Skip to main content

Tahan why so popular?

I beg your pardon, I'm 58 and have a daughter Tahan's age. Your perception is based on your mindset. If you want conniving, manipulative and mean, I'd say Mikkayla fits the bill perfectly. She criticises others but as Tahan says she can't take the criticism back at her. I love watching people and their social interactions and finding out about them. However, I will give everyone the benefit of doubt considering their environment was and still is unnatural. Being holed up with random people can bring out the worst in you.

I beg your pardon, I'm 58 and have a daughter Tahan's age. Your perception is based on your mindset. If you want conniving, manipulative and mean, I'd say Mikkayla fits the bill perfectly. She criticises others but as Tahan says she can't take the criticism back at her. I love watching people and their social interactions and finding out about them. However, I will give everyone the benefit of doubt considering their environment was and still is unnatural. Being holed up with random people can bring out the worst in you.

I agree. For all that she's said, Tahan is happy to cop just as much back (as witnessed in her frenemy-ship with Mikkayla). I think part of is also that if you don't like someone (for whatever reason), their negative traits eg eating, hair become magnified (and vice versa too of course). Tahan doesn't strike me as someone who would be callous towards/about people she didn't already dislike for other reasons.

Personally I would be in jail if I was in the house, because I would have hit most of the females with a chair to shut them up.I have a daughter like Tahan, just high maintenance and doesnt take nonesence from anyone, sais her piece and very seldom apologises for anything, cause most times she is right.most times.

lol cute. Considering I'm pretty sure the median age for devout Tahan fans is 15, I'll be sure to take this insult really seriously. :rolleyes:

Your so misguided.

Grown up women - love Tahan, because she is fierce, and boy is she going to be a force to be reckoned with by about 30.

She plays to win, and plays like an athlete. A lot to be admired in this girl.

And Tahan popularity has grown in proportion to Jade's downfall - females are horrified watching Jade sink, and sink, and fade.
Jade is the old fashioned RTV female contestant we have had a gutful of them, lost girls.
Little girls like Jade.
Women like Tahan:) She is the Jade antidote.

lol cute. Considering I'm pretty sure the median age for devout Tahan fans is 15, I'll be sure to take this insult really seriously. :rolleyes:

Yeah she apologised for the Mikkayla gag... only to laugh at it again when she saw it last night. Hmmmm.

She said it while talking to Drew in the bedroom the other night, after Tim and Boogs had a fight. Like, it literally happened a couple of nights ago, if you can't remember you mustn't have been paying much attention. "You tell people private and sensitive things because you trust them not to use it against you; in an argument I will use those things against you and hit you below the belt." So next time you want to be snarky you might want to get your facts straight lol.

No, she said she stopped doing that IN THE HOUSE because essentially other HMs were too sensitive. She did not once acknowledge that was a bad trait of hers in general that she will try to curb in her daily life, if she had I would have been happy at her growth. But she was sure to only say "I've learned to stop doing that in this house".

I am a 34 year old women and I love Tahan! I prefer strong, independent women who don't need a man to shape there life. I like women who speak there mind and apologise for there mistakes and accept others apologies. At my age I cannot relate to Jade at all, even though I'm sure she is nice, she is years behind Tahan in accepting herself faults and all. So I guess that's why I love Tahan.

I am a 34 year old women and I love Tahan! I prefer strong, independent women who don't need a man to shape there life. I like women who speak there mind and apologise for there mistakes and accept others apologies. At my age I cannot relate to Jade at all, even though I'm sure she is nice, she is years behind Tahan in accepting herself faults and all. So I guess that's why I love Tahan.

How can you say that she has a man, Who knows how she would have acted had she been single.

Just because someone isn't openly rude, nasty & hostile to your face doesn't mean they're "sucking up". And being rude/nasty/hostile doesn't make you "real" either. Being real is about being pragmatic & honest about your own and others' faults, but not bringing them to public attention or ridiculing them because you wouldn't want to be treated that way yourself.

CALLOUS = (in front of others) "Oh god, they're so ugly, and fake, and eat like a pig! Hahahahaha!"

REAL = thinking to yourself "yeah I find that person unattractive/don't like the way they eat/don't like their hair/whatever, but hey I've got faults too and wouldn't someone to make me upset on purpose, so who am I to point the finger".

FAKE = telling the person to their face that you think they're beautiful, their hair is gorgeous etc even if you think the opposite.

