivor binge and realised I was still 2k steps shy of my step goal. So up I got, racked up the dogs and hit the bitumen. And my driving force? A need for that elusive Fitbit message telling me I am a good girl!

That's the one I was going to get but have decided against any of them now. I do like the Samsung one but I just want something that records steps, calories/kj, distance and that's about it. My phone does that as does a good pedometer.
I totally recommend it.

The Alta is sleek, comfortable and has all the functions you are looking for. I personalised it because the only information I am interested in is the time, steps, and active minutes.

Alright guys you've convinced me. My goals for the coming days are to find my Fitbit and to charge it. After that my goal is to use it. I don't even want to know about my sleep right now but I am curious about steps. Ugh probably I don't want to know that either. But no... watch this space.

Alright guys you've convinced me. My goals for the coming days are to find my Fitbit and to charge it. After that my goal is to use it. I don't even want to know about my sleep right now but I am curious about steps. Ugh probably I don't want to know that either. But no... watch this space.

hooray go jessy

Back