Skip to main content

Survivor Koah Rong: BrainsvBrawnvBeauty 2

Bit of a mixed bag, Michele clearly did not deserve to win, but I think she pulled through simply by offending less people. I guess you have to register on someone's radar to annoy or hurt them. Apart from Neal, I can't decide if his venomous outburst was genius or pathetic.

The "twist" was lame, and didn't change the result. Does Jeff really think we're going to be excited that he's been sitting on that for 7 years?

I agree that the reunion show is overlong and a bit cringeworthy.

I'm actually okay with either of the three winning so the result didn't bother me, but let's face it, Mark the chicken is really the true winner here. MAYBE there might have been a few chickens who made it to the end of Survivor without getting eaten, but definitely none have made it to final tribal council until now. I actually thought Mark was going to be the surprise guest during the reunion show and he and Tai would have a joyous, tearful reunion and they would live together happily ever after, so the fact that he wasn't was the most disappointing part of the ending for me!

Sia gave Tai 100K. I hope Mark gets a cut of that..

Like a lot of you have said... Mark was the real winner of Survivor Koah Rong.

I saw a photo very early on in the season of Michelle & Nick (after filming obviously) & they looked 'together'.. though not in an obvious way. I remember thinking at the time that she must have won & him being the slime ball he is decided to hook up with her.

What an incredibly disappointing winner.

I was really disappointed, also, when the surprise was Sia (get her off the stage! - but nice gifts and that cheered me up for Tai) and not Mark in a decorative little cage, flown back and through quarantine and...

Frankly, I know it's life, and the law of the jungle, but I am very surprised they didn't make arrangements for Mark to go and live with some local people.

Neal proved he was the arsehole I suspected - but I was with him on that, thinking Michelle didn't have a chance in hell of getting more than one vote. What a pack of dicks to vote like that.

Update, just read this:

Finally, I have saved the most important question for last: What happened to Mark the Chicken after you guys wrapped Tribal Council?
He was given to a local family.

Hooray!

Last edited:
Bit of a mixed bag, Michele clearly did not deserve to win, but I think she pulled through simply by offending less people. I guess you have to register on someone's radar to annoy or hurt them. Apart from Neal, I can't decide if his venomous outburst was genius or pathetic.

The "twist" was lame, and didn't change the result. Does Jeff really think we're going to be excited that he's been sitting on that for 7 years?

I agree that the reunion show is overlong and a bit cringeworthy.
Genius? It was f***ing pathetic/embarrassing/lame/cringeworthy. He is a big fan of the show so it is clear that he was just trying to create a "big TV moment" probably just trying to add to his resume to improve his chances of returning in the future but seriously he sucks! His delivery of what he said to Michelle came across as really awkward and unnatural. He was so boring on the show and a terrible casting choice. Just an ugly guy inside and out. He will never return and nor should he. Such an annoying character I couldn't stand looking at him and his hideous smirk. And this is coming from someone who didn't even like Michelle so I'm not bitter that he had a go at her. I couldn't actually care less about that. It was just incredibly lame and painful to watch just like everything else Neal put on show this season. I Mean who actually says "You came into this game trying to be a badass bitch but in reality you are nothing more than a lost puppy sucking on her mother's teat".

'A lost puppy sucking on her mother's teat'!!!??? What the actual f***! Who the f*** says weird ass shit like that:conf::D:D Just no Neal. Go away:stop::stop:

Genius? It was f***ing pathetic/embarrassing/lame/cringeworthy. He is a big fan of the show so it is clear that he was just trying to create a "big TV moment" probably just trying to add to his resume to improve his chances of returning in the future but seriously he sucks! His delivery of what he said to Michelle came across as really awkward and unnatural. He was so boring on the show and a terrible casting choice. Just an ugly guy inside and out. He will never return and nor should he. Such an annoying character I couldn't stand looking at him and his hideous smirk. And this is coming from someone who didn't even like Michelle so I'm not bitter that he had a go at her. I couldn't actually care less about that. It was just incredibly lame and painful to watch just like everything else Neal put on show this season. I Mean who actually says "You came into this game trying to be a badass bitch but in reality you are nothing more than a lost puppy sucking on her mother's teat".

'A lost puppy sucking on her mother's teat'!!!??? What the actual f***! Who the f*** says weird ass shit like that:conf::D:D Just no Neal. Go away:stop::stop:

I love this post. I wish you'd say what you really think though ;)
Pathetic it is then. What he said sounds even worse when you analyse it. I barely noticed him before he was evacuated, so you're spot-on about him just wanting to make a moment.

