Skip to main content

So it's a trend -Estelle drops in -

Hi Estelle!

You were my favourite from day 1 - sweet, nice, honest and I loved that you stood for animals rights and equality. I only grew to love you even more throughout the series, I was spending hundreds on you a week. I joined this forum because of you so I could spread the word of support for you, I spent hours flooding the Facebook page with 'SAVE ESTELLE' posts. I know, I was OBSESSED (Creepy maybe?) but hey, I guess all that rallying and campaigning paid off because you ended up in the finals! (I STILL think the way they presented the results was rigged so you were doomed not to win by showing that you were most saved at one stage).

You should find the Estelle appreciation thread and read over it! We loved you.

Oh and you followed me once on Twitter as well. Let's just say that I was the person who gave you the boost after you left the house, if you still remember ;) ;)

I don't really have a question, just want to remind you that you won over Australia with your heart and honesty and we loved you!

It seems to be a trend for ex-housemates at the moment to announce their joining.
Well yes, here I am.
I've lurked this forum since I left the house in 2012. But never quite felt compelled enough to post and join.
That of course is until now I come without pretence. Tim advised me of some of the wonderful support and passion people were still showing for me on here and I felt it was my duty to acknowledge ..

So I am here to thank-you, for being part of my journey, for supporting me, for still backing me and making me feel love even some 24 months later when most would feel irrelevant .

Once my eyes recover from reading every post in Benjamin's thread, I will be in here to speak some more.
Because I am humbled to think that anyone still quite frankly, gives a shit about what I think, thought or still feel.

Reporting back soon. xx

E

Welcome to the ex-housemates reunion.
RHOA-S4-Reunion-Part-1-15-e1334573260570.jpg

Just want to perhaps add some context on Tim. He is actually one of the most informed people I know as far as conservation and climate is concerned. Only correcting as I feel it was misinterpreted - He's not right wing, quite the contrary if anything.
What he meant was that the way the Greens were campaigning etc was not necessarily digestible or doing them any favours in being effective . That they needed to restructure and present it in a new way, as it wasn't working.
He's very left if anything :)

Hi Estelle (if that is the real you ;) )!

I've taken the liberty of replying to the post you made on Ben's thread as it is more appropriate here...

I'll take your word on Tim's politics, to a degree at least, as you've probably met him in person. However, there was nothing on the show that Tim did or said that could in any way be interpreted as left-wing or progressive, as far as I could tell. Tim seemed to me to be totally neutral in all his comments (he was always thinking about how he would be perceived by the viewing audience) - except for that conversation he had with Drew in which he was suggesting the Greens drop their stance on climate change. That was definitely an ignorant, arrogant, right-wing thing to say.

I watched Tim's behaviour very closely, and I especially noted how he taunted both Drew and Tully with his supposed knowledge of the outcome of the election. He was very careful to appear to be neutral politically, but his extreme narcissism tells me that he holds right-wing beliefs. Actually, if I had to pigeon-hole him, I'd call him Libertarian.

You also have to take into account that Tim is very smart, and knows how to fake it, which is what narcissists do. Any progressive attitudes that he may have expressed to you could easily have been for appearances only. Personally, I would like Tully or Drew to give their opinion on this, as they are in a better position than anyone to tell us. But if you have had personal contact with Tim, I would like to hear about it. I would ask Tim myself, but I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him, and I also wouldn't like to feed his ego.

And while you're at it, do you know what Ben's position on climate change is?

P.S. Happy to have you here. :)

"Once my eyes recover from reading every post in Benjamin's thread"

Meh, knew there was a reason

Not even touching this one

I have just tweeted you on Twitter (where else I suppose, silly me) I thought it would be nice to hear from the real Estelle, as well. Hoping it`s really you. Only fair to hear both sides, can say I`ve never been more worried, upset that the way BB12 was played out. :(

Gosh it's a smorgasbord of ex housemates!!

Welcome Estelle! I burst out laughing when I saw you'd joined as all I could think was Benjamin Norris seeing you here and being all "D'OH!!!".

Now Ben can't just bag on Estelle willy nilly as she's here and able to defend herself!

*grabs some popcorn*

Would love to hear how it was for you in the house, Estelle. It was heartbreaking to watch from the outside, just wanted to go in there and hug you and whack a few with my broomstick. Oh then I wanted to whack you for falling for Michael ;) . Oh well, all part of the game I suppose, I just don`t like seeing people left out and hurt. Stay strong beautiful lady :)

Back