Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

Random TV question does anyone where to find old Rove Live full episodes, had a look on youtube but only has the 10 year special and select highlights up there cheers

This is on NOW, and it is awesome......I think the preacher at the royal wedding may have just watched this....FIRE is everything

Origins: The Journey Of Humankind

'Series 1, Episode 1'

SBS, 7:35pm, Sat, 26 May 2018, 55 minutes

NEW SHOW

We are the Fire Species. Harnessing fire gave us the power to create, to destroy and to transform. But it also taught us hard lessons about what we can and cannot control. This is the story of how fire transformed our biology and carried us from the savannah to the Moon.

Series, 2017, United States, English, Documentary, Science & Tech, Historical, Society & Culture

FOLOWED AT 8.30 BE NEXT EPISODE

But it makes us human....as they just pointed out, no other creature has harnessed fire and used it, just humans

Ever been in or near a real bush or house fire?

I have experienced both, first was a flat on fire in a building we were at a party, bush fire in WA my country town was cut off both ways, ie north and south, big flames, but we just sat on the beach

You don't know what real pitch black is until you have experienced fire black, feels like you can swim in it, and I am guessing this is what blind feels like too

i don't care. fire is scary and evil. case closed. and to have a documentary about fire is morally wrong.

You missed every relevant point....ie the show is Origins: The Journey Of Humankind.....not fire, fire lets play with fire
Points out how we have used fire to progress, or blow up stuff - but that is not the entire story of humans
Watch it ...now about medicine, it is about the human journey from cave to now

Wow, Nostradamus....that famous prediction guy, he was a plague doctor, and he helped implement sanitation/cleanliness/boiling stuff,and burying the infected quick smart

Nothing like the Logie nominations to remind how disconnected I am from what most people watch.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebrity/tv/logie-nominees-2018-48741

The only thing that gave me cheer was Luke McGregor and Celia Pacquola both getting noms for most popular actor/actress.

Ditto.....go Rosehaven
I like to go vote for weird stuff, and funny 10 win more awards than anyone yet are last in the ratings????

Barry should have got a gold, but I will go and vote for lovely Amanda, and Grant just to shove at 7
If that ghastly MAFS wins anything I may despair

I really have no clue who a lot of these noms are

Not sure if any of you are looking for tv shows to binge on, but just in case I will recommend a few. I am always looking for bingeworthy tv and would appreciate any tips.

My current favourites

Luther
Line of Duty
Unforgotten
UnReal
The Handmaids Tale
Marco Polo
Damages
Liar
Geordie Shore
The Alienist

They must have pre-recorded a lot

This starts tonight, I LOVE this genre, where they live like people in the past....

Back In Time For Dinner
'The 1950s'

ABC, 8:30pm, Tue, 29 May 2018, 60 minutes

NEW SHOW
Guided by Annabel Crabb, an Aussie family goes on a time-travelling adventure to discover how the food we eat transformed the way we live, the fabric of the nation and defined family roles - starting in post-war 1950s.

Annabelle Crabb

Series, Australia, English, Entertainment, Cooking, Food/Wine

Back