Real is responding to others and your own emotions, those who hold it in and continue to smile aren't being real, well not real enough to my liking. The fact is we're not going to like everyone we meet, I personaly would rather someone not pretend to like me. Politeness is fine but not sucky behaviour. I understand its difficult when you actually have to live with someone you dont like which is the reason all housmates have outbursts of nasty behaviour.
When I compare the upfront nasty behaviour of tahan to the suck up to your face and sneaky nasty behind your back behaviour of others I know which I would
prefer.

If calling someone "baby girl" in an affectionate manner, then bitching behind their back isnt sucking up what is?

Tahan is a successful model but most of you never knew and why is that? because she never bragged about it. She has kept it real with everyone in the house being herself instead of trying to pretend to be "little miss perfect" to satisfy the conservative viewers out there that would rather see a polite,boring and fake version of herself which we have seen so many just like that before her. She is a real interpretation of what a real woman is like in the real world. Most people out there can all relate to somebody like her. She has been honest with herself and has shown both light and dark sides to herself. When she has shown anger or tears they have all been straight from the soul and never to put on a show. Personally I can respect somebody who has enough balls to show that kind of vulnerability to an entire country. I think she is sincere,brave and gutsy..I tip my hat to her.

Real is responding to others and your own emotions, those who hold it in and continue to smile aren't being real, well not real enough to my liking. The fact is we're not going to like everyone we meet, I personaly would rather someone not pretend to like me. Politeness is fine but not sucky behaviour. I understand its difficult when you actually have to live with someone you dont like which is the reason all housmates have outbursts of nasty behaviour.
When I compare the upfront nasty behaviour of tahan to the suck up to your face and sneaky nasty behind your back behaviour of others I know which I would
prefer.

If calling someone "baby girl" in an affectionate manner, then bitching behind their back isnt sucking up what is?

you're trying to explain something as a dichotomy, when it isn't. It's not a case of "if you don't make horrible comments like Tahan, you must be sneaky and sucky and fake". I don't pretend to like anyone I'm not fond of. It's called not talking to them unless its necessary, and not wasting my breath & emotional energy bitching about their character/appearance. No overt nastiness required.

you're trying to explain something as a dichotomy, when it isn't. It's not a case of "if you don't make horrible comments like Tahan, you must be sneaky and sucky and fake". I don't pretend to like anyone I'm not fond of. It's called not talking to them unless its necessary, and not wasting my breath & emotional energy bitching about their character/appearance. No overt nastiness required.

Actually im going on my own observations of suck up behaviour, i personaly cant stand it... to me its worse than giving in to your frustrations.

You're talking about out in the real world. And I completely agree with that.
But when you're locked in a house with someone you dont like, you cant escape that person and all the things you dont like and find frustrating just being polite can really only last for so long. You either fake being nice or you just go with it, Tahan just went with it :)

How can you say that she has a man, Who knows how she would have acted had she been single.

I'm sure if she was single she would of flirted up a storm with the best of them, but that's not the problem. Young girls should enjoy their single time. But I'm fairly confident she wouldn't belittle herself and morph into something else to please someone in the Big Brother house. As she has said, if a guy didn't like her initially she wouldn't give him the time of day, she has more respect for herself.

I'm sure if she was single she would of flirted up a storm with the best of them, but that's not the problem. Young girls should enjoy their single time. But I'm fairly confident she wouldn't belittle herself and morph into something else to please someone in the Big Brother house. As she has said, if a guy didn't like her initially she wouldn't give him the time of day, she has more respect for herself.

We can only assume really. Who knows.

Well there are three very good reasons.
1. The internet, advertising and money pull of David Reynolds, V8 supercars, Bottle-O (with support of BBexecs) racing-ppl are asked to dial her save number, sometimes with no reference and are promised prizes et. al You can lop at least a third off her last two save totals for this reason!
2. She looks great. Her personality is no different to Heidi's...but gets a pass because of her looks
3. Ppl like bullies. They see it as a sign of toughness, individuality, going against the grain etc. All this talk about her being entertaining is just a distraction-her so called humour is just putting ppl down and making fun of them. Ditto Benjamin/Stacey from last year!

Having just seen her Bf on the screen with his message to her, I can see that she is not superficial. He is not your average hunk , nothing at all like the jocks in the house. I bet Tahan is not short of rich and good looking admirers. What i also like about Her is that she remains true to him throughout her experience in the BBhouse. She did say her connection with him is more of an intellectual one. Any guy would be proud of her as a girl friend.
I love that she is not subservient and can hold her own amongst the guys. More to Girl Power. And yes she is representative of a modern woman, strong, intelligent and independent .

I often wonder those who love her personaility so much would she still be as popular if she had the looks and body of Rebel Wilson?

Back