Tai would have a joyous, tearful reunion and they would live together happily ever after, so the fact that he wasn't was the most disappointing part of the ending for me!

Love the way you think. Was holding my breath for some Mark news. Like, he met a lady chicken and they had babies. Or he moved into Ponderosa and now rules the roost. So much opportunity lost.

Oh, and $50k to an animal charity from Sia was pretty awesome hey!

I remember thinking at the time that she must have won & him being the slime ball he is decided to hook up with her.
He had such a high opinion of himself but I could not understand why. She could do MUCH better than him in pretty much every way, more so now she has a million buckeroos.

Last edited:
Genius? It was f***ing pathetic/embarrassing/lame/cringeworthy.

Especially so, considering she went on to win. It made a dumb try-hard comment seem extra stupid. In fact, it didn't even make sense in relation to her game.

I can see Aubry returning again, but not Neal. Tai will be a lock on Fans vs Favourites or Heroes vs Villains if they ever play those options again.

Love the way you think. Was holding my breath for some Mark news. Like, he met a lady chicken and they had babies. Or he moved into Ponderosa and now rules the roost. So much opportunity lost.

Oh, and $50k to an animal charity from Sia was pretty awesome hey!

I was so in denial that even after Sia appeared I thought that maybe she could have Mark hidden under her wig, magician-style. OR SOMETHING.

But yes, $50k for Tai and $50k for an animal charity is sweet!

I have to tell you, as a poultry fancier (and long-term chicken keeper) I am really confused about Mark's sex. I had assumed based on everything I saw that Mark was a hen, ironically named - and I read he was named after Tai's boyfriend, but now Jeff etc say it was after Mark Burnett.

Then in the last bunch of episodes, Mark is crowing at dawn - my god, he's not a she, he's a he. He is not in fact a chicken, he's a rooster! Argh! I don't understand, as he has no comb. He also makes the clucking and crooning noises I only associate with hens.

Hens - the female of the species - are chickens, are chooks. Roosters - the males- are no more chickens than bulls are cows, in my book.

But this does seem to mean, as well as being my favourite player on this season of Survivor, that Mark was once again the non-egg layer kept by the bunch of dodos who like to do away with the food-producing birds and keep the roosters in the mistaken belief that the male is needed to create the daily egg. ARGH. Or else like me chicken sexing is not their main occupation.

If Mark's a rooster, and he sure was crowing like a rooster, then he is the nicest and indeed the only nice rooster I have ever encountered. Mark may well rehabilitate my jaundiced view of roosters, as well as winning 50K for an animal charity, and providing warmth (and comic relief with his well-timed expostulations) to a season of a Survivor that otherwise ended with a thud.

In other good news, I read that from now on (c/- Sia talking to Jeff about it) they will no longer do that to me immensely painful thing of having the terrified chickens/roosters! thrown around and jumped on in rafts/flying into the ocean in a panic etc. They will be in cages and protected from crazed contestants. Hooray to that - that has always ruined the opening sequence of every jumping off the boat season of Survivor I've watched in recent years. It seems bizarre we need a little Guy called Tai to teach us some basics in kindness to other species - but thank god he came on the show, for that reason alone.

I just really hope the family that adopted Mark doesn't end up eating him!

Tai has been both endearing and annoying for me at various points throughout the season, but my heart just melted when Tai took the crowing Mark to the beach in the middle of the night to keep him away from the remaining cranky survivors, and Mark was just affectionately sitting on his shoulder while Tai was talking to the camera about his concerns for Mark's safety, their bond is so lovely.

lol @ people saying the wrong person won when the only goal of the game is to get the jury to vote for you. Michele did that, Aubry did not. Michele didn't have any flashy Idol plays on her resume, but she didn't need to have any. Her social game was excellent and it's what took her through the end. It's one thing to not piss people off and get them to vote for you by default, but it's another thing to vote out your own allies and have them be proud of you.

I find her win very similar to Jenna Morasca's in Amazon and Lisa Donohue's in BBUS.

I'm guessing he was referencing Michelle's audition video, which she leaked online before the season where she refers to herself as a badass bitch.

Shame that three bitter jurors made for such a lacklustre ending. Scott and Jason weren't voting for Tai, cause he screwd them. Nor for Aubry, cause she got them both out. So we get Michelle. And Debbie was probably salty too.

I thought Aubry did well at final tribal, but these guys weren't going to budge. She wasn't Russell.

But after bbcanada and Survivor 32 I am rethinking my lifestyle. I need a satisfying ending.

I'm getting married in two weeks. Maybe that'll count.

Back