Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

Just thought; no I'm A Celebrity next year?
Usually the ads have started by now, but the ads are all about the Bachelors?
From 10's Upfronts:

The recently-announced The Challenge, which saw reality faces filming in Argentina, is also a hot tip to screen over summer, which could push I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here back into official survey -expect a return to Africa for 2023.

Just in case no-one's mentioned it, Seven has a bunch of streaming channels called FAST, including a BBAU channel among its selection, in case you feel inclined to watch repeats of Seven's seasons on loop. Personally I'd rather scratch my eyes out with a corkscrew. It seems to be geoblocked, but plays with my VPN at least.

If Seven were to return to a live show in 2024, there's no reason why the BB channel couldn't be used for a live feed (or two).

1669531021333.png

Just in case no-one's mentioned it, Seven has a bunch of streaming channels called FAST, including a BBAU channel among its selection, in case you feel inclined to watch repeats of Seven's seasons on loop. Personally I'd rather scratch my eyes out with a corkscrew. It seems to be geoblocked, but plays with my VPN at least.

If Seven were to return to a live show in 2024, there's no reason why the BB channel couldn't be used for a live feed (or two).

View attachment 59391
Haha just clicked on the BB channel and watched the Tim and Estelle fight over the HOH lollies. They’d get through a season in a day, so they only have 4 days worth of content. These channels don’t really make sense for this type of RTV imo. Who dips in for a random episode of something like BB or Farmer, even dramas? Makes sense to have documentary channel and stuff. I see there’s a qello channel playing concerts. That’s pretty cool.

These channels don’t really make sense for this type of RTV imo. Who dips in for a random episode of something like BB or Farmer, even dramas?

Yeah I was gonna touch on that. When I first saw Pluto had a Survivor US channel I wondered the same thing. Who's gonna sit and watch an entire season in one sitting without a break? It only makes sense for episodic shows, not for anything serialised or based on a story arc. Bizarre really.

ITV have launched a few of these with their new streaming service ITVX. I think they make sense for something like The Chase where you just want a random episode rather than watch the series 3 boxset, but not so much for a reality show or series that needs watching start to finish. As you say the hope is when BBUK arrives they'll have a live channel.

Was My Mum, Your Dad supposed to be called Grown Up Love?
Watching the finale tonight, the phrase is used several times, and I had a flashback to Kate Langbroek in the promos referring to a show about "Grown up love".
Neither name was enough to interest viewers, in my opinion.

Was My Mum, Your Dad supposed to be called Grown Up Love?
Watching the finale tonight, the phrase is used several times, and I had a flashback to Kate Langbroek in the promos referring to a show about "Grown up love".
Neither name was enough to interest viewers, in my opinion.

Indeed it was, that was the original title Nine was going to go with before they changed it

I just watched Sting on the project 🥰
He comes over so natural, and thankfully, not old pop star full of himself like some I could mention. He has charm and a lot of dignity.

This will seem completely random but I just saw some dudes falling into a lift on Twitter and it reminded me of this.

Remember Rosalind Shays on LA Law, who famously exited the show by falling into a lift? Here's a reminder:

So it turns out that Diana Muldaur didn't even know her character was being killed off until she opened the script. That's cold.

So even before the rave reviews The Last of Us caught my eye, and then so many comments yesterday basically describing episode 3 as one of the best episodes of TV ever.

So restarted my NOW subscription to watch the first three episodes last night - and god, was I bored? Seems like another movie being stretched out to a 10 year series - the premise is good, but hardly original and it's basically The Waking Dead without the make up budget. As for episode 3 - the very definition of a bubble episode with random new characters (before we even know the main cast) and a love story which the critics would make you think is the best thing since Romeo + Juliet but really is nothing more than bog standard fare.

It's a show I really wanted to get into and enjoy but just couldn't. Shoot em up zombie series have been done so many times before.

Good for him, he probably got a much bigger contract $$ but this kinda reminds me of that other tv doctor dude whose name escapes me at the moment who jumped from 10 to 7 a couple of years ago and he went from being a bit visible and known to rarely seen on TV. (Or maybe he’s on tv heaps.. just not on shows I watch. I don’t watch morning tv so maybe he is on heaps)

So even before the rave reviews The Last of Us caught my eye, and then so many comments yesterday basically describing episode 3 as one of the best episodes of TV ever.

So restarted my NOW subscription to watch the first three episodes last night - and god, was I bored? Seems like another movie being stretched out to a 10 year series - the premise is good, but hardly original and it's basically The Waking Dead without the make up budget. As for episode 3 - the very definition of a bubble episode with random new characters (before we even know the main cast) and a love story which the critics would make you think is the best thing since Romeo + Juliet but really is nothing more than bog standard fare.

It's a show I really wanted to get into and enjoy but just couldn't. Shoot em up zombie series have been done so many times before.
We've started watching this. My kid plays the game. She's liking it, except who they cast for Ellie. The game version Ellie is better. I'm a deadset chicken when it comes to horror/scary movies. I dunno how this show got that rating tho? it's been pretty tame so far (imo).

Episode 3 got me right in the feels!! Yeah, i do agree with you, it seemed like the budget/filler episode. I can never confirm nor deny that i cried like a baby :whistling:

Hopefully episode 4 is where it's at?

I found The Last of Us to be mostly good, but quite uneven. When it was good it was great, but also it seemed to just brush past a lot. The story could have been deeper, more in-depth with more going on.

Finally gotten around to watching Succession, that's really good.

The third season of Picard is also really good unlike the pretty bad first couple of seasons. They aren't worth watching, but the third season is if you're a Star Trek fan. One character and a few basic plot elements transfer over, but nothing important. The season is deliberately trying to be a reboot of the series to what it always should have been

OK so as you all know I don't watch Love Island or any of those awful dating shows, but curiosity got the better of me and I've started watching For the Love of DILFs. Oh dear. There's quite a good review here.

I've watched the first six eps (with liberal use of the 30-sec skip button), and can confirm this is the worst show I've watched since Playing it Straight.

O noes. It's terrible. I'm hooked.

Last edited:
Back