Skip to main content

So...Back in 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to a taping of family feud tonight and Jasmin from BBAU2013 was working with the crew there. I said to her that I miss big brother where is it? She said its gone and that they have already taken down the house. She said it so normally though as if she didn't care. Another person noticed her and questioned her about her experience. She said it was good to get out of the house so obviously she didn't enjoy her experience which has left a negative feeling toward the show.
She doesn't know anything, and doesn't care to know any more. She probably heard the initial (false) reports last year about the house demolition and believed that.

A follow up email from Endemol..
------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Rob,

Thank you for contacting Endemol Shine Australia.

At this stage no further seasons have been commissioned for Big Brother Australia.

There has been no recent discussion about this production.

Kind Regards,

Endemol Shine Australia Team

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I take their word as they have provided me with various updates in the past. So i guess BBAU won't be returning for awhile yet.

Yeah it doesn't sound promising, though they do say "at this stage" no further seasons have been commissioned......so maybe a faint hope still flickers? Maybe Ch7 could take it on and incorporate it with House Rules somehow, where instead of renovating each others homes, the contestants are challenged with building different sections of the new Big Brother house! The winners can then gain entry into the house as BB housemates, with the next BB series following on straight after the House Rules finals.....okay okay it's a bit out there, but I'm clutching here...:sorry:

Hi Rob,

At this stage there is no talk of Big Brother Australia returning to television.

Please keep an eye on our website for all announcements regarding new and existing programs.

[www.endemolshine.com.au]www.endemolshine.com.au

Kind Regards,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For some reason they sent me another email, but yeah just further clarification.

Interesting that Endemol still includes BBAU in their list of programs....could it be that they haven't totally given up on it returning some time down the track? Or maybe they just list all their past and present programs, whether they will be airing again or not....:confused:

Interesting that Endemol still includes BBAU in their list of programs....could it be that they haven't totally given up on it returning some time down the track? Or maybe they just list all their past and present programs, whether they will be airing again or not....:confused:

Interesting that Endemol still includes INXS: Never Tear Us Apart in their list of programs....could it be that they haven't totally given up on INXS being relevant again? Or maybe they just list all their past and present programs because it shows what the network has been capable of in past....:rolleyes:

It is still a format they own which they'd be willing to sell if a broadcaster was interested. Plus have dominated the naughties it's been a quiet few years for Endemol - not really had a huge breakout international hit since Wipeout back in 2009.

I got a similar response when I emailed them

Hi Dennis,

I have passed your email on to our Development Team for consideration. We appreciate all forms of feedback for all of our productions.

At this stage there is no talk of Big Brother making a return to Australian Television. Please keep an eye on our website as all updates and announcements regarding our past, present and future productions will be posted there.

Kind Regards,

It is still a format they own which they'd be willing to sell if a broadcaster was interested. Plus have dominated the naughties it's been a quiet few years for Endemol - not really had a huge breakout international hit since Wipeout back in 2009.
Cool thanks Brekkie, was just wondering that's all. Now if only there was another broadcaster that was interested in picking it up again.

I got a completely different response!

Hi Trala,

You are well known in this office. Your well articulated posts in the BBB forum are legendary.

At this stage there is no talk of Big Brother making a return to Australian Television. However we are very interested in creating a reality program based on a day in the life of Trala.

We will be in contact with contract negotiations if you are interested.

Kind Regards,

VIhg0_2dl6-dIcFkw9VFI7tDWyROYCLMb4Q03hUTLEXPWkatHtS_SteZkxjqazSaRhfLA80eAC4HF1GrlquZ-G36IbHShCaQg8sblxqby_AiDmTNPjTQrGBlCHWnxt6HMysqolFN7J2j_es=w640-h207-nc

Australian edition?

We are very interested in creating a reality program based on a day in the life of Trala.

And not even needing a sex-tape in the family to score it.

Surely the show needs a zany first-episode twist.
I'm willing to be revealed as your third cousin, once removed; and become Australia's male Kendall Jenner.
I'll even change my name to Ken.

And not even needing a sex-tape in the family to score it.

Surely the show needs a zany first-episode twist.
I'm willing to be revealed as your third cousin, once removed; and become Australia's male Kendall Jenner.
I'll even change my name to Ken.
Every good reality star has a sex tape to fall back on when times are tough, babe.

You're in man-Kendall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back