Skip to main content

The Block-Art deco building

Challenge episode (spoilert)

Good challenge, although it almost seemz stayz iz the only sponsor this seazon.

Showed exactly who has style - thats why W+K won it.
How "thrilled" were Kim & Chris to come third to Julia and Sasha second - their sour faces - lolz!
And it showed that Dan and Carleen have no taste whatsoever, their room looked like
a looney asylum, the painting was horrific and the styling - again - all over the place.
(That double slow-mo of Dan in the spa will haunt viewers even more than that "boathouse")

Kim & Chris have come out of this wall-down showdown portrayed very negative
as too vindictive.

I just watched the last 10 mins of this episode.

Far out, the producers seemed to pick all the nasty couples.

They are all dobbing on each other etc. I don't think any of them are nice people.

Julia had a meltdown (or per their description: flu) and "went to rest a few days with her mother"
leaving sasha to complete 2 rooms (living and dining) alone.
she said she couldnt cope with the block. still, its really not nice towards sasha..

Then Dan is caught cheating working tools for 5 hours after 18:00 pm.
He continues to act like its nothing and they are wrong.
Dan and Carleen - ughh. over them completely.
By the end everyone will be hoping their apartment doesnt sell.

I like them all apart from Dan & Carleen. Chris & Kim are being a but petty over the wall, but I liked them before that.

Poor Sasha! Julia is certainly high maintenance. I really don't think she should have been allowed on the block. Clearly, she's a very vulnerable woman who needs constant positive reinforcement. How exhausting to have to live with her!

living/dining room reveals (spoilerts):

Again, the judges are voting strategically as if this was survivor. giving two
teams a tie vote, knowing full well D+C hold a +1 and will play it.
Overall the standard was low compared with some amazing spaces in previous
blocks. 3 teams' spaces looked like they grabbed stuff from a showroom and
plonked it last minute - including D+C with what had to come 4 or 3 at most.
for such huge apartments, the living areas seemed to be too small for luxury.

The boys, Kim+Chris and W+K grabbed what they could find and tried to make
it look decent.
But what gave away the judges tactics was how they seemed to overlook the same
things they pointed out as errors in other rooms, when it came to D+C to justify
their tied scores with the girls:

9bXZ5cW.jpg

too small unreachable coffee table, ugly cushions yet again, no underfloor heating,
one armchair facing the side of sofa - how could they miss that? how could this room,
even be close to win? this is not "now" in italy, or anywhere.

Julia tore Sasha apart, yet everything she picked -alone- yet again received much
better comments, the same happened with the tiles in bathroom. Maybe Sasha
it "outstyling" Julia and thats the real issue between them.
Yet their rooms felt empty, no rugs, very cold.

Kim and Chris with the country style decor - what were they thinking??
ugly brick column and fireplace - judges were right, terrible. and to think
they came 4th.. and W+K 5th?
The promo shows huge "wows" for master bedrooms, lets hope so because
the living-dining were a complete flop.

Last edited:
OK - "bubbles" and bedrooms (spoilert)
well it was to be expected, as this building housed a soap factory.

the buyers prize going to Sashulia - 20k! and a day later they complain about loosing
two room reveals by half a point...
the buyers really didnt like some of Dan and Car-leeen's style choices, obviously.
Lets hope for them they have a "redo a room" challenge.
no wait, thats house rules. sorry.

the "kim has a shocking day" / "julia has a wonderful day" - great editing..
If anyone forgot, Scotty throws us another "wallgate drama" recap, for the 90th time.

kim doesnt like cooking. and so - psychs herself out of any chance of winning the
challenge. because she hates cooking. what is she worst at? no, wrong answer, not
styling - its actually cooking. she made chocolate mash potatoes! chris tell us.
and so we are told, over and over, she hates cooking. no really, she cant cook to
save her - shuddup we get it!
She ordered cabinets (50k's worth?!) that block some windows. Did you think of
asking Keith before you ordered? could have saved you all the trouble.

the boys shmooze soap lady - "lets go ice skating?" "- no!" into winning the challenge
with.. chocolate infused soap. jees kim, where's that choclate mash when you need it huh?

Last edited:
we all know they let teams that "run out of cash" just take it off the reserve..
so no wonder the teams are looking only slightly worried about it..
the first time that happened in past seasons, it was complete freak out..
this season its like: "yeah, we know we overspent, ok, thats that.."

they should shake things up. run out of money - take a "loan" with high
weekly interest from "scotty bank". pay it back from profits.

