Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

I have season 1 outlander on a flash drive if anyone can tell if I can send it easily to @Mr Stickyfingers via email?

I think Vikings 1-3 seasons is astounding, glorious stuff - Ragnar/Travis Flimmel the lead is an Aussie, so charismatic it almost melts the TV screen, blimey he has piercing eyes and such presence, and Laegertha his partner sword maiden.

Me neither. It's the main reason I've never watched Game Of Thrones, it's all or nothing.
And LOL, me too, I bought Season 1 and it sits in it's packet, have never had time to begin - maybe that will be my Christmas leisure now the local library has the entire set.

I really enjoy Outlander. Hopefully you do too when it pops up from the start again. :)

...I'll make sure that I do TeamRohan... from the 2 or 3 episodes that I did watch it looks phenomenal my friend... as I said... jumping in halfway through just got so... confusing... lol!...

I have season 1 outlander on a flash drive if anyone can tell if I can send it easily to @Mr Stickyfingers via email?

I think Vikings 1-3 seasons is astounding, glorious stuff - Ragnar/Travis Flimmel the lead is an Aussie, so charismatic it almost melts the TV screen, blimey he has piercing eyes and such presence, and Laegertha his partner sword maiden.

And LOL, me too, I bought Season 1 and it sits in it's packet, have never had time to begin - maybe that will be my Christmas leisure now the local library has the entire set.

...no that's okay kxk... it won't be too long until Foxtel give those shows a re-screen...don't put yourself out too much just for me my friend... they come around quite quickly sometimes... it's just a matter of be being patient... (which is not one of my best traits that's for sure)... lol!... but thanks so much for thinking of doing that for me kxk... you really are a good friend on these Forums... for that... I thank you... cheers.

Reactions: kxk

I had three seasons on DVD unwatched, before I finally started watching them. Now it’s way too hard to avoid the spoilers and I have to watch it in real time.

BBC Christmas Day......have to find a way to watch this....

It's 'The Kar-crashians'! French and Saunders send up the famous family in 30th anniversary special... as Dawn emulates Kim with make-up contouring and a (very) large posterior

477FAF5800000578-0-It_s_The_Kar_crashians_French_and_Saunders_send_up_the_famous_fa-m-84_1513869557765.jpg

Comedy queens Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders have tackled the Kardashians for their 30th anniversary Christmas special.

In newly released photos ahead of the Christmas Day show, Dawn, 60, channels Kim herself - complete with over-sized posterior.
477FB0C800000578-0-image-a-82_1513868161075.jpg

477FAFF800000578-0-They_re_back_The_comediennes_look_to_delight_fans_in_a_brand_new-m-85_1513869591050.jpg

Previously on AbFab............

'There's a new disease called the Kardashians, darling. It's just sort of spread,' Edina tells Saffy.

'Like herpes,' adds Patsy. 'Each one with its own reality show. They're multiplying like head lice.'

Edina goes on: 'Darling, look at this fat one at the end. Very soon, she will split like an amoeba and become TWO Kardashians. That looks like a boob. In fact, it's just another Kardashian.'

Also do....Poldark and Handmaid's tale
4756A61900000578-5202709-image-a-89_1513870053582.jpg

47745EAB00000578-5202709-image-a-88_1513870051573.jpg

Other fresh sketches in the broadcast will focus on Gogglebox, Wonder Woman and The Handmaid's Tale, although the TV stars have previously hinted that nothing is out of bounds and no-one is safe.

Star guests include Joanna [Lumley] and Lulu.

300 Years Of French And Saunders airs on BBC One at 10.35pm on Christmas Day.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...imic-Kardashians-new-spoof.html#ixzz51yKiCB65
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

MONKEY TIME SOON

The New Legends of Monkey.....REMEMBER rushing home after school and kicking back with some adventures of the Monkey King? The remake is finally here

3b0b01e455b619624a7083cdb915d1fc

Based on a 16th century Chinese book called Journey to the West, tales of the Monkey King are revered in Chinese literature and wider Asian culture. It continues to be adapted across TV, film and gaming. The best-known version to Australian audiences was the Japanese TV series with an English dub that aired on the ABC after school in the early 1980s.

The New Legends of Monkey is set in a world in which the demons have ruled the realm for centuries and hope is starting to fade of a better time.

It’s easy to see the parallels between that and the fractious social order of our current era. But it’s not intentional.

