Skip to main content

The Block - Sky High

Shell

Starts on Sunday, can't wait!!!

Does anybody have any clue what they mean on the ad when they say "30 bathroom reveals" ????

Starts on Sunday, can't wait!!!

Does anybody have any clue what they mean on the ad when they say "30 bathroom reveals" ????

The press release says:

Contestants will be required to “demo and reno” more than 80 rooms including a record-breaking 30 bathroom reveals. Each floor of the hotel will be transformed into 220-square-metre luxury apartments complete with three bedrooms and a sumptuous roof terrace with 360-degree views of Melbourne.

Source:
http://www.realityravings.com/2013/05/06/the-block-and-house-rules-going-head-to-head/

Can't wait for this one.

The other house show they have been advertising (one house reno a week) does not appeal to me I don't think. Too many sob stories already. However I will give it a go.

Daltrim, I know all that, but if each floor is one big apartment and there's 5 apartments..... how the hell are there 30 bathrooms?

I'm just loving their looks of 'what the..?" on the ads right now where he tells them they're on "The Block" and they all go 'yay!' and then he says 'no, you're standing on "The Block" and they realise with horror that he means the building itself is the block this year...

also looks like the all the bitchiness is coming from the women again this year... the poor guys probably once more just want to get along and get the damm place built/renovated...

I was going to ask the same.

also looks like the all the bitchiness is coming from the women again this year... the poor guys probably once more just want to get along and get the damm place built/renovated...

Last edited:
Daltrim, I know all that, but if each floor is one big apartment and there's 5 apartments..... how the hell are there 30 bathrooms?

Maybe because the building being renovated was originally a hotel and there are presently 30 original existing bathrooms, (6 per floor).

Edited: I have just arrived home and haven't watched our taped episode, so I'm not sure if the above was mentioned tonight ^

But it doesn't make sense, they must have worded it wrongly surely? Are they going to keep 6 bathrooms as ensuits?

I like this version way better, just a shame about 9s meatheads, I hate the host guy's smug face.

Liking those cop girls so far.

Gee there is a lot of RTV stuff to be squeezed into programing - the other house show; MC; bakeoff; all the talent crap; BB; dancing; and more.

But it doesn't make sense, they must have worded it wrongly surely? Are they going to keep 6 bathrooms as ensuits?

I like this version way better, just a shame about 9s meatheads, I hate the host guy's smug face.

Liking those cop girls so far.

Gee there is a lot of RTV stuff to be squeezed into programing - the other house show; MC; bakeoff; all the talent crap; BB; dancing; and more.

...I've said it in other threads before... the one reality TV show I would like to see is one hour episodes of 'Red Faces'... nobody with any talent whatsoever is allowed on it... just ning nongs getting up there and having a go with whatever weird talent that they may think they have... Red Symons as the resident judge with 3 other celebrity guests... with I dunno... Mike Goldman doing the corny voice-overs just to add to the insanity of the whole thing... it would be a hoot!... cheers.

Isn't that Australia's got talent?
Everything I have seen of that during add surfing fits the no talent criteria. And Red faces sucked. It was sort of funny once or twice - after that the novelty wore off.
The only good thing about red faces - the bob sled team, oh and some overseas guests, actually now I recall that was the fun part - it was really all about how goofy the judges were, some being quite stoned or pissed.

Isn't that Australia's got talent?
Everything I have seen of that during add surfing fits the no talent criteria. And Red faces sucked. It was sort of funny once or twice - after that the novelty wore off.
The only good thing about red faces - the bob sled team, oh and some overseas guests, actually now I recall that was the fun part - it was really all about how goofy the judges were, some being quite stoned or pissed.

...lolol!... that's so funny... (I've never thought of it like that)... I have never watched that show but isn't it that when they go onto that show the contestants are taking the whole thing seriously?... the idea of Red Faces was the opposite... the contestants mostly went on because most of them were dared to by their mates... it was a giant piss take... on the subject of the bob sled team... a golden moment in television for me lol!... it was pure magic... and yeah you're right... the reactions of the overseas guests and the looks on their faces during the acts were bloody funny... especially when they were probably stoned or pissed lol!...

...back on topic... it seems to me that The Block is going to be hard pressed next year to make it even bigger and better than this years task of fixing up a six storey building with 30,000 bathrooms... how are they going to better the ratings?... do a skyscraper next time?... refurbish an entire town?... I cannot imagine how that is going to pan out... I suppose that I'll just have to be patient and wait I guess lol!... cheers.

Didn't Scotty say each one would be three bedrooms with five bathrooms... but when they showed the layout graphic I could only see four bathrooms... so that would make 20 in total, which would make sense - each bedroom having an ensuite plus one communal one. But 30?

If I got the bottom floor I'd prop the lift door open.

Hahahahahaha

I'm also liking the police women and in their back story they were walking along the beach by my house lol. Not a fan of the Greek/Italian couple, histrionics already and she wonders how the sisters will go without a man. Really?:rolleyes:

Didn't Scotty say each one would be three bedrooms with five bathrooms... but when they showed the layout graphic I could only see four bathrooms... so that would make 20 in total, which would make sense - each bedroom having an ensuite plus one communal one. But 30?

3 bedrooms with 5 bathrooms.... what a massive overkill! Love to spend my life cleaning them every week! lol

Give me more spacious rooms rather than 11ty bathrooms!

Yeah I don't get it.

I'm watching now, hmm, I'm already bored. And that grating friggin host. Shit I hate the Block, but I like these copper sisters and the imprisonment in a big lump of cement, and there isn't much else on.
Bring on House Rules, the twins are confusing me, weird it's like watching echos.

This is how my friend thinks the bathroom thing works:

There's 3 bedrooms, and 3 bathrooms, but one of them is to the master and showed 2 bathroom symbols, which they counted as 2 separate, and then they showed a bathroom symbol in the laundry as well. So technically 3 bathrooms and a laundry with shower facilities I'd say....

I can't stand the whiney Mum in the penthouse, and I just wish they would turn the host off, his voice is so annoying.

Back