Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

OMG MOIRA IS BACK!

Schitts Creek is back with double episodes
And awwwwww final season
Love this show and cast so much

Oh excellent, I loved this show. I have watched it maybe 10 times. Was never as good in seasons 2/3 because when Carolyn Seymour (Abby) left the show after S1, writers pretended she was still a character and continuously teased viewers that she would return. Also I remember a review saying that S2 was like a "macabre version of The Good Life" lol. Pretty apt really.

They remade the show in 2008 and then abruptly cancelled it at the end of S2. They had wrapped up most of the loose ends but had a bit of a cliffhanger ending, unfortunately.

*not sure I need spoiler tags for a 45yo show.
Wow they completely overhauled the show after season 1, quite brutally. There had to more to that than Carolyn Seymour leaving.

One thing that impressd me through season 1 was how they managed to keep their hairdos so well, Abby never lost her tints and Emma's perm never failed. At least in the Walking Dead they look like they haven't showered for six months.

Wow they completely overhauled the show after season 1, quite brutally. There had to more to that than Carolyn Seymour leaving.

One thing that impressd me through season 1 was how they managed to keep their hairdos so well, Abby never lost her tints and Emma's perm never failed. At least in the Walking Dead they look like they haven't showered for six months.

Abby looking for Peter and encountering new people/characters was pretty much the theme of S1. They must have been a bit flummoxed when Seymour left. I felt cheated though by the way the writers handled it. I suppose if they had killed her off the viewers might not have returned either. S3 just gets more and more bizarre.

As for their hair, in the initial scenes of the first ep you can see Seymour was wearing a wig before that risque (for its time) shower scene with her cutting her hair short. Also, you'll notice also that their clothes are always nice and clean. One of the actors said it's obviously much easier for continuity when they're always clean.

There's a whole website dedicated to the show here. I do find it a fascinating little window into a very white and middle class 1970s England though.

So the farmers don't even have to stick to the format.
Don't want to eliminate one? Fine, you don't have to.
Unless it's that one with four kids, gotta get rid of her, but careful not to give that as the reason why.

I don't watch Farmer Wants A Wife but is it true that Call and Win host Henrietta is on it?

There is a Henrietta, is this her?
Henrietta-31-Queensland.jpg

Haha! I just realised that...I shouldn't drink so much when I'm posting!

ETA: And so I deleted my OP...apologies to anyone who doesn't know wtf is going on.

Last edited:
Back