• George

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Matt

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Gerry

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Liz
How do they manage that? Does JLP hold up fake voting papers?
It was said on twitter they do not see JLP read the votes, instead they're told "x wins, now react" the reading of the votes is filmed without the contestants present. So they do not know who wins nor do they see any votes being read.

Still hearing crickets with Matt trying to come up with something he done by himself.
Yes, he had nothing although really it was Matt siding with George and co rather than the original Heroes at merger which probably changed the course of the game and he should have owned that more. He did talk earlier about it but he was never really at the bottom of the Heroes originally, though certainly wasn't at the top either.
It was kind of ridiculous that Cara was George's loved one.
Didn't he have anyone in real life who could vouch for him?
LOL - I fast forwarded that bit but not surprised. (Cara is an ex player right?)
Liz confirmed on radio today that 3 alternate endings were filmed, so she didn’t know she won until last night.
God, I hate these fake endings - makes it all so insincere and there was no way anybody thought it was anything other than a Liz win after how that tribal had gone.

However considering that's what they did I now wish George had got to final tribal and ultimately lost having gone through months of believing he'd won! :D

P.S. Would people agree that Liz won inspite of being aligned with George rather than because of it, whilst Matt and Gerry really only got to the end thanks to their alliance with George.

I also hate the idea of filming fake endings.

Can you imagine the bad acting in the ones who know they couldn't possibly really win? Or a muted reaction by the actual winner because they don't think it would be them.
I just can't imagine what Gerry's would be like, but it's a bit cruel if he believed it (and cried or whatever).

The only thing I’d say about the filming fake endings is… I was always convinced that when it was done at reunion live months after the show finished filming I couldn’t believe that they hadn’t all talked about who they voted for and worked out who was the winner anyway. Therefore they had to put on a. Fake reaction in that instance in a way too.

The only thing I’d say about the filming fake endings is… I was always convinced that when it was done at reunion live months after the show finished filming I couldn’t believe that they hadn’t all talked about who they voted for and worked out who was the winner anyway. Therefore they had to put on a. Fake reaction in that instance in a way too.
I agree with you massively on that. There is no way they don't somehow figure it out regardless. I can't imagine players like Lee, Baden, Sharn, George, Chrissy, Shay or even Matt & Gerry would think they logically had a chance at winning whether or nor there's a reunion special. After a woeful tribal council performance and just logically looking at the jury, I am sure they know they haven't won. So either way it doesn't really annoy me. But a reunion finale just feels so much more complete.

It's a shame the one reality show that was truely great with genuine winner reactions doesn't do it anymore.

Yes, they've always denied filming fake endings before so why start now?

I do prefer it all being done and dusted at tribal - as Bleachy said most seasons it's a landslide so I struggle to believe nobody on the jury or amongst the finalists hadn't worked out how it was going or talked about it anyway.

P.S. Had it been a public vote based on how Big Brother seems to go I'm guessing Matt would have won right?

Liz confirmed on radio today that 3 alternate endings were filmed, so she didn’t know she won until last night.
I always hear this but I find it so hard to believe. Anyway it’s not exactly a secret who won if you’re there, the body language was like night and day when Liz spoke.

It’s just cost & hastle cutting to skip having to put on a reunion show…. Reunions used to be the best part of Survivor, something to look forward to, to see how everyone has been doing since it filmed.

I thought the reunion shows were awful - just concentrated on producers favourites, often at the expense of the winner, and with social media etc. nowadays they really don't serve the purpose they used too as the cast are in contact with the fans throughout - and indeed The Project has had them on the show this year before they've even been eliminated.

Yeah they don't really add that much in the grand scheme of the show. For me it just helps the series conclusion avoid being anti-climatic and somewhat feels like event television again. But, the interviewing is usually favoured to a select few with some of those select few having whole segments dedicated to them. They don't add much, but I think I'd just rather have them for the principle of it.

