Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

If you have not seen this movie.........catch it while you can it is AMAZING, I stumbled on it about 10 years ago, just by chance
And OMG it is stunning, very young Debra Mailman is hilarious as the naughty youngest sister
For anyone with siblings it is pure magic

Movie: Radiance

NITV, 9:30pm, Thu, 12 Jul 2018, 90 minutes

REPEAT

With the death of their mother, two sisters (Nona and Cressy) return to their childhood home in Northern Australia where their third sister, Mae, lived looking after their mother. The funeral happens and the three find themselves together in the house for the first time in years. With time to talk, drink and fight, past hurts are revealed and family secrets come out.

Directed by Rachel Perkins. Rachel Maza, Deborah Mailman, Trisha Morton-Thomas, Ben Oxenbould

1998, Australia, English, Drama, Movie

I studied radiance in eleventh grade. But we only read the text I think. I can't remember seeing the movie.

It is a FANTASTIC movie, you would remember it if you had seen it, highly recommend watching this.
Great book to study :)

This looks interesting on NOW....@qtkt

First Civilisations

'Religion'

SBS, 7:30pm, Sun, 15 Jul 2018, 60 minutes

NEW SHOW

Religion has always been the soulmate of civilisation - they are meant for each other. This connection was first made in Ancient Egypt, which is still the longest lasting civilisation in world history. All civilisations since have borrowed something of the blueprint established by the Egyptians. Remarkably, it is possible to trace the birth of organised religion to a specific site known as Nabta Playa in the Egyptian desert. Here, 8,000 years ago, herders built stone circles and erected megaliths as a place of worship. Archaeologist and series consultant, Jeff Rose believes the site was a prototype church where people tried to understand their place within the ever-changing rhythms of the natural world.

Series, 2017, United Kingdom, English, Documentary, Arts & Culture, War, Historical, Society & Culture

Recording Options

I’m going to have to find that on catch up tv @kxk. I’ve been on a church camp/retreat from Thursday morning until about an hour ago. No computers, phones, etc allowed. Was a good camp though.

Reactions: kxk
I didn't find it that interesting, mostly stuff I had seen/read before.
There was a recent doco, week before i think about Stonehenge, and that was fascinating.....loads of new stuff, ancient lines point to the spot, thousands buried there before the stones, it was a place of worship long before they made the stone circle.

Tonight :
4 Corners tonight......devoted to Thai miracle rescue

Four Corners

'Out Of The Dark'
ABC HD, 8:30pm, Mon, 16 Jul 2018, 55 minutes

The extraordinary rescue mission to save Thailand's lost boys. Mark Willacy documents the extraordinary international effort to find and rescue 12 school boys and their soccer coach from a remote cave in northern Thailand.

I didn't find it that interesting, mostly stuff I had seen/read before.

Might give it a miss then. Definitely lining up for the Thai cave doco though. Even have my alarm set so I don’t forget.

Reactions: kxk
Just a reminder You Can't Ask That has questions for former reality TV contestants, tomorrow night on ABC:

Is the idea of fame and fortune all it's cracked up to be? Ex-Reality TV stars tell all about what's it's like to jump head first into the world of reality TV and come out the other side. This is the reality of reality TV.

Next on:Wednesday 18 July 2018, 9:00pm

I am currently bingewatching a show you are all undoubtedly familiar with. Wentworth has 5 seasons on Netflix. Personally I think its a great show and puts OINB to shame. Im on season 2 and the episode where Bea slashes herself after taking some blood coagulents and I presume she escapes from the hospital to attempt to stop a hit on Liz in the halfway house.

Does this show get better as it goes along or does it just peter out at some point, like the Walking Dead?

I also love Kate Atkinson:kiss: She looks like shes around 4'10" in heels.

I am currently bingewatching a show you are all undoubtedly familiar with. Wentworth has 5 seasons on Netflix. Personally I think its a great show and puts OINB to shame. Im on season 2 and the episode where Bea slashes herself after taking some blood coagulents and I presume she escapes from the hospital to attempt to stop a hit on Liz in the halfway house.

Does this show get better as it goes along or does it just peter out at some point, like the Walking Dead?

I also love Kate Atkinson:kiss: She looks like shes around 4'10" in heels.

I'm up to the current episode (season 6), and it's still really, really good. Some new characters, but enough of the old ones are still around and developing in quite interesting ways (without giving anything away).
Rumours are that it's ending after season 7, which they just wrapped.

I can only bear to watch Who is America? in 5 minute chunks. It is just excruciating beyond imagination.

Ok, Handmaid’s Tale, you’ve had your fun, no more
She nearly gets away but doesn’t
next season.

Back