Skip to main content

The Block - Sky High

Totally agree with your sentiments TraLa, and I'm guessing by going back and reading through the posts, I'm the only one that does..lol:confused:

I find being a proud member of a minority mindset when it comes to this forum is always a good thing.

Trixie and Johno or Bec and George FTW.

As a side note, I do have a soft spot for Johno and Trixie. Johno really does remind me of my own partner in crime. He is just a genuine, kind, laid back, unflappable guy, who is the perfect balance for an OCD, perfection seeking, control freak like me.

Yep totally agree TraLa about Johnno, the strong kind silent type...wish I had one of those..mine is strong and can be very kind but never silent, more's the pity. :p

I don't think anyone could accuse you of being a sheep, and will admit you cracked me up considerably on BBB12 forum. Hope you keep the same form this season :cool: ...again I might be alone in this line of thinking...:confused:

I don't think anyone could accuse you of being a sheep, and will admit you cracked me up considerably on BBB12 forum. Hope you keep the same form this season :cool: ...again I might be alone in this line of thinking...:confused:

A Moonbeam showering me with kindness, it is like a forum version of Bizarro world...

Thanks for that! And I am sure you are alone in that line of thinking! Ha!

I was put in the naughty corner in my first week of posting last year, I am trying to stretch it out to the second week of BB returning this year!

I obviously get that "report" function tap tap tapping. The funny thing, I have never ever reported a post in all of my forum life. The last thing I would want in a forum is a cookie cutter mentality filled with Stepford Wife back slappers all in agreement. I find you learn the most from an opinion which differs from your own, sometimes you learn something profound and other times you learn yet another fuckwit with a fucked up opinion walks amongst us, but either way you learn, and I like that.

I'm a bit sad about that result. Australia is going down the shitter when nasty spiteful people can go on tv and win 200k.

Is it a personality contest? I thought it was about the team that produced the best apartment and got the best price over their reserve? Oh wait, it is.

Unless you're referring to Ben from BB last year?

I'm a bit sad about that result. Australia is going down the shitter when nasty spiteful people can go on tv and win 200k.

Are you talking about the whole cast, Cowie? they all won over 200k. I loved the twins and Matt and Kim. I think Bec and George are a great couple who are just so sweet together and Jarrod is a nice guy. Much as [MENTION=30612]TraLa[/MENTION] will hate it, I too think Johnno is fantastic, and very much like my own mister; it's just his wife that I find irritating. Much like everyone that knows us in real life, really.

I'm just glad they all got a decent amount of money.... it's cringeworthy when one team is struggling to get bidders or much over the reserve. They should all be happy with that - it's life changing money.

I liked the twins. They were straight to the point sometimes and a little stubborn but I don't think they were BAD people. They were also funny and warm and genuine. Was happy for any team to win really as i didn't dislike anyone.... just Matt's twitchy nose.

Are you serious? I loved the twins because they didn't come out with any bullshit sob stories and where honest and open in their desire to have new careers and to win. If I was on The Block I would when possible do what was best for my couple, I also would not disclose my reserve.

What was it that the twins did that you didn't like?

The petty shit fight over the fluffy rollers. Putting Maddy and Jarrod out in the park in a tent for the night, calling it funny but putting Maddy and Jarrod at a big disadvantage sleep wise. They held grudges and there is nothing worse than a copper with a grudge. And the flirting with Keith was cringe.

I'm glad they all went home happy. I didn't think anyone was horrid on The Block, really. I agree that the twins called it as they saw it, which I think is admirable; saying what you think and moving on is something we could all do more often. Matt and Kim I just really liked. They're upfront, too, and articulate and funny.

In the end, it's just a reality show. We get shown bits and pieces to support a story arc. None of us really know what the contestants are like. They get prompted with questions, directed and probably directly told to do and say some things. It's a bit of fun that we shouldn't take too seriously.

Last edited:
Shit goes down when you don't get given a fluffy roller. You whinge and whinge for days.
I think they all whinged, each week seemed to feature a whinger of the week. Remember there was one week where Maddy whinged non stop or so the editing would have us believe. I liked that the twins were blunt and no nonsense.

For me the minute I hear a sob story I want that team to come last.
They were breathing.
Not sure what this is about.

Is it a personality contest? I thought it was about the team that produced the best apartment and got the best price over their reserve? Oh wait, it is.

Unless you're referring to Ben from BB last year?

I don't think there was any renos on BB. BB is a popularity contest, and obviously Ben was the most popular.

Then come on the BBB forums and spray hate, with 200k less in their pockets of course...

Ha!

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Are you talking about the whole cast, Cowie? they all won over 200k. I loved the twins and Matt and Kim. I think Bec and George are a great couple who are just so sweet together and Jarrod is a nice guy. Much as @TraLa will hate it, I too think Johnno is fantastic, and very much like my own mister; it's just his wife that I find irritating. Much like everyone that knows us in real life, really.

Why would I hate it?

I loved them all, really. I thought they were a great bunch of contestants and I am so happy they all came out winners in the end, granted some more cashed up than others.

Just like us, they have good days and bad days. Days when their moods and actions were to be celebrated and days when their moods and actions made you want to throw rocks at them.

Great series and I can't wait till next year to do it all again.

Last edited:
Back