Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

Finding warm, sweet, kind & hopeful tv shows help a lot during this weird and awful virus
2 very gentle sweet shows I love now.....
The Doghouse on 10, funny or sad abandoned doggies matched with new homes
And
I am obsessed with Escape to the Chateau, the most beautiful old rundown palace, bought for peanuts
The couple and whole loving, cheery, talented family are fabulous to watch
Nothing like a reno show, hate those
This is far more interesting,,.it is so charming

Finding warm, sweet, kind & hopeful tv shows help a lot during this weird and awful virus
2 very gentle sweet shows I love now.....
The Doghouse on 10, funny or sad abandoned doggies matched with new homes
And
I am obsessed with Escape to the Chateau, the most beautiful old rundown palace, bought for peanuts
The couple and whole loving, cheery, talented family are fabulous to watch
Nothing like a reno show, hate those
This is far more interesting,,.it is so charming
I love the Dog House. Really lovely program
I've seen a couple of Escape To The Chateau episodes before, but have the series recorded.
Glad to see Escape From The City started again.

Reactions: kxk
They've ruined The Living Room.
Not that it was ever brilliant, but it was watchable and had its own identity, with Hot Or Not etc.
Now with a 'revamp' it's become just another renovation makeover show, with the full episode devoted to swooping in like Scott Cam or Jamie Durie to fix up a house for a needy family. As you can imagine, this suits Barry, but leaves Amanda, Chris and Miguel stranded on the wrong show.
Plus it is so, so boring, I couldn't make it to the end.

They've ruined The Living Room.
10 has amped up its geoblock now so I can't watch any more even via my VPN, so I couldn't watch this. I would have given it a look though. So no more live 10 for me. Will likely be able to source Survivor, but maybe not Gogglebox. Meh.

I thought they might be going for a "Queer Eye" kind of thing, but just another reno show is pretty weak. I guess the restrictions have left them with nothing else.

OK so it turns out someone actually rips The Living Room and makes it available on.. sources. Who knew? And it was boring but I did make it more than half way through. They should have given it a new name because it's not a patch on the old show. Not sure why WTFN let 10 get away with this.

Yeah you can get googlebox au as well from.... sources.
Thanks. I'd done a search on that and yes. Previously it was a bit patchy in terms of eps so hopefully they are consistent now. I wish there was also a consistent souce for Selling Houses Australia because I've always enjoyed that, and of don't have Foxtel ofc.

Been getting into Survivors, a 70s post-pandemic series from the UK created by Terry Nation (Daleks, Blakes 7).

Must have watched it as a kid since everything in it has an elusive familiarity to it, though I have no particular memories of the show. I'm sure this isn't my first crush on Lucy Fleming.

Been getting into Survivors, a 70s post-pandemic series from the UK created by Terry Nation
Oh excellent, I loved this show. I have watched it maybe 10 times. Was never as good in seasons 2/3 because when Carolyn Seymour (Abby) left the show after S1, writers pretended she was still a character and continuously teased viewers that she would return. Also I remember a review saying that S2 was like a "macabre version of The Good Life" lol. Pretty apt really.

They remade the show in 2008 and then abruptly cancelled it at the end of S2. They had wrapped up most of the loose ends but had a bit of a cliffhanger ending, unfortunately.

*not sure I need spoiler tags for a 45yo show.

Programme pitch: kind of a Gogglebox show where people who bought houses featured on property flipping shows watch the show where their house got made over.

I'd like to watch them squirm as the renovators find the dry rot, wasp nest, lack of foundations/house held up by some crumbing bricks and chunks of wood, hundred year old wiring, termite infestation etc. Or (especially) those houses that had had 20 cats in them peeing and shitting everywhere and the walls are all tagged, windows boarded up but still had squatters living in them and stunk so badly the renovators had to wear masks. Oh, and the obligatory fridge with rancid rotten food in it.

Back