Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

Anyone else a fan of Miriam? I love her.....

Miriam's Big American Adventure

ABC, 9:30pm, Tue, 5 Jun 2018, 60 minutes

NEW SHOW

Miriam Margolyes embarks on an epic road trip through the heartland of America to learn more about the people who are reshaping the nation. Miriam begins her journey in Chicago, as she goes in search of the American dream.

Series, United Kingdom, English, Entertainment

TONIGHT......my gran might be in this I hope

Where Are You Really From?

'Bendigo, Victoria'

SBS, 7:30pm, Fri, 8 Jun 2018, 30 minutes

NEW SHOW

The Chinese migrated to regional Victoria in the late 1800s in search of gold. Instead, they often found persecution and violence. Today, Bendigo is a city of contrasts and one that is trying to reconcile its past. The few descendants of those early Chinese settlers that remain in the town are each trying to rediscover a side of their history that was too often seen as shameful. For Michael Hing, the experience is a personal one. His ancestors settled in regional New South Wales, but they just as easily could have called Bendigo home.

Michael Hing

Series, 2018, Australia, English, Documentary, News, Society & Culture

Disappointed that
Sam
is in the top 4 of The Voice instead of
Trent
It's supposed to be The Voice, not The Loop. His DJing is clever, but his singing voice is actual crap, and 'Bohemian Rhapsody' was appalling..

Finished watching Killing Eve on iview. Enjoyable, unpredictable thriller with a comic undercurrent from the two female leads. Sandra Oh is great.

Reactions: kxk
He could spin a whole tragic career out of this. Cling-film, Clingons, Clinkers... the possibilities are endless once you sell your last traces of dignity.

I am dumbfounded about the whole thing and wondering how the collaboration even began? I mean did he go to Heinz or did they approach him? It's a really weird fit despite the play on "clinger". Something like sunscreen would at least make more sense.

I am dumbfounded about the whole thing and wondering how the collaboration even began? I mean did he go to Heinz or did they approach him? It's a really weird fit despite the play on "clinger". Something like sunscreen would at least make more sense.

I agree, it's a one-note joke that I wouldn't have thought a reputable company like Heinz would let past a joke in the advertising meetings. And it will be a total WTF to the vast majority of people who don't know who Jarrod is.

I agree, it's a one-note joke that I wouldn't have thought a reputable company like Heinz would let past a joke in the advertising meetings. And it will be a total WTF to the vast majority of people who don't know who Jarrod is.
those who do know who he is are going to worry who peed in the pot...

Back