Skip to main content

THE COUCH - TV Chat Thread

I've given up on Doctor Doctor tonight. First time I haven't recorded it. This season has been so bad (despite strong actors like Tina Bursill and Nicole Da Silva).

SAM PANG................is on this weird show

AFL: The Front Bar

Seven, 8:30pm, Thu, 31 Aug 2017, 60 minutes

ON NOW

AFL experts get together and share the AFL fun - but from the most informed point of view on television.
Series, Australia, English, Sport, AFL
(no experts it is Mick Malloy, Sam Pang, and some other body)

I am watching the end 15 mins, it is funny, and not about footy - so far
Is it all just funny? And no dreaded footy???

I just watched a remake of Dirty Dancing. Terrible. Truly terrible.

I just watched a remake of Dirty Dancing. Terrible. Truly terrible.
I am impressed you made it all the way through. I saw the credits at the beginning and it just made me sad. Why remake a movie if you can't do it justice?

I tried re-watching how i met your mother. Haven't seen it for a few years. Couldn't get past the first two seasons. Nothing to do with knowing the ending. More like I don't like the characters and the humor is boring and stupid.

@reepbot coming on next might interest you

Australian Story

'Found In Translation'

ABC NEWS, 7:30pm, Sat, 30 Sep 2017, 30 minutes

REPEAT

Professor Tony Attwood has revolutionised our approach to Asperger's syndrome, credited with being a world expert in diagnosis and treatment and viewing it not as a condition to be 'fixed' but a gift to be valued.

Series, 2017, Australia, English, Documentary, Biography

i'm watching only fools and horses.

loverly jubberly.

i also saw the goodnight sweetheart revival. they did a one off special. i hope they do more.

Reactions: kxk
Wow, really interesting doco, his own kid not diagnosed!

Dr Attwood thinks in ways I did, lots of mental health issues in my family, and I had this driving passion writing poetry in my teens - how if you don't fit in, get labelled crazy, is just different ways of seeing the world.

This series, combines stories about epic modern historical movements/issues, and the music, is fantastic
https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/1039264323959
Soundtracks: Songs That Defined History

Just finished.....

'The Berlin Wall And The Fall Of Communism'

SBS, 8:30pm, Sun, 1 Oct 2017, 50 minutes

After decades living under a repressive Communist regime, the people of East Germany could no longer stay trapped behind the brick wall that separated them from their countrymen in the West - and so they tore that Wall down. Since the 1960s, West Berlin had been a cultural hotspot and a draw for artists like the Rolling Stones and David Bowie. But because rock music was considered politically dangerous to the Communist authorities, teenagers in the East had little access to it. This episode charts the course of the Cold War in Berlin through music, showing how it helped to sow the seeds of rebellion. After the Wall officially came down in 1989, a number of artists including Roger Waters of Pink Floyd put on concerts to celebrate. But it was a German band, the Scorpions, who came up with the true anthem of that moment in time, 'Wind of Change', which captured the bittersweet emotions behind such a dramatic moment in history.

ON NOW

'Out Loud And Proud'

SBS, 9:20pm, Sun, 1 Oct 2017, 50 minutes

The LGBT movement in America began one night in late June on the streets of Greenwich Village, New York, in a bar called the Stonewall Inn. When police raided the place, gay men and women who had been made to live in the shadows of shame finally decided to fight back against the police, and to demand their civil rights. Bars and dance clubs were - and still are - places of refuge for LGBT people, and the music played on jukeboxes, from Judy Garland to Gloria Gaynor, has also been a vital aspect of the LGBT experience over the past five decades. Although the 1980s and 90s brought the AIDS crisis and anti-gay legislation that threatened the LGBT community, it only strengthened the resolve of activists - and artists - to push harder. Some musicians incorporated aspects of LGBT life into their lyrics. Others have furthered the cause of equality simply by coming out of the closet. This is a struggle that is not over, but with allies in popular culture like Lady Gaga, this episode shows the power of music to raise awareness and to preach tolerance.

Survivor has left a huge viewing hole........back to docos for me

This looks interesting...
The Greeks

'The Good Strife'

SBS, 7:30pm, Sun, 15 Oct 2017, 60 minutes

NEW SHOW

The ancient Greeks emerge from the first dark ages to compose timeless epics, compete in the original Olympic Games, conjure early theories of nature, and construct the world's first democracy.
Series, United States, English, Documentary, Historical, Society & Culture

Followed by Graham Norton I guess

New tonight, about TV, hosted by a Chaser, sounds good

Screen Time

'Series 1: Episode 1'

ABC, 8:00pm, Tue, 17 Oct 2017, 30 minutes

NEW SHOW

Join Chris Taylor for a brand new show all about film, television and just about anything else you can watch on a screen. From the latest blockbusters to the hidden gems, we're here to help you work out what to watch next.

Series, Australia, English, Lifestyle, Entertainment, Infotainment

OMG
They just did a FANTASTIC reboot thing, of Sophie Monk and her Bachy quotes remade as Jane Austen, frekkin awesome
Watch this just for that bit

Screen Time

ABC, 1:25pm, Fri, 20 Oct 2017, 30 minutes

REPEAT

OMG
They just did a FANTASTIC reboot thing, of Sophie Monk and her Bachy quotes remade as Jane Austen, frekkin awesome
Watch this just for that bit

Screen Time

ABC, 1:25pm, Fri, 20 Oct 2017, 30 minutes

REPEAT

...hey kxk... thanks for the heads up on the show... I loved it!... and for a change... I liked everyone that was on the panel too... everyone of them are totally unknown to me besides Chris Taylor (who I've always liked)... what perfect casting of them all and each one of them knows their cinematic stuff too... that Sophie Monk/Jane Austin clip was pure magic!... all credit to whoever put that together... wow!... brilliant!... lol!...

...those 'worst sex scenes' clips sure lived up to their name didn't they?... lol!... and... I actually went onto that 'Tiny Kitchens' website on YouTube that the woman was talking about and how good is it?... lol!... funny as!... here is one of the videos...

...it's a great find kxk and thanks so much for bringing it to our attention because I came on too late to see it but caught up on the ABCIView site on this link below...

http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/screen-time/AC1701H001S00#playing

...this show is definitely on my 'record or watch Live' list now... again... what a great find... and thanks again kxk... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
Back