Spoilerts

In true Block fashion, the feel good factor has to kick in so every couple
needs a room win.
This week it was almost "reserved" for kim & chris. Im guessing whatever they would
have thrown there, the judges were instructed to give them the win, with the only
advantage being "how massive" the master bedroom was, at 40 sqm. including a
couch and tv, because who doesnt watch tv on a couch in a hallway in their bedroom?
oh and a massive feature "rarely seen on the block" - better sit down for this -
wardrobes with doors!

The boys - came last with "the only rotating shoe rack", but poor styling.
The girls - came "half a point second" but again, deserved the win.
Dan and Carleeeen - managed to fight with a new couple over splattered paint,
and again showed poor styling with only the pendants a "wow", those came in the vault,
came in fourth but actually deserved 5th if there was NO full height hanging space
for dresses or long coats.. (with all their experience renovating houses.. ya?)
W+K - a massive fire hazard of a timber feature wall getting the wows, came in third.

That room was not a winner,a lot of people do not like to watch TV in their bedrooms.Much preferred the girls room.
Kim and Chris what a nasty pair they are,so vindictive and I don't believe for one second they would have shared the wall if they had got their first

Ok todays episode show them doing "the biggest week so far" - powder room, laundry
and hallway. Again the intolerable Dan and Carleeeen manage to pick another fight with
W+K. This time Dan adds the 'chauvinist badge' to his boyscouts uniform, when he says
Will should have come up to talk to him, not "sending his wife as a messenger". Yes because
this neanDanthal needs to throw more of his insults 'man to man', not 'man to a woman'.. gees.

Because this is such a high pressure "biggest week on the block" - they have time for:
a. ping pong and BBQ. b. driving off to tasmania.
It seems the production is desperate for a "oh, too bad you didnt finish"-drama week,
and so off they are sent on a ferry reminiscing about the block at half-point
(que another rerun, no #23375, of the "wall-drama") and driving around tasmania,
as people always do while renovating apartments.

Next episode:
Bad karma bites Kim & Chris - their builder has had enough and leaves (no #2 to do so).

Last edited:
Just caught the episode from a few nights ago where Dan & Will fell out. Dan is so arrogant, I hate that attitude. Not liking Kim & Chris much either. Love the boys and the girls teams.

Reactions: Jam
Just caught the episode from a few nights ago where Dan & Will fell out. Dan is so arrogant, I hate that attitude. Not liking Kim & Chris much either. Love the boys and the girls teams.
Me too he is one of those typical men that want it their way and he is one of those men that think younger people must respect them regardless.Kim dont even get me started on her..what a sour lemon she is

They're not very likeable people this season. Karlie seems to be the most mature person there and she's one of the youngest. I think I like their apartment the best so far, followed by Sasha and the Drama Queen.

I've been watching but not commenting because a lot of it is background noise for me..

Dan (older dan) is an arrogant rude chauvinistic asshat... *bridging up* to people when you are old as he is ... is something he should have grown out of years ago. I'm sorry if their marriage has broken up but I can understand why. He has shown no consideration to his wife and maybe it has made her realise. Carleen seems like she could do with a nice holiday away from her family.

Kim & Chris. Hard workers. Got to love that. But baby cheeses... let go a bit... your whole grudge is irrelevant now (and basically childish) and you seem to just be focused on where everyone else is getting advantages and you aren't? Kim seems like she is on Ritalin most of the time and Chris is scared she wont give him his dose.

The Boys. Annoying fuckwits who got a lot of screentime because of being annoying fuckwits (NOTE TO PEOPLE APPLYING: If you don't have a hook.... find one the producers like and finally you will get on.... the schoolteachers who knew nothing thing only lasted so long but the fuckwits who do pranks...????? ENDLESS HOURS OF CRAP FILLER TV) And of course they spend all their money but "make it up" by doing foolish antics with M&M (moron & moron) like playing footy, playing golf, playing ping pong....
WAY TO GO WITH STEREOTYPING BOGANS.......... THE BLOCK!!!!!! and the fuckwits keep getting advantages handed to them.
Pre selected winners anyone?
That said. Their apartment looks great. Yes. A bit Masc. but lets face it they have a real estate team who goes in and FLUFFS it for them anyway.... They could win

Julia & Sasha. They used style queens as a hook because they couldn't use LESBIANS.
How stupid. It put a target on them straight away.
A property stylist was always going to be slammed by the pretentious judges.
If they had been labelled the lesbian couple anyone who saw something other than a log cabin lined with flannel would have been floored. (sorry for that lame attempt at humor lesbian friends... I'm scared and lonely and don't want to be killed)
I like these two but hate hate hate Julias indecision. I'm surprised Sasha hasn't slammed her with a 4x4 by now.

