Skip to main content

Survivor Koah Rong: BrainsvBrawnvBeauty 2

insider06

Survivor Season 32 kicks off this Wednesday in the US and will premiere less than 24 hours later here in Australia on GO! The sequel to Cagayan has 18 newbies separated on 3 tribes split based on Brains, Brawn and Beauty just like Cagayan.

Survivor Cagayan is known as one of the best seasons of all time and had a great cast that produced players like Tony, Kass, Spencer, Tasha, Woo, Trish, J'Tia, Brice and Garrett. Survivor Koah Rong has a great cast on paper as well and you can meet the new group of castaways here: http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/photos/1005569/meet-the-cast-of-survivor-kaoh-rong/

The cast includes Scot Pollard a former NBA basketball player, Debbie Wanner who is described as "The female coach", Tai Trang who is described as the "Gay Yau Man" and Joe del Campo who at 72 years of age and a former NAVY Seal and FBI agent is a modern day Rudy Boesch!

The cast really does look promising but it is apparently one of the most brutal seasons of all time.

Jeff Probst has stated that this season lacks a lot of strategic game play but it has HUGE characters and there are rumours that it is Gabon 2.0(Not the best strategy wise but lots of big, entertaining characters which leads to a great season).

Cant wait to watch, with Beast-mode Cowboy (Caleb) and the Power Idol! This is going to be good.

Happy Survivor Day!

It's on Go! tonight at 8.40 pm, allegedly - but I is gonna set my recorder machine for 8.30, just in case I miss a minute of the glorious opening sequence.

So glad this is back on.

Episode 1 spoilers.

Alicia looks set to be the new J'Tia.

I wonder why they went with who they did. Maybe they could see a strong twosome forming. Maybe it was an idol flush. Kyle/Jason maybe wants a 'dumbass girl alliance' like Russel. He will certainly turn on Scott at some point - Tony style.

Everyone preseason seemed to be down on ice cream Neal, but I quite liked him. Actually, Brains tribe had a few surprises. Fishbach's ex Liz seems good. Aubrey had a early season meltdown, but others have come back from those stronger - like whatsaface in Marquesas or Holly Hoffman in Nicaragua. Cathy. She did a good job in the challenge. Debbie is a bit of a Coach. I don't like her, but I get it if others want to.

The Beauty girls alliance is the most likable one for me. The pokerplayer is looking good, and young Julie, too. Caleb was better than I feared. Tai was worse. He seems headed for a Cau Boi meltdown more than a Yau Man heartsteal. Nick's a dick. That tribe will pivot on which of the guys the girls choose to work with. If they choose beastmode, he may get infatuated again and Brandon Hantz it.

Fun episode. The opposite of last season's hyper strategic focused season - here, more old-school character moments. I liked it.

Definitely more old-school character moments this year. Tai, Debbie and Joe all have the potential be legendary survivor characters(Note I said "characters' not "players").

In this article Dalton Ross asks Jeff Probst to tease up the fans for next weeks episode and he says this: "The birth of one of the best and most unlikely bromances in Survivor history. How’s that?" I am thinking Caleb and Tai.

I posted last night because I love discussing the show, and the other one. I get people have different opinions on what they watch, but really not into the whole pouncing on certain people just because you can.
Enjoy the show's people.

I hope the chickens rise up and kill them all in the night. Well, except for Tai who then becomes the winner by default and uses the winnings to open a sanctuary for abused Survivor chickens.
#chickensftw

Finally caught up. Hard to determine who will be important just yet, but I'm finding Tai interesting. Not feeling the jock-type guys on the brawn tribe. The tribe distinctions seem to be a matter of opinion, with beauties who look ordinary, brains who are buff and brawns who are beautiful?
Debbie is too much, if her tribe had lost I feel she'd be first out.
Jenn and the ear worm.. I just CAN'T...

Back