Another "what if" scenario but had Matt jumped on board with Simon and Nina when he had the chance and voted George out might he be $500k richer this morning?

Another "what if" scenario but had Matt jumped on board with Simon and Nina when he had the chance and voted George out might he be $500k richer this morning?
It's largely dependant on if Simon comps his way to the end and possibly gets a win based on the jury seemingly loving his story. Otherwise I don't think it changes much, Liz could also win immunity to the end. Matt could easily vote out Simon At final 5 or 4. I think most scenarios would just lead to a Liz win if she's not voted out at final 5. I think Matt's game was a losing game either way. If he votes out George at the final 6 then whichever he votes out of Simon or Liz will just remain at the final 4. Which leads to either Liz winning or even possibly Nina. We can all say what we want about Nina, but I think the jury would be happy to vote her the winner. I don't think Matt had the jury management skills to win the game this season. It was very much between the returnees or Liz, who really is just Shonee by proxy post-her blindside.

Except all the men have lost their scruff and now look like Ken dolls. That was always a letdown.
The women too.
Hayley's Survivor look suited her but on the jury she looked like a different person - like she'd been airbrushed.

It's largely dependant on if Simon comps his way to the end and possibly gets a win based on the jury seemingly loving his story. Otherwise I don't think it changes much, Liz could also win immunity to the end. Matt could easily vote out Simon At final 5 or 4. I think most scenarios would just lead to a Liz win if she's not voted out at final 5. I think Matt's game was a losing game either way. If he votes out George at the final 6 then whichever he votes out of Simon or Liz will just remain at the final 4. Which leads to either Liz winning or even possibly Nina. We can all say what we want about Nina, but I think the jury would be happy to vote her the winner. I don't think Matt had the jury management skills to win the game this season. It was very much between the returnees or Liz, who really is just Shonee by proxy post-her blindside.
Think you're probably right. Matt and Gerry just never put the effort in with the people they weren't working with either to get to know them or talk game, even if that game talk went nowhere. As we've been saying they were closed books which made them boring to watch but also the jury closed to them too. Liz at least had relationships with all of the jury - though most of that came from the tribe swap stage which I think included everyone on the jury in her tribe other than George. Indeed being separated from George and Shonee is arguably what won her the game.

Think you're probably right. Matt and Gerry just never put the effort in with the people they weren't working with either to get to know them or talk game, even if that game talk went nowhere. As we've been saying they were closed books which made them boring to watch but also the jury closed to them too. Liz at least had relationships with all of the jury - though most of that came from the tribe swap stage which I think included everyone on the jury in her tribe other than George. Indeed being separated from George and Shonee is arguably what won her the game.
Having the super villains tribe make up essentially the entire jury so that benefited Liz greatly. But I mean, whatever jury you get, if you can appeal to them specifically then you did the correct thing. I think Matt and Gerry were way to comfortable with George to branch out to the other players to bother securing jury votes. Liz did more of that, being forced to really during the swap, so naturally she likely very much wins as long as she survives the final five round, in almost all scenarios. George was a big help in Liz making it to the final 4, but Shonee is much to thank for her perception in the jury. If I was up against someone who had Shonee campaigning for them, I'd be worried.

At least we can probably console ourselves with the idea that had Liz and Shonee struck first and got George out then maybe, just maybe, Shonee would have taken the title.

Back to production and noticeable they've dropped the titles for the last few episodes. I'm sure they don't usually do that, certainly not for as many episodes as they had. I thought they'd at least use them on the final. Hope they don't go the way of the US version (and virtually all shows nowadays) and drop them completely.

I think if George had been voted out from that idol play when Hayley told Nina to do so, it opens up the whole game. I would bet it would be a final 3 of all returnees, or at worst at least one. Shonee or Hayley would IMO be the most likely to take it out. Had George gone Hayley would have been a major contender.

Absolutely. Would have put Matt and Gerry at the bottom, though no doubt Hayley and Nina would flip again to get rid of Shaun and Sam.

Back