“We wanted to create a series which was about the importance of love, belonging and friendship,” Irvin said. “It’s a series about people in the margins — they’re lonely and misfits but they find each other, forming their own family in a world that is harsh and trying to keep hope and good alive.

“It wasn’t directly a response to what’s happening but the focus we wanted was the idea of acceptance and love and people finding their place in the world.”

This great little NZ movie is on tonight. Love it.

Movie: Hunt For The Wilderpeople

SBS, 8:30pm, Fri, 26 Jan 2018, 115 minutes

This New Zealand comedy-drama film follows Ricky, a defiant young city kid who finds himself on the run with his cantankerous foster uncle in the wild New Zealand bush. A national manhunt ensues, and the two are forced to put aside their differences and work together to survive in this hilarious and heartfelt adventure. Hunt for the Wilderpeople was written and directed by Taika Waititi, and stars Sam Neill, Julian Dennison and Rima Te Wiata. The film won five major awards at the New Zealand Film and TV Awards in 2017, including: Best Film, Best Director (Taika Waititi), Best Actor (Julian Dennison), Best Supporting Actress (Rima Te Wiata) and Best Supporting Actor (Sam Neill).

Directed by Taika Waititi. Sam Neill, Julian Dennison, Rima Te Wiata

2016, New Zealand, English, Drama, Comedy, Adventure, Movie

This New Zealand comedy-drama film follows Ricky, a defiant young city kid who finds himself on the run with his cantankerous foster uncle in the wild New Zealand bush. A national manhunt ensues, and the two are forced to put aside their differences and work together to survive in this hilarious and heartfelt adventure. Hunt for the Wilderpeople was written and directed by Taika Waititi, and stars Sam Neill, Julian Dennison and Rima Te Wiata. The film won five major awards at the New Zealand Film and TV Awards in 2017, including: Best Film, Best Director (Taika Waititi), Best Actor (Julian Dennison), Best Supporting Actress (Rima Te Wiata) and Best Supporting Actor (Sam Neill).

Yep that is a great movie and very funny in parts. If you're struggling to find something to watch tonight I highly recommend this gem. :)

Excellent movie

I just read an interesting interview with Quincy Jones, in which he accuses Michael Jackson of stealing, Cyndi Lauper of lying, The Beatles of being terrible, and Marlon Brando sleeping with Richard Pryor. Check it out if you want a scandalous read.
http://www.vulture.com/2018/02/quincy-jones-in-conversation.html

...I read all of it Meglos... he sounds like a big headed pretentious love-me-do twonk to me that seems to think that the whole World revolves around him only... but other than that... he's probably a nice guy... thanks for posting it Meglos... cheers.

...I read all of it Meglos... he sounds like a big headed pretentious love-me-do twonk to me that seems to think that the whole World revolves around him only... but other than that... he's probably a nice guy... thanks for posting it Meglos... cheers.

Oh yes, very arrogant, but still interesting. Considering his millions upon millions are basically down to Michael Jackson, it's a bit of a case of "biting the hand that feeds" and 'speaking ill of the dead".
Why do people wait until they're old to start "telling it like it is"?

MJ's Machiavellianism makes total sense.... Watching, learning and sucking in the popular music business like sponge since childhood, on top of everything else. Just read Moonwalk, so a very interesting and timely article!

Btw, Can someone fix I'm a Celeb? It's broken.

Oooooooo DENTON IS COMING BACK

Denton will be back on our screens later this year doing what he does best. He’s got a new show on Channel Seven called Interview, which he told the Herald Sun will be “centred around human beings who are fascinating, they could be celebrities, or people in the news”.

“I sat out for a long time,” Denton said about his TV comeback. “Part of returning is just how the world has changed. It seems to have got crazier, meaner, louder and shoutier. I wanted to come back and hold a conversation.”

Oooooooo DENTON IS COMING BACK

Denton will be back on our screens later this year doing what he does best. He’s got a new show on Channel Seven called Interview, which he told the Herald Sun will be “centred around human beings who are fascinating, they could be celebrities, or people in the news”.

“I sat out for a long time,” Denton said about his TV comeback. “Part of returning is just how the world has changed. It seems to have got crazier, meaner, louder and shoutier. I wanted to come back and hold a conversation.”

And I just saw an ad for a new show hosted by Rove, featuring Joel Creasey and a woman comedian I haven't heard of.
I hope it isn't instead of Whovians, hopefully it will be over before Doctor Who starts.

Back