Skip to main content

Survivor Koah Rong: BrainsvBrawnvBeauty 2

Or maybe Aubry shouldn't have promised Debbie that she'd never write her name down, since she ended up doing exactly that like two rounds later? It's not the jury's job to vote "correctly," it's the finalist's job to get the votes. Aubry didn't so she lost.

Well, actually, it is the jury's job to vote correctly (just as in a trial, where they are supposed to be focussing on the evidence, not on whether they like the alleged perp or his council is snappy). Whatever they are basing their decision on - strategy, gameplay, moves, well-liked around camp, a challenge monster, etc etc, it shouldn't just be that one pissed me off the least.

Neither Aubry or Tai did a stellar performance in the final tribal. But they had a few well-made points - plus evidence of what they did do.

Michelle's 'arguments' were presented in a whine and then she did the open-faced bawling ploy. Ugh. I mean it is just so hard when you're a beauty!

I'm happy with Michele winning of those three. Aubry's main sell to others was that Michele would win at tribal, which happened. Aubry may have faced the worst ever luck in allies, but her whole strategy relied on Michele not making the final three. Aubry and her alliance needed to win more challenges than Michele by herself to have a legitimate claim on the win.

Well, actually, it is the jury's job to vote correctly (just as in a trial, where they are supposed to be focussing on the evidence, not on whether they like the alleged perp or his council is snappy). Whatever they are basing their decision on - strategy, gameplay, moves, well-liked around camp, a challenge monster, etc etc, it shouldn't just be that one pissed me off the least.

Neither Aubry or Tai did a stellar performance in the final tribal. But they had a few well-made points - plus evidence of what they did do.

Michelle's 'arguments' were presented in a whine and then she did the open-faced bawling ploy. Ugh. I mean it is just so hard when you're a beauty!

uh... no. There's no required criteria for winning or a checklist of things a winner is supposed to do, so the jury's job isn't to vote "correctly" ; however they vote is correct. If they want to vote for the person that pissed them off the least, they have every right to do so. Just because you don't like that it ended up in a Michele win doesn't mean that the jury was incorrect. It's the job of the finalists to recognize and anticipate what the jury will value and do something about it. Both Aubry and Tai recognized Michele as a threat for her social game but let her get to the end anyway and then she won. Nothing unfair about it, they should have done something.

uh... no. There's no required criteria for winning or a checklist of things a winner is supposed to do, so the jury's job isn't to vote "correctly" ; however they vote is correct. If they want to vote for the person that pissed them off the least, they have every right to do so. Just because you don't like that it ended up in a Michele win doesn't mean that the jury was incorrect. It's the job of the finalists to recognize and anticipate what the jury will value and do something about it. Both Aubry and Tai recognized Michele as a threat for her social game but let her get to the end anyway and then she won. Nothing unfair about it, they should have done something.

Well, just because you're happy enough Michele won it doesn't mean they weren't bitter bitches, either.!

who cares though? She made it to the end and got the votes to win. That's the only goal of Survivor, and since shew as the only person to do that she deserved her win.

On the flip side, just because you're not happy that Michele won doesn't mean that the jury made the wrong decision or anything like that.

He was given to a local family.

I hope that's not code for "Mark was gone by lunchtime"

Hens - the female of the species - are chickens, are chooks. Roosters - the males- are no more chickens than bulls are cows, in my book.

Female chicken = hen
Male chicken = rooster

It really is that simple. Haven't you ever wondered why no-one says "we're having rooster for dinner"? What do you think happens to most of them? They're not particularly useful for laying eggs, for example. :D

I hope that's not code for "Mark was gone by lunchtime"

Female chicken = hen
Male chicken = rooster

It really is that simple. Haven't you ever wondered why no-one says "we're having rooster for dinner"? What do you think happens to most of them? They're not particularly useful for laying eggs, for example. :D
I think a male chicken is a cock. A rooster is a cock with a harem (thus, encouraging the girls to roost.)

I think a male chicken is a cock. A rooster is a cock with a harem (thus, encouraging the girls to roost.)
I stand corrected. . All roosters are cocks, but not all cocks are roosters. Roosters, cocks and hens are all chickens though! So it turns out Mark was a cock. I'm glad we cleared that up lol.

I always assumed previously they gave them hens so they could at least score a few eggs out of the deal.

As for cows and bulls (and heifers and steers)... I think I'll pass. :D

Well, no. A rooster is a male chicken. (But if you have a rooster in your backyard, you don't refer to him as a chicken. He's a rooster! And if you're me you chase him out of the yard with a broom.) Cock is an alternative name for rooster. In the same way chook is an Australian colloquialism for hen. A male chicken is a rooster, or a cock, regardless of who he is cohabiting with.

Here's wiki's current take on it:

A rooster, also known as a cockerel or cock, is a male gallinaceous bird, usually a male chicken (Gallus gallus).
Mature male chickens less than one year old are called cockerels. The term "rooster" originates in the United States,[1] and the term is widely used throughout North America, as well as Australia and New Zealand.[2] The older terms "cock" or "cockerel", the latter denoting a young cock, are used in the United Kingdom and Ireland.[3]
"Roosting" is the action of perching aloft to sleep at day, which is done by both sexes. The rooster is polygamous, but cannot guard several nests of eggs at once. He guards the general area where his hens are nesting, and will attack other roosters that enter his territory. During the daytime, a rooster will often sit on a high perch, usually 0.9 to 1.5 m (3 to 5 feet) off the ground, to serve as a lookout for his group (hence the term "rooster"). He will sound a distinctive alarm call if predators are nearby.
(The term "cock" is also used generally to refer to a male of other species of bird, for example "Cock sparrow".)

Back