Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

This show is WONDERFUL......history they have to live, the kids are strugling with gross food, and Mum is depressed
slave to housework
Back In Time For Dinner
'The 1950s'

ABC, 8:30pm, Tue, 29 May 2018, 60 minutes

They must have known this would happen eventually.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2018/may/29/roseanne-barr-tweet-valerie-jarrett-ape

Roseanne Barr’s revived sitcom has been cancelled after she posted a racist and Islamophobic tweet that attacked former Obama White House adviser Valerie Jarrett.

The sitcom star falsely alleged that Jarrett, who was born in Iran to American parents, has connections to the Muslim Brotherhood, and compared her to an ape. Barr wrote: “Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj,” using Jarrett’s initials.

ABC swiftly announced the show’s cancellation. The network said in a statement: “Roseanne’s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show.”

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2018/may/29/roseanne-barr-tweet-valerie-jarrett-ape

Roseanne Barr’s revived sitcom has been cancelled after she posted a racist and Islamophobic tweet that attacked former Obama White House adviser Valerie Jarrett.

The sitcom star falsely alleged that Jarrett, who was born in Iran to American parents, has connections to the Muslim Brotherhood, and compared her to an ape. Barr wrote: “Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj,” using Jarrett’s initials.

ABC swiftly announced the show’s cancellation. The network said in a statement: “Roseanne’s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show.”

It's a shame that the other cast members have to suffer due to her big mouth, it was quite a decent show.

...why doesn't this surprise me?... I had never watched the first series all of those years ago because of Roseanne herself basically... I just really didn't like her to be honest... but because they remade a new series of 'Will and Grace' and it was as good as it ever was I decided to cut new Roseanne show some slack and give it a go... surprisingly so to me I thought that it was okay... I never knew all of the characters but saw they that were all putting their hearts into it to make the rebirth of the show a success and it didn't take me too long to realise who was who in the show... it was quite funny at times... although...

...John Goodman didn't really look like he was enjoying himself on the show to me?... perhaps I've missed something?... is that how his character was supposed to be?... perhaps it's just me?... I'm a newbie to the show so who am I to comment eh?... lol!... but... as I said... why doesn't it surprise me?... as Meglos said...

It's a shame that the other cast members have to suffer due to her big mouth, it was quite a decent show.

...I feel sorry for all of the other cast members who were probably enjoying their renewed stardom for the brief time that it has been on but will have no further career from here onwards thanks to her big mouth as Meglos so rightly put it... silly woman... cheers.

...speaking of sitcoms... has anyone seen Matt LeBlanc's show 'Man with a plan' I think it's called?... it's on late at night on Channel 10 at times... I love it!... I really like his doofus brother in the show that is always looking for a quick scam all of the time lol!... it really is quite funny... cheers.

...why doesn't this surprise me?... I had never watched the first series all of those years ago because of Roseanne herself basically... I just really didn't like her to be honest... but because they remade a new series of 'Will and Grace' and it was as good as it ever was I decided to cut new Roseanne show some slack and give it a go... surprisingly so to me I thought that it was okay... I never knew all of the characters but saw they that were all putting their hearts into it to make the rebirth of the show a success and it didn't take me too long to realise who was who in the show... it was quite funny at times... although...

...John Goodman didn't really look like he was enjoying himself on the show to me?... perhaps I've missed something?... is that how his character was supposed to be?... perhaps it's just me?... I'm a newbie to the show so who am I to comment eh?... lol!... but... as I said... why doesn't it surprise me?... as Meglos said...

...I feel sorry for all of the other cast members who were probably enjoying their renewed stardom for the brief time that it has been on but will have no further career from here onwards thanks to her big mouth as Meglos so rightly put it... silly woman... cheers.

Roseanne and John Goodman have a long personal history, with awful things being said about the other, so suffice to say it was VERY surprising when he agreed to do the reunion. So perhaps you are right and he wasn't happy all along, knowing Roseanne would put her foot in it sooner or later. Sara Gilbert (Darlene) who I think is a very good actress, is not hiding her disgust.
sara gilbert
✔@THEsaragilbert
Roseanne’s recent comments about Valerie Jarrett, and so much more, are abhorrent and do not reflect the beliefs of our cast and crew or anyone associated with our show. I am disappointed in her actions to say the least.

sara gilbert
✔@THEsaragilbert

This is incredibly sad and difficult for all of us, as we’ve created a show that we believe in, are proud of, and that audiences love— one that is separate and apart from the opinions and words of one cast member.

Do any of you know if Jeopardy! airs on Australian TV in any medium? I watch it every day on YouTube but its always a really poor quality video.

This looks good, Judy Davis I love.....

Mystery Road - The Series

'Gone & Blood Ties'

ABC, 8:30pm, Sun, 3 Jun 2018, 105 minutes

NEW SHOW

Detective Jay Swan is assigned to investigate a mysterious disappearance on an outback cattle station. Two unannounced visitors in town cause chaos as they uncover the mystery of the missing men. (Double Episode Premiere)

Directed by Rachel Perkins. Deborah Mailman, Colin Friels, Ernie Dingo, John Waters, Aaron McGrath, Tasma Walton, Aaron Pedersen, Judy davis

Series, Australia, English, Drama, Crime

This looks good, Judy Davis I love.....

Mystery Road - The Series

'Gone & Blood Ties'

ABC, 8:30pm, Sun, 3 Jun 2018, 105 minutes

NEW SHOW

Detective Jay Swan is assigned to investigate a mysterious disappearance on an outback cattle station. Two unannounced visitors in town cause chaos as they uncover the mystery of the missing men. (Double Episode Premiere)

Directed by Rachel Perkins. Deborah Mailman, Colin Friels, Ernie Dingo, John Waters, Aaron McGrath, Tasma Walton, Aaron Pedersen, Judy davis

Series, Australia, English, Drama, Crime

That's a great cast

...has anyone ever watched 'Gotham'?... I so love that show... it shows the origins of the Batman back story... or a really good version of it anyway... it shows why Bruce Wayne became Batman and also the origins of The Penguin/The Riddler etc etc... the writers are so clever as to how it all came about... and how it all comes together... cheers.

...has anyone ever watched 'Gotham'?... I so love that show... it shows the origins of the Batman back story... or a really good version of it anyway... it shows why Bruce Wayne became Batman and also the origins of The Penguin/The Riddler etc etc... the writers are so clever as to how it all came about... and how it all comes together... cheers.

no, but i want to

no, but i want to

...I really do suggest that if you get the chance to reepbot that you will not be disappointed... their explaining as to why the Riddler/The Penguin /The Joker/Poison Ivy and Catwoman just to name a few came to be who they are and as to why they're the way they are is so detailed and explains all... and... Sean Pertwee (Jon Pertwee's son) plays Bruce Wayne's butler Alfred and does a bloody fine job of it too as does Ben McKenzie as Commissioner Gordon... such quality in their performances... I'm watching season 4 on Foxtel at the moment and they are making season 5 as we speak... cheers.

...I really do suggest that if you get the chance to reepbot that you will not be disappointed... their explaining as to why the Riddler/The Penguin /The Joker/Poison Ivy and Catwoman just to name a few came to be who they are and as to why they're the way they are is so detailed and explains all... and... Sean Pertwee (Jon Pertwee's son) plays Bruce Wayne's butler Alfred and does a bloody fine job of it too as does Ben McKenzie as Commissioner Gordon... such quality in their performances... I'm watching season 4 on Foxtel at the moment and they are making season 5 as we speak... cheers.

i just saw it is on netflix.

Back