Skip to main content

So...Back in 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia is probably relatively unique in having the same house location throughout. Brazil is another, and I think Spain has possibly never moved plus a few more of the smaller ones I'm sure, but most versions have seen at least two houses. BBUK moved (sadly) after it's first couple of years in Bow, BBUSA moved after 5 years, BB Canada moved after just 1. Of course the difference is they were all just on studio lots in the first place, although as a foreigner apart from the reference in the titles and intro of the live shows the show being based on the outskirts of a theme part didn't make too much difference. I can only ever recall it being a factor once when a couple of HMs went to visit some tigers or something.

Australia is probably relatively unique in having the same house location throughout. Brazil is another, and I think Spain has possibly never moved plus a few more of the smaller ones I'm sure, but most versions have seen at least two houses. BBUK moved (sadly) after it's first couple of years in Bow, BBUSA moved after 5 years, BB Canada moved after just 1. Of course the difference is they were all just on studio lots in the first place, although as a foreigner apart from the reference in the titles and intro of the live shows the show being based on the outskirts of a theme part didn't make too much difference. I can only ever recall it being a factor once when a couple of HMs went to visit some tigers or something.
Gaelan and Krystal 2006 as a Friday Night Games award that Gaelan had won.

Dreamworld's effect on the show was never really a single thing, it was always the amount of money they were pouring into the show - especially when it was at it's height. The money probably helped float things that otherwise wouldn't have been profitable and appealed to the die hard fans of the show, ie UpLate or the live feeds online.

If the show had been inside a studio like BBUK or BBUS from the beginning - I'd be surprised if BBAU had been able to provide those. The DreamWorld sponsorship was huge.

Doesn't really matter. I can literally see the house from the road leading to Coomera train station now so there is no way it will be used again for BB. I know not all BB fans feel this way but for me and many others BBAU will never quite be the same if it isn't at Dreamworld. That doesn't mean we won't really enjoy the show but there will always be something missing. There was something special about housemates entering the house each year and as a viewer knowing that these new housemates were standing in the exact area that all the previous BB housemates had stood in their respective series. One of the only things that felt truly "BBAU" when the show was revived on Channel 9 was the fact that the show was still located at Dreamworld and you could see the Tower of Terror in the background like you could way back in season 1...

The other thing that really hit home driving past and seeing the house was the fact that I always use to drive past and just see all these trees/a massive forest and I knew that the BB house was located in there among all those trees but I didn't quite no where exactly and that added to the illusion that the BB house is some type of magical dreamland. Seeing the house out of it's obscurity with all the trees knocked down was like seeing behind the curtain of the Wizard of Oz:(:(
Theres something really special about seeing the Dreamworld logo at the end of a broadcast.

Its just such a shame its magic has been stripped

I think we all need to just accept the show is done for at least the time being, maybe even for good.

The thing is, Big Brother launched at the crest of the wave of reality tv game-shows that arose in the early 2000s. But every single show from that era have hit hard times overseas; and really the only reason they stay on in the US is because the ratings aren't low enough to justify cancelling them yet. Not so much the case here in Australia.

Reality tv shows like Big Brother just aren't appealing enough to the average viewer anymore. The viewership is in big-budget tv series like Game of Thrones and House of Cards - I think we're going to see a shift in programming towards those style of shows in future and away from the reality format we've been seeing for the last 15 years.

It's time for us all to just take a deep breath and move on.

I think that most, if not all people on this forum realise that it's never coming back, and you are right it may just be time to accept that and move on...however hard that may be :(

If only they could 'tie in' a new series with today's anxiety about privacy, using the fact that THE AUDIENCE is 'Big Brother' as it originally was, with live streaming, several cameras to choose from and more background about who these people are, surely it would attract eyeballs ?

If only they could 'tie in' a new series with today's anxiety about privacy, using the fact that THE AUDIENCE is 'Big Brother' as it originally was, with live streaming, several cameras to choose from and more background about who these people are, surely it would attract eyeballs ?
^^^ Good plan there

I think it still has potential, but as recycled and previously discussed, it may be awhile

As @Rison has been saying I think the show will be gone for good once the house is demolished. It would be a big gamble for the networks to revive the show for a third time and to top that off with having to build a completely new house in a new area or something in a studio. It's just too much of a risk and the Nine revival only damaged the brand. They would have to do something amazing for it to impact and be worth it.

Perhaps if the networks become really lazy we'll see it again in 5-10 years. Never say never.

So thank you Big Brother. We will always have the memories and I will think about the good moments (and forget the bad) every now and then but it's time to move on. :writing:

I know it's probably flogging a dead horse, but if Ch9 finally relinquish the rights to BB (is it the end of this year?) then maybe another network may look at reviving it.....I think that if it's not picked up after that, then it will be the show's death-nell...:dead:

Went to a taping of family feud tonight and Jasmin from BBAU2013 was working with the crew there. I said to her that I miss big brother where is it? She said its gone and that they have already taken down the house. She said it so normally though as if she didn't care. Another person noticed her and questioned her about her experience. She said it was good to get out of the house so obviously she didn't enjoy her experience which has left a negative feeling toward the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back