Will and Carly. Just nice. Great style. Brilliant bedheads. That bedhead diamond thing really worked for them.... over and over.
Clever clever styling. If the gods are good they will win.

But probably the fuckwits will win. Or Kim & Chris.

Not going to get invested apart from this rant. I may jot a disappointed note at the end. Who knows?

I'm still watching, but a few episodes behind. Just had the canape and photoshoot episode, so much time wasting and filler. They are obviously going to twist it whatever way they can so that everyone gets enough money to finish, but so far their attempts have backfired and left Will & Karlie and Chris & Kim with all the money. It's become such a soap opera. I'm hoping Andy & Ben and Sasha & Julie bounce back somehow, they are the only ones keeping it interesting.

I'm still watching. And still hating Kim and Chris. So eeerrgghh!

Fave apartment is Dan and Karlie or Sasha and Julia. Can't stand the vile, tasteless Newcastrians or the rather affectionate baby boomers. The lads are ok, and the young'uns are stylish and great; but it's the couple sharing the love that dare not speak it's name that has my vote.

I've been watching but not commenting because a lot of it is background noise for me..

Dan (older dan) is an arrogant rude chauvinistic asshat... *bridging up* to people when you are old as he is ... is something he should have grown out of years ago. I'm sorry if their marriage has broken up but I can understand why. He has shown no consideration to his wife and maybe it has made her realise. Carleen seems like she could do with a nice holiday away from her family.

Kim & Chris. Hard workers. Got to love that. But baby cheeses... let go a bit... your whole grudge is irrelevant now (and basically childish) and you seem to just be focused on where everyone else is getting advantages and you aren't? Kim seems like she is on Ritalin most of the time and Chris is scared she wont give him his dose.

The Boys. Annoying fuckwits who got a lot of screentime because of being annoying fuckwits (NOTE TO PEOPLE APPLYING: If you don't have a hook.... find one the producers like and finally you will get on.... the schoolteachers who knew nothing thing only lasted so long but the fuckwits who do pranks...????? ENDLESS HOURS OF CRAP FILLER TV) And of course they spend all their money but "make it up" by doing foolish antics with M&M (moron & moron) like playing footy, playing golf, playing ping pong....
WAY TO GO WITH STEREOTYPING BOGANS.......... THE BLOCK!!!!!! and the fuckwits keep getting advantages handed to them.
Pre selected winners anyone?
That said. Their apartment looks great. Yes. A bit Masc. but lets face it they have a real estate team who goes in and FLUFFS it for them anyway.... They could win

Julia & Sasha. They used style queens as a hook because they couldn't use LESBIANS.
How stupid. It put a target on them straight away.
A property stylist was always going to be slammed by the pretentious judges.
If they had been labelled the lesbian couple anyone who saw something other than a log cabin lined with flannel would have been floored. (sorry for that lame attempt at humor lesbian friends... I'm scared and lonely and don't want to be killed)
I like these two but hate hate hate Julias indecision. I'm surprised Sasha hasn't slammed her with a 4x4 by now.

Will and Carly. Just nice. Great style. Brilliant bedheads. That bedhead diamond thing really worked for them.... over and over.
Clever clever styling. If the gods are good they will win.

But probably the fuckwits will win. Or Kim & Chris.

Not going to get invested apart from this rant. I may jot a disappointed note at the end. Who knows?

Carleen is just as nasty as Dan,probably were separated before this show.Kim and Chris what a nasty pair they are,she looks like she is stuck in the 80's...did you notice how they both got visits from the kids..probably aimed at tugging the viewers heart strings.

I like Julia and Sasha..some people are just more indecisive than others.And the boys...seems like they are trying to outdo the block NZ and their lovable larrikans..I think that's what they called them

Liked Will and Carley's terrace..talk about arrogance thinking you would win because you have a garden!!
Sasha and Julie..loved their terrace
Dan and Carleen---yuck!!!
Boys (what are their names again?) well that was just bad
Kim and Chris-horrible and the loggia-stupid and I still think that main bedroom is a massive waste of space and really ugly!!

Back