Skip to main content

The Block-Art deco building

I want to see this building just for the art deco aspect, but I just can't watch AU because of the insufferable hosts. Maybe I'll watch the launch, with the mute button at the ready.

I want to see this building just for the art deco aspect, but I just can't watch AU because of the insufferable hosts. Maybe I'll watch the launch, with the mute button at the ready.
cant you watch and then just mute everytime they are on?

"Muting the hosts" would be a great option, would improve most reality shows inmensely.

Even when we had an afternoon replay happening on the TV at my old job, my workmate suddenly complained "Can you change the channel? I can't stand his voice!" :D

Looking forward to the new season starting. I think it was a good idea not running back to back from the last one. Give us time to look forward to it.

I actually don't mind the hosts - I liked this show when most others were saying how crap it wa lol. I might just be strange.

Hope they have some good contestants this year with some talent.

Yah... beautiful art deco...

and watch them all completely stuff it up with their "modern" living reno's...

Yah... beautiful art deco...

and watch them all completely stuff it up with their "modern" living reno's...
I would hope they would give them a brief for their renos that included they be done "sympathetically, with respect to the building's style" - but NOT go crazy. Restraint would be the key, don't make it a time capsule theme house.

But I'm sure they won't go that route. Maybe some of the contestants will include a nod to art deco though. Hopefully.

Starting a new thread for this season,starts August 22

Nine have now changed the start date to August 21st because channel Ten announced that Australian Survivor will premiere on that date. It seems that Nine are nervous about how the block will rate against survivor, so they didn't want to give it a head start.

Although I'm not particularly interested in the Block, I'll have a look for the art deco value as I'm quite a fan. There is so much of it everywhere... Miami South Beach (in very gaudy colours, I might add)....the old picture theatres built in the 30's when 'talkies' were big... The gargoyled Chrysler, Empire State, Hoover buildings, even the Battersea Power Station (which is being redeveloped)... OK just a few pics
upload_2016-8-14_11-44-25.jpeg and the Corinthia and Berkeley Hotels in London...
corinthia_hotel.jpg

Berkeley+Opus+Suite+bedroom.jpg

the-berkeley-hotel-london-p.jpg

Berkley+Opus+Suite+fireplace.jpg

Yeah, it's VERY purple looking in that pic. Imagine the head spins in that room after a few too many cocktails.... It's actually called the Blue Bar, and it was (not sure if still is) a rather nice (sort of) palish blue. The perfect compliment to a nice (bottle of) Bombay Sapphire G&T lol!

Yeah, it's VERY purple looking in that pic. Imagine the head spins in that room after a few too many cocktails.... It's actually called the Blue Bar, and it was (not sure if still is) a rather nice (sort of) palish blue. The perfect compliment to a nice (bottle of) Bombay Sapphire G&T lol!
Ooh, I love Bombay Sapphire and the bottle.

The Art Deco Block....
"It's getting almost impossible to find buildings like this," said Mr Cress about the show's latest project, a heritage-listed building in [164] Ingles Street, Port Melbourne. "The show is midway through gutting the art deco former factory office it purchased from property heavyweight Harry Stamoulis for a speculated $5 million last February."

1455685072530.jpg

1455685072530.jpg

http://www.smh.com.au/business/prop...tructs-art-deco-building-20160513-goulat.html
http://www.smh.com.au/business/prop...s-property-magnate-sells-20160215-gmv0u7.html

Back