THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

timmy

BEEUUUUWWW!!
Awesome site donor
Just thought; no I'm A Celebrity next year?
Usually the ads have started by now, but the ads are all about the Bachelors?
From 10's Upfronts:

The recently-announced The Challenge, which saw reality faces filming in Argentina, is also a hot tip to screen over summer, which could push I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here back into official survey -expect a return to Africa for 2023.

timmy

BEEUUUUWWW!!
Awesome site donor
Just in case no-one's mentioned it, Seven has a bunch of streaming channels called FAST, including a BBAU channel among its selection, in case you feel inclined to watch repeats of Seven's seasons on loop. Personally I'd rather scratch my eyes out with a corkscrew. It seems to be geoblocked, but plays with my VPN at least.

If Seven were to return to a live show in 2024, there's no reason why the BB channel couldn't be used for a live feed (or two).

1669531021333.png

bleachy_dude

Awesome site donor
Just in case no-one's mentioned it, Seven has a bunch of streaming channels called FAST, including a BBAU channel among its selection, in case you feel inclined to watch repeats of Seven's seasons on loop. Personally I'd rather scratch my eyes out with a corkscrew. It seems to be geoblocked, but plays with my VPN at least.

If Seven were to return to a live show in 2024, there's no reason why the BB channel couldn't be used for a live feed (or two).

View attachment 59391
Haha just clicked on the BB channel and watched the Tim and Estelle fight over the HOH lollies. They’d get through a season in a day, so they only have 4 days worth of content. These channels don’t really make sense for this type of RTV imo. Who dips in for a random episode of something like BB or Farmer, even dramas? Makes sense to have documentary channel and stuff. I see there’s a qello channel playing concerts. That’s pretty cool.

timmy

BEEUUUUWWW!!
Awesome site donor
These channels don’t really make sense for this type of RTV imo. Who dips in for a random episode of something like BB or Farmer, even dramas?

Yeah I was gonna touch on that. When I first saw Pluto had a Survivor US channel I wondered the same thing. Who's gonna sit and watch an entire season in one sitting without a break? It only makes sense for episodic shows, not for anything serialised or based on a story arc. Bizarre really.

Brekkie

Staff member
ITV have launched a few of these with their new streaming service ITVX. I think they make sense for something like The Chase where you just want a random episode rather than watch the series 3 boxset, but not so much for a reality show or series that needs watching start to finish. As you say the hope is when BBUK arrives they'll have a live channel.

Meglos

HAVE A NECTARINE, GONK
Was My Mum, Your Dad supposed to be called Grown Up Love?
Watching the finale tonight, the phrase is used several times, and I had a flashback to Kate Langbroek in the promos referring to a show about "Grown up love".
Neither name was enough to interest viewers, in my opinion.

sav0001

Was My Mum, Your Dad supposed to be called Grown Up Love?
Watching the finale tonight, the phrase is used several times, and I had a flashback to Kate Langbroek in the promos referring to a show about "Grown up love".
Neither name was enough to interest viewers, in my opinion.

Indeed it was, that was the original title Nine was going to go with before they changed it

February

I think, therefore I am, I think ...
I just watched Sting on the project 🥰
He comes over so natural, and thankfully, not old pop star full of himself like some I could mention. He has charm and a lot of dignity.

timmy

BEEUUUUWWW!!
Awesome site donor
This will seem completely random but I just saw some dudes falling into a lift on Twitter and it reminded me of this.

Remember Rosalind Shays on LA Law, who famously exited the show by falling into a lift? Here's a reminder:

So it turns out that Diana Muldaur didn't even know her character was being killed off until she opened the script. That's cold.