Votes: 3 20.0%
  • George

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Matt

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Gerry

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
…Liz wins… they all snuff the torches out… they all go home… credits roll… end of story… goodnight folks… thanks for the great posts… thanks for being the great people that you are on here… sleep tight… pleasant dreams… (you truly are wonderful people on here you know)… cheers.

Inevitable result.
I don't like Liz much and I didn't enjoy her game, but as the only one left who could articulate anything, she had it in the bag.
Gerry was hopeless and Matt couldn't think of a single thing he'd done on his own.

The jury spoke well and voted without bitterness, which redeemed this season somewhat.

Liz had to win over the other two duds, especially after that final pitch.

Season started off strong, but the last few weeks have been woeful and boring. Ah well, onto the next show..

I was so happy that Geo didn't win the challenge and then was happy before they went to tribal, because the edit is so shit I just knew he was OUT.

Gerry-atric - wow, you really fucked up tonight, you are in front of the jury asking them to vote for you - so you don't attack them. His speech was almost 'ha ha, you younger guys ditched me early in the game so I flipped and GOT EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU OUT'. And a jury doesn't want to hear you correct them when they ask you a question, Hayley asked what he regretted and he said nothing. Wrong answer - you need to appeal to them and come up with something, don't go on about how great you think you were...

Door Matt had absolutely nothing and got well and truly burnt by Geo... G even burnt Gerry at the end too :arghh:

I think the jury hated George for what they did to them and sought their revenge on his 2 coat tails...:biggrin:

I have thoroughly enjoyed this season. It’s definitely one of the best. George is undoubtedly one of the most entertaining players ever to play Australian Survivor. He made big moves and kept the game interesting especially early game.

I am happy for Liz, out of the final 3, she deserved it most. Gerry and Matt were likeable tho and I wouldn’t have disliked any result (unlike last year).

I’m disappointed George didn’t make it to the end but I think it was the others’ best move.

We don’t always see the whole thing, but it was shown to appear that Liz outperformed Gerry and Matt in the pitches and answers. However, I think Liz had it prior to anyone saying anything based on relationships and gameplay.

Little bit of a lol at Matt trying to pass off an “idea” that he didn’t put into motion as a move!

I absolutely loved this season, and I loved chatting with you all and the varying ranges of thoughts and opinions.

Hope we’re all back next year xx

I understand it’s important to place a great social game, but I almost wish Gerry had responded to Sam and Shaun’s ‘you didn’t talk to us about our hobbies’ question with a sharp ‘yeah, that was a choice. Once I knew you weren’t open to working with me, and disposed of me to the other tribe, I was gunning for you. I couldn’t risk you learning of how strategic I was playing the game so I kept my distance and wanted to go under the radar. I secretly was thrilled when Simon called me a pawn. It meant my strategy was working’.

Btw, George said at his jury villa that Gerry played the best overall game of the final three, and and he wasn’t a pawn, and he made the decisions along with George.
I guess in the end Liz just had the better answers.

So I got spoiled by my boss checking the Sportsbet results 6 weeks ago and announcing it to me straight up. So I could say I wasn’t surprised at the result and it’s a bloody insult to the show that they allow betting on the winner. Spoiled the whole thing for me and just watched the puzzle pieces coming together for the known end result.

Looking forward to a newbie season. A season with a proper reunion and winner announcement. A back-to-basics approach where each contestant gets at least some part of the story, no matter who they are.

thanks all for keeping this fun!!

See y’all next season, or in the Im a Celeb threads!!

