Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

I just read that red dwarf has been renewed for a thirteenth season. Filming will start later this year.

...say what?... wooooooohoooooooo!.... you have made my year Isee!... Danny John-Jules has just recently quit his role in 'Death in Paradise' so that does make sense... thanks so much for telling me that... I've only just finished watching an episode of Red Dwarf not even 20 minutes ago lol!... woooooooohooooooo!... I love it!... cheers.

...say what?... wooooooohoooooooo!.... you have made my year Isee!... Danny John-Jules has just recently quit his role in 'Death in Paradise' so that does make sense... thanks so much for telling me that... I've only just finished watching an episode of Red Dwarf not even 20 minutes ago lol!... woooooooohooooooo!... I love it!... cheers.
Thought you would be as happy as I am!

No I haven't read this, I can't stand Dan Brown books in general......he copied better authors concepts and blew them up into pulp fiction.

Is it real? Or more fiction?
More fiction. I completely understand your Dan Brown opinion lol and share it, the book was given to me and its the only one of his Ive ever been able to finish.

And a couple of upcoming series, season 2 of the entertaining but complex HBO Westworld debuting April 21

And a less campy, more dramatic remake of an old series Lost in Space on Netflix April 12

Despite being a ‘family’ show, I mostly enjoyed the new Lost in Space, but I guess I’m a bit sentimental having loved the original. Quite like Parker Posey as the new Dr Smith, and the new robot is good too. But I’m still hanging out for her to call him a ‘bubble headed booby’. :D Still a lot of plot is driven by poor communication, typical of a lot of US shows.

Fun trivia, the Z. Smith who died at the start was played by the original Will Robinson, Billy Mumy.

Now I’m hoping Westworld season 2 can live up to season 1. I find as the show goes on, I’m interested less in Dolores - and more in Maeve.

Kelly Rowland is coming across too strongly on The Voice. Nothing wrong with a bit of attitude but she's shouting people down, especially Boy George.

Watching this, and it is really good......fascinating in fact, taking notes as he has amazing secret sources for all these cuisines...many in Melbourne......wow, now I know where I can see Swedes and their lolly shop in a church, apparently Swedish love lollies.

Destination Flavour Eurovision
SBS, 7:30pm, Thu, 10 May 2018, 65 minutes..............................................5 stars highly recommended, surprising fascinating

If you can't be at the Eurovision Song Contest in person, Adam Liaw will show you the best of Europe without using his passport - it's all here in Australia. Our anointed Eurovision Foodie will show how the people of the European diasporas celebrate the Eurovision Song Contest in Australia - the music, the festivities, the favourite performers, and of course the food and drink. Destination Flavour Eurovision is the ultimate how-to guide for hosting your own Eurovision party.

Despite being a ‘family’ show, I mostly enjoyed the new Lost in Space, but I guess I’m a bit sentimental having loved the original. Quite like Parker Posey as the new Dr Smith, and the new robot is good too. But I’m still hanging out for her to call him a ‘bubble headed booby’. :D Still a lot of plot is driven by poor communication, typical of a lot of US shows.

Fun trivia, the Z. Smith who died at the start was played by the original Will Robinson, Billy Mumy.

Now I’m hoping Westworld season 2 can live up to season 1. I find as the show goes on, I’m interested less in Dolores - and more in Maeve.

...is Lost in Space being shown on Netflix or something oddjob?... it's not on Foxtel I don't think... I'm dying to watch that show... cheers.

STARGAZING SCHEDULE

STARGAZING LIVE - TV SHOWTIMES

TUESDAY, MAY 22
Series 2: Episode 1
60 minutes, PG, Documentary, WS, CC, Series
(Australia, English)

Stargazing returns over three big nights. Professor Brian Cox and Julia Zemiro are joined by Tim Minchin on their live journey through the cosmos, plus Alan Duffy uses the Parkes dish to listen live for Aliens. " data-html="true" data-title="Stargazing Live" data-trigger="hover" style="box-sizing: border-box;">
8:00pm

remote_new.png
Stargazing Live ‘Series 2: Episode 1’

ABC

(Australia, English)

Stargazing returns over three big nights. Professor Brian Cox and Julia Zemiro are joined by Tim Minchin on their live journey through the cosmos, plus Alan Duffy uses the Parkes dish to listen live for Aliens. " data-html="true" data-title="Stargazing Live" data-trigger="hover" style="box-sizing: border-box;">
remote_new.png

ABC HD

60 minutes, PG, Documentary, WS, CC, Series, Repeat
(Australia, English)

ABC ME

WEDNESDAY, MAY 23
(Australia, English)

11:00am

ABC

(Australia, English)

ABC HD

Series 2: Episode 2
(Australia, English)

Julia Zemiro takes a 'road trip' tour of NASA facilities across the US, in which she witnesses a rocket launch, meets the voice of the countdown & enrols in Astronaut School. Plus Brian Cox with more astronomical insights." data-html="true" data-title="Stargazing Live" data-trigger="hover" style="box-sizing: border-box;">

remote_new.png
Stargazing Live ‘Series 2: Episode 2’

ABC

(Australia, English)

Julia Zemiro takes a 'road trip' tour of NASA facilities across the US, in which she witnesses a rocket launch, meets the voice of the countdown & enrols in Astronaut School. Plus Brian Cox with more astronomical insights." data-html="true" data-title="Stargazing Live" data-trigger="hover" style="box-sizing: border-box;">
remote_new.png

ABC HD

(Australia, English)

ABC ME

THURSDAY, MAY 24
(Australia, English)

ABC

(Australia, English)

ABC HD

Series 2: Episode 3
(Australia, English)

The final night of Stargazing Live as Brian Cox and Julia Zemiro take over the Parkes Dish in the Parkes Observatory in NSW, using it to listen live for signs of intelligent life from a newly discovered earth-like planet." data-html="true" data-title="Stargazing Live" data-trigger="hover" style="box-sizing: border-box;">

remote_new.png
Stargazing Live ‘Series 2: Episode 3’

ABC

(Australia, English)

The final night of Stargazing Live as Brian Cox and Julia Zemiro take over the Parkes Dish in the Parkes Observatory in NSW, using it to listen live for signs of intelligent life from a newly discovered earth-like planet." data-html="true" data-title="Stargazing Live" data-trigger="hover" style="box-sizing: border-box;">
remote_new.png

ABC HD

(Australia, English)

ABC ME

FRIDAY, MAY 25
(Australia, English)

ABC

(Australia, English)

ABC HD

HYBPA has a great revolving lineup of panelists. Tonight they had Sam Pang, Celia and Susie. I also love Kitty Flanagan, Anne Edmonds, Cal Wilson, Jane Kennedy, Kate Langbroek, Urzila Carlson etc.

Back