Skip to main content

So...Back in 2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that article is old news, it was posted on the 5th of Oct. 2015.....I wouldn't hold my breath on it returning...:(

It looks like the house is still standing though, I thought it was completely demolished - https://www.google.com.au/maps/plac...e9aff7949c9d0!8m2!3d-27.8589403!4d153.3149278
Heh. I'm surprised they updated the roof of the auditorium in 2008 with the then-new eye. I'm also not surprised Nine didn't bother to update it.

Also, god the shape of the compound looks like a fucking mess now... No wonder it's been YEARS since they last used helicopter footage of it in a show.

Last edited:
Heh. I'm surprised they updated the roof of the auditorium in 2008 with the then-new eye. I'm also not surprised Nine didn't bother to update it.

Also, god the shape of the compound looks like a fucking mess now... No wonder it's been YEARS since they last used helicopter footage of it in a show.
They had one in 2012 for the final. It was dark however, so you wouldn't be able to see the mess.

The more recent pic from UrtheCast shows the surrounding forest has been demolished but the house is still there
Yep I live near Dreamworld and after picking someone up from Coomera train station(Which is just behind dreamworld) I was driving on the road next to the forest and you can now see the Big Brother house from the road so if BB does come back I don't think they'll be able to use the same compound. It was actually kind of sad driving past because since 2001 whenever I've driven past I would just look into the forest and know the BB house was in there somewhere but I wouldn't know exactly where. Now when I look I just see empty grass lands and the BB house in the distance:( The anonymity and magical secretness of the house is now gone:(:(

Anyone else notice that Sonia Kruger's Twitter bio has recently been edited so that it no longer labels her as the host of Big Brother?

I don't see why the forest has anything to do with it? There is still a fence closing off the house between the outside so to me it's not a worry. I believe it will return in some form maybe within the next year or 2. But we can all kiss the original big brother goodbye. That show will never see the light of day again ever.

The house will eventually be demolished for the project in the area, but I guess they have some arrangement with the developer to keep the compound intact for as long as possible. Does that mean it will ever be there again? Who knows? Depends on whether the two coincide.

So...back in 2017, 2018, 2019? Have we all given up hope that Big Brother will never return to Australia? because i sure haven't.
It's looking unlikely.

Nine keep renewing the rights to the show year after year. This way, the can revive it if they ever feel the need as they get to keep their first-option right with each renewal, which prevents the show going elsewhere (if anyone is even interested). Plus we are getting closer and closer to the day where the compound will eventually be demolished (even if it is still years away) - the moment the bulldozers hit, it's gone forever. The show relies heavily on the money they get from Dreamworld's sponsorship - so having them setup shop elsewhere in a purpose built studio is extremely unlikely.

Besides, as I've said many times - in the event it does somehow come back - it will be another Nine one-and-done revival. They've already destroyed the general public's perception of the show to the point where any sort of revival will ultimately tank in ratings as a result.

It's looking unlikely.

Nine keep renewing the rights to the show year after year. This way, the can revive it if they ever feel the need as they get to keep their first-option right with each renewal, which prevents the show going elsewhere (if anyone is even interested). Plus we are getting closer and closer to the day where the compound will eventually be demolished (even if it is still years away) - the moment the bulldozers hit, it's gone forever. The show relies heavily on the money they get from Dreamworld's sponsorship - so having them setup shop elsewhere in a purpose built studio is extremely unlikely.

Besides, as I've said many times - in the event it does somehow come back - it will be another Nine one-and-done revival. They've already destroyed the general public's perception of the show to the point where any sort of revival will ultimately tank in ratings as a result.

Where did it say that Nine renewed the rights again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back