I hope George is never in another series. He was just annoying, he is so up himself - self proclaimed king when he has never won a crown. Such a narcissist, he couldn't even let Liz win it on her own without him proclaiming that HE was responsible & trained her in the art of being ruthless etc. Everyone has to vote people out, you don't need to be taught or trained how to write someone's name down... The fact that he never won an immunity challenge speaks volumes. He relied too much on his belief that he controlled everyone totally as he continually would tell the camera's every 15 minutes. In the end he didn't outwit, he didn't outplay and he didn't outlast :biggrin:

Even the finale had a crap edit. What was the actual purpose of Gerry announcing to his fellow tribes mates that he wanted to fall on his sword and take a dive for the team?? I'm guessing it was to lull Geo into a false sense of security and vote for Gerry so the rest could blindside Geo - but the edit was so pathetic we don't really know & are left to guess.
If this was the case then why didn't Gerry allude to it in his pitch, he could have claimed that it was his elaborate plan to throw George off the final vote and thus Gerry would have been able to claim responsibility for his final blindside - that would have been an interesting argument to throw up at the final tribal. It would have thrown a spanner in Liz's claim that she orchestrated Geo's blindside... But who knows what really happened at camp during the final few hours because the producers decided to attempt another pathetic lame edit to try and fool the viewers into thinking Gerry was giving up at the final hour.

Even the final vote was stupid, why not let Pags read out the votes and have us wondering until he read the votes as to who was voted out? Instead they let us see each persons vote as they wrote it so we knew who was going before he read it out.

I'm glad Liz won, at least Geo didn't win & those other 2 pot plants allowed Geo to get all the way to final 4 before they somehow worked out to vote him out. although as I said previously, we're guessing as to what they said to each other to work out the details of that vote.

So, final summary of the season - my main concern for the entire season was George not winning & that eventuated, so I don't care who won as long as he didn't, thus, a good result... However, the edit on almost every episode was absolute rubbish & made watching it quite annoying and towards the end - quite boring...

Last edited:
Well the lack of reaction here says everything. Best of a bad bunch I guess - congratulations Liz on winning Georges' Survivor.

I really waited all this time for this season for it to be a final 3 of all newbies.
Quite remarkable considering how they let the vets vote them out tribal after tribal early on.
Biggest moment of the series was when Nina didn't play her idol for Sam after Hayley told her he was the one getting the votes.
Absolutely - would have changed the game, as would have the cancelled tribal before merge had they been allowed to vote out Hayley.
I’m just happy George does not get the satisfaction of saying he made it to final tribal twice.
Though fear that means he'll be back. Was hoping he'd be on the wrong side of the final vote but even Simon didn't manage that.
Gerry has merit but when 4 of the idiots that had ego trips early in the OG Heroes are on the Jury probably won't get him a vote.
Although Gerry still being openly bitter about that whilst most of them were on the jury was pretty dumb.
What was the actual purpose of Gerry announcing to his fellow tribes mates that he wanted to fall on his sword and take a dive for the team?? I'm guessing it was to lull Geo into a false sense of security and vote for Gerry so the rest could blindside Geo - but the edit was so pathetic we don't really know & are left to guess.
If this was the case then why didn't Gerry allude to it in his pitch, he could have claimed that it was his elaborate plan to throw George off the final vote and thus Gerry would have been able to claim responsibility for his final blindside
It was the best move he made all season -George just couldn't see beyond him being a vote on the jury and failed to remember Gerry couldn't vote Gerry. Even if he'd voted Matt George would have gone.

Last edited:
Some general views on the final - what was going on with the music. It was awful. Also think the final is often the worst episode of the season, especially when you have the worst finalists.

The final challenge is always an uncomfortable watch - and saying they're basically going to crucify you but hey, let's have your loved ones watch that, well, that was the bit I fast forwarded.

Final elimination tribal was routine and thankfully finally went the way it should have but didn't benefit us as a viewer considering George still got the George edit on the other side of the jury.

As for final tribal - thought Matt won the initial pitches and Liz's was actually awful but she won the questioning hands down. It was very obvious though they only had moves that they didn't actually follow through with or weren't able to execute said it all.

Just thankful we no longer have a reunion show which would have been another hour of the top 3 pretending they're not pawns and the producers fawning over George.

Overall though it's still the best reality show on Aussie TV but needs to be the best version of itself which wasn't the case this year. All newbies next year please and get the non-elimination episodes done with much earlier - shouldn't have been 2 in the final 6 stage.

Last edited:
Back