Skip to main content

The Block - Sky High

Yes there is a whole new apartment, 4 bedrooms 5 bathrooms and a couple of courtyards. I think from memory the kitchen bit of it is going to be an extension. They are being encouraged to let loose and use their own design style which is going to result in an apartment that is completely disjointed and you'd think would need redoing afterwards. I think one of them said there is about 5 different floor coverings, tiles, wood, concrete
and something else.

Not only different floor coverings but different floor heights as a consequence. It's going to be like Frankenstein's apartment :)

Thank god none of the couples installed this 'art' work...

tumblr_mqe7miRc6v1qjxia2o1_500.jpg

Ugh, it's like someone decided they needed to make artwork out of the cardboard boxes their furniture came in.

I'm a couple of eps behind as I have to wait for Ch9 to upload it, but Bec made me cry at the charity walk :(

The forest wallpaper they did in the bedroom made me laugh because we had a wall like that in my parents house - was a 70's original and we all HATED it. Look them years to afford to get rid of it though LOL. And look, suddenly it's trendy again ;)

want the twins to win.

So do I. They have won the most rooms/money, clearly they have the best design aesthetic, I would pay them to give me design advice.

They will have a low reserve so I hope that works in their favour.

Re the ground floor apartment, what where Trixie and Johnno thinking, their lounge room looked like student digs. The table the telly was on was ridiculous, it looked like a hand me down because they couldn't afford to buy a bigger one.

And yes that forest wallpaper was ugly then and ugly now. And I didn't like Maddy and Jarrod's room at all from last week. (the winning one)

Ugh, it's like someone decided they needed to make artwork out of the cardboard boxes their furniture came in.

I'm a couple of eps behind as I have to wait for Ch9 to upload it, but Bec made me cry at the charity walk :(

The forest wallpaper they did in the bedroom made me laugh because we had a wall like that in my parents house - was a 70's original and we all HATED it. Look them years to afford to get rid of it though LOL. And look, suddenly it's trendy again ;)

It's revolting, isn't it? You're right, that artwork just looks like a pile of junk. I quite like the couch, though.

I'm not so sure about that forest photo wall; is it really trendy again, or is it just a bit tacky now?

want the twins to win.

So do I. They have won the most rooms/money, clearly they have the best design aesthetic, I would pay them to give me design advice.

They will have a low reserve so I hope that works in their favour.

Re the ground floor apartment, what where Trixie and Johnno thinking, their lounge room looked like student digs. The table the telly was on was ridiculous, it looked like a hand me down because they couldn't afford to buy a bigger one.

And yes that forest wallpaper was ugly then and ugly now. And I didn't like Maddy and Jarrod's room at all from last week. (the winning one)

Yep. I think the twins deserve to win. They have clearly blitzed the show with their design aesthetic. I have a real soft spot for Matt and Kim, as well.

Trixie and Johnno's taste certainly isn't my taste. They seem to think they're arty and have want to have that shabby chic thing going. It just turns out more shabby than chic, unfortunately.

It just seems a bit odd to me that all the couples have earned money off their reserve. Last week the three weakest teams earned money in reverse order to their previous abilities, with the weakest earning the most. The twins seemed to sabotage themselves with very uncharacteristic home-made fittings, like that awful string art. Things evened up again this week, with the two strongest design teams back on their game and earning the top two spots. I'm not usually a conspiracy nut, but I do call shenanigans!

The twins for the win for me too.
Jam, I call shenanigans on that round of wins too, it seemed as though the show just wanted to make sure it was a more even playing field going into auction. They'll still allow the twins or Matt & Kim to win, but they have to appear to be giving everyone a fighting chance, even Trixie & Johnno who have probably stumbled into the wrong show on their way to the great Australian bake-off.

Me too. But this show does this all the time doesn't it? Just manufactures challenge money where it's needed.
Why not just give them the shit load of money to do things well?

Seems they now have a hideous penthouse apartment they may have to sell at a loss - gee that was a big mistake wasn't it, the floor allocations are upside down from what should be.

And as those dopey judges flit about, don't you just cringe at 9's real estate add - I just keep thinking there is something really wrong with a TV station selling houses (and just one reason I prefer HR).
I feel they are inflating the already stupid property market.

And I didn't like Maddy and Jarrod's room at all from last week. (the winning one)

I didn't mind the design but I HATED the colour. They've used it before and I hated it then too... it's almost like the main colour in the rooms of the dodgy hotel before they were renovated.

please oh please oh please let it be the twins thats win, its going to be a long day waiting, glad I have a lot to do, maybe it will go fast.

According to TV Tonight, a winner has been named on twitter, and I don't dare look at the Block thread over on Whirlpool.

I like Trixie and Johnno, they are my favs, her laugh however makes my left eye twitch. Like you though, my least favourite are Matt and Kiml (but I must say, how beautiful is Kim?! I think her face is perfect and her body is smokin'! My least favourites are closely followed by the two coppers, they are simply awful and it kills me to say their artistic tastes are brilliant, because I find them so horrid.

I felt the prank was mean, and although general consensus in here is that I am the meanest person in all of Meansville, I hate it when people join together to mock or attack a person in a toxic spirit. I have no problem with one on one confrontation and calling it how you see it, but I don't like it when people secretly join up together to plot against a person and that is how that prank looked to me.

Totally agree with your sentiments TraLa, and I'm guessing by going back and reading through the posts, I'm the only one that does..lol:confused:

I'm an avid fan of the Block and it took me at least until halfway through the series to fully appreciate this season. I often ventured onto the FB site and it was over run by Twin fans, some not very pleasant. I have warmed slightly to the Twins and had a big turn-a-round with Matt & Kim. I don't have a clear favourite couple though, they all have their flaws and their strengths.

I quite like Bec's and George's apartment but guess one can't beat those level 5 views and although I'm not always enthralled by Trixies styling choices it is easily remedied.;)

Back