Skip to main content

The Block-Art deco building

Gawd, D+C always look sideways "what everybody else is doing".
The challenge to restore and repurpose was no different.
the camera constantly catches them checking what the boys and others are doing.

Super K's as judges were so-so, again D+C didnt deserve that win at all.
That bar cart was boring and ug-ly!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jam
Has anyone else noticed how Scotty always emphasises the personal pronoun when talking about himself? It's like he almost shouts it. "I decided Chris and Kim needed a break." "I thought it was time for a new challenge." "The girls asked ME to give them some help."

Another week another tear filled room judging! The judges are a bit Negative Nelly but we're probably shown all the bad comments and only a few of the good ones just to add DRAMA. My thoughts and rankings for this week.

1. Ben & Andy - They put a toilet in a bathroom! Praise the Lord! Really smart move on the ensuite IMO. I've always wondered why they seem to want to put a big walk in robe in every bedroom this season instead of an ensuite. I'd rather an ensuite over a WIR any day. Their window thing to let in the light was a really interesting touch too. Their bedroom styling could have done with a little pop of colour though.

2. Will & Karlie - Loved the bedhead and the exposed brick. Their colour scheme was good but too many cushions. Also not sure I'm 100% on the nib wall/walk through robe - it may have taken away too much space from the room. Their bedroom proper was my favourite but the fact the boys put in the ensuite gave them the edge.

3. Chris & Kim - Really big fan of their artwork even if the SJWs would probably come at it for cultural appropriation. Their colour scheme was great and the dark wood went well with the room by giving it that touch of old world without being too much. As for personality I thought the room had enough? Though what personality is exactly I have know idea.

4. Julia & Sasha - Boy were the girls shitty about tonight's comments! I thought their room was fine but I have noticed with the girls that all their rooms tend to the feminine side of things. I feel like they're missing that touch of the masculine to their rooms which might bight them in the arse come auction day.

5. Dan & Carleen - Their room was pretty much on par with the girls but a few things turned me off it. I liked the bedhead colour but I felt it was little low. Also wasn't a fan of the chair and desk as they were a bit too old world for me. Overall though I did think it was decent effort and certainly an improvement on their last bedroom.

Has anyone else noticed how Scotty always emphasises the personal pronoun when talking about himself? It's like he almost shouts it. "I decided Chris and Kim needed a break." "I thought it was time for a new challenge." "The girls asked ME to give them some help."

Yes, and a few weeks ago he decided to give them some extra money because he was such a great bloke. From certain hosts you could take it as humour, but he really does seem to have an enormous sense of his own importance, with little actual humour.

Ok my take on "second guest bedroom" reveals
(wouldnt it be less pretentious to have at least one "kids room"?)

1. Sashulia - Yes the judges love picking on other interior designers that come on the show.
We already know this. Julia has now cried enough to replenish dams from drought in Africa.
But no series of The Block is complete without at least one couple threatening to walk away..
We already know they will return, of course, as always. Rose gold four poster bed - !?
you have got to be kidding. Hugh hefner bunnies are your potential clients?

2. Ben+Andy - Were groomed to be the winners. Some good decisions - map as wallpaper
(but done before twice on blocks), adding en-suite (as consuela said - why do they need
massive walk-in wardrobes in every room? en-suite would be the logical choice).
Did they deserve a perfect 30? no. Triangle glass thing was again, so 80's motel. blaah.

2. Will+Karlie - They have good taste (not so hard to do black and gold, actually),
but seriously who wants to sleep in the middle of the room, and any "motional activity"
in that bed - and that mirror on the other side of the dividing wall might c.r.a.c.k. not so wise.

3. Chris & Kim - So zero-deco blandville is their style? good on you Kim for finally finding
"your style", even if it is a carbon copy from some 4-star hotel room, including all accesories.
She still has no clue on deco. or finding "their" style. zip. none.

5. Dan & Carleen - Not a fan of anything they do. Not coherant at all. again mishmash
of styles and eras. "The bedhead can do queen or king" - thanks for making me lol tonight..
carleen just cant take criticism. maybe they should give her a glass of champagne before judging.

Last edited:
COÑOS.

How could they not have given Chris & Kim half the wall. I wouldn't talk to them again either!

It's just a wall. I would have given them half, but Chris & Kim certainly took it hard. Now Julia is going to cry even more, thanks guys.

omg. na aah!
this is a competition and each team are looking to find any advantage they can get to
make their apartment sell for more.
so chris and kim see the girls have got the wall reduced, so suddenly they should split
it with them?
And chris guilting them by pointing how he has helped the girls.. you dont help thinking
you will use it as "you owe us" later on.. seriously.

Also - If there needs to be a supporting wall, why out of bricks? why not put a steel
beam with thicker walls on the sides? makes no sense. other than to cause drama.

Nine extra exclusives:

Watch viewers reactions as they watch Scotty's reaction as he watches the boys reaction
as they watch their own reaction when they won the week and heard the judges reaction.

Yes, and a few weeks ago he decided to give them some extra money because he was such a great bloke. From certain hosts you could take it as humour, but he really does seem to have an enormous sense of his own importance, with little actual humour.
Is probably in the script or whatever, since the show likes to make it look like he has the final say on everything/controls everything. The phrase "talk to Scotty" is heard every year, but you really know it means "talk to the producers/architect to see if it's allowed" - and then they stage a scene where Scotty gives the green light.

Nine extra exclusives:

Watch viewers reactions as they watch Scotty's reaction as he watches the boys reaction
as they watch their own reaction when they won the week and heard the judges reaction.
Someone should put them on YouTube for the geographically challenged, like me. >.>

I've watched all the room reveals but just don't care. I tried. I'm done. I'll stick to Block NZ. :cat:

Back