Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

The Last of Us
Haven’t watched it but it was filmed in Calgary. When I moved here in 2010 I went to SAIT and lived on campus so it’s a bit crazy to see these shots. I only live a few blocks from here.

The WGA Strike is leading to some interesting decisions in the US - seems you can pitch Deal or No Deal, but on an island, and The Bachelor, but for the over 50s, and get them commissioned at the moment.

The WGA Strike is leading to some interesting decisions in the US - seems you can pitch Deal or No Deal, but on an island, and The Bachelor, but for the over 50s, and get them commissioned at the moment.

One hopes lessons are learned from 10 years ago

Here are more thoughts (although I really should be worrying about the debt ceiling lol) Then again....the writer's strike matters quite a bit to us Californians.

I've just started watching The Waking Dead and really enjoying it. Yes, I am a bit late to this party, and the reason for that is I because hate zombie shit. But as I was saying, I'm really enjoying this apart from the zombie bits.

You've got three or four seasons of decent enough episodes to enjoy. Baffles me it went on so long after and with so many spin-offs too.

And get what you mean about the zombies - I always though the dragon nonsense was unnecessary on Game of Thrones too.

I've just started watching The Waking Dead and really enjoying it. Yes, I am a bit late to this party, and the reason for that is I because hate zombie shit. But as I was saying, I'm really enjoying this apart from the zombie bits.

I haven't yet watched the last season, or maybe last two but intend to. I've watched none of the spin-offs.

People complain a lot about the show, there are issues as it goes on but it's still entertaining. For season two onwards the show would air in half season blocks with a break between them. The only season I watched weekly as it aired was season one. Every other season I binged after the block of episodes aired and I didn't have the issues many people complained about. So don't be discouraged, it's still entertaining through all of what I saw.

You've got three or four seasons of decent enough episodes to enjoy. Baffles me it went on so long after and with so many spin-offs too.

And get what you mean about the zombies - I always though the dragon nonsense was unnecessary on Game of Thrones too.
haha still can't get past zombies, but I'm pro dragons (except the last season)

I can't stop thinking about the couple who got married on the weekend and the bus crashed killing those 10 people.
I'm watching it on the news now, and they're revealing who they were.
Absolutely tragic.
Heaven knows how they're feeling knowing now that their anniversary every year will be an awful reminder.
Bless them all 😢

I get lulz that one of the producers of such a brutal, graphic, gruesome drama is named Jolly Dale.

Some inconsistencies though that the walkers can barely walk, dragging their feet, except when they run, and back in the first episode could even climb over fences. I'm halfway through S3 now. Still good. Makeup is excellent.

I can't stop thinking about the couple who got married on the weekend and the bus crashed killing those 10 people.
I'm watching it on the news now, and they're revealing who they were.
Absolutely tragic.
Heaven knows how they're feeling knowing now that their anniversary every year will be an awful reminder.
Bless them all 😢
Yeah I was thinking that too, and wondering why that aspect in particular stood out to me.

I hope they can understand the crash wasn’t something they in any way caused. Horrible to have the idea that 10 people died because we fell in love.

Guess they'll hope to make it an anthology series with the nature of it meaning a complete recast every year.

I'm kicking myself for not watching it way back when. Now following the threads here and on Whirlpool as I go. But it's a bit late to participate now😂

Just started S5, there was a terrible ep where they finally killed off the useless Tyreese, but it took like 15 minutes of delusions of dead characters to get there. Good grief, talk about padding it out. Rick now looks like a hobo with Frasier Crane's hair, so I'm really hoping they meet a barber or at least happen upon a pair of scissors and/or razor soon. Zombies are so tedious and killing them is barely a sport, but I suppose it's a way for them to keep fit with all the gyms closed. Oh and thank dog Beth is dead. If only they could get rid of some of the other extraneous characters like the Minister, Abraham, Eugene and even Sasha. I guess their time will come soon.

OK literally next episode at Pleasantville Alexandria, Rick gets scissors, a razor and a hairdresser 😂

Back