Skip to main content

RANT!

mine made mistake when we were first living together of criticising the way I ironed his shirts ...

silly man ... 30 years later he's still ironing his shirts his way ;)

THEN has nerve to complain he doesn't like my steam generator iron ... "but darling" says crimmy "it should cut your ironing time in half!" :angelic: I'm such a thoughtful little crimmy :angelic:

oh and yes - he offered to do the roast in the webber bbq ... then when he bought a newer, larger, shinier bbq he said he'd try to do one in that ... and who am I to complain? :angelic:

great idea having bbq on back verandah just outside kitchen window ... and attached to permanent gas supply (no bottles to refill - YAY!!!) In summer its "steaks / kebabs / sausages / roast for dinner tonight - here it is" and crimmy just tends to the salad :)

it's all in the training Sweetgeek ;)

big occasion ... Graduation Ball ... formal photographs ... photographers there all set up ready to fleece you - but hey - its a BIG occasion so we do the posing and we'll check the photos later and decide yay or nay on the purchasing (probably NAY because we don't like being fleeced! and we have our cameras and phones and will be taking lots of candids anyway ... but we hardly ever get any photos of us as a family unit together where the boys don't start pulling stupid photos or spoiling it in some way ... or they look wonderful and I blink!!)

so at the end of the night when we're all a little woozy from champagne, wine and port and having a big celebration and we go back and check out the photos and yes we'll buy the lot tonight (6 photos printed out) $20 a pop ... photographer said they thought they'd be around the same price on the website but we decided we might as well just buy them then and there (whilst ScroogeMcHubby is still enjoying the effects of the alcohol and being agreeable lol)

Checking today on the website they are $33 for the same size printed and in folder (so $13 more expensive for any further copies you want of the ones you bought for $20 to give to the grandparents. aunts & uncles etc) and if you want digital copies $45 EACH photo or 3 for $115 (bargain!!!) (sarcasm!!!)

but what REALLY pisses me off royally ... what REALLY gives me the shitzus ...

my son's jacket was skew-whiff ... so the shiny brass emblems/buttons on his lapels don't line up ... WHY DIDN'T THE FKN PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER SAY SOMETHING ??? now I look at the photos and wish we could have a do over because those buttons are going to annoy me every time I look at his grad photos!

I should have known to check it myself ... but we were all so caught up with the occasion and sense of YAY! etc and having our photos taken it just all happened and we wandered off to mingle and have drinkies etc

would it have really been too much effort for the photographer to say "Guys - just check your jacket - straighten it up .. look sharp" and all they'd have had to do is a bit of a tug or a shoulder shrug and all fixed ... no big time-wasting thing ...

I know I know ... let it goooooooooooooooo ... not huge in the scheme of life .. but if you're going to fleece people at least do a proper professional job in the first place and ensure the photos are going to be memorable for all the right reasons

yes yes I know ... let it goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It's
big occasion ... Graduation Ball ... formal photographs ... photographers there all set up ready to fleece you - but hey - its a BIG occasion so we do the posing and we'll check the photos later and decide yay or nay on the purchasing (probably NAY because we don't like being fleeced! and we have our cameras and phones and will be taking lots of candids anyway ... but we hardly ever get any photos of us as a family unit together where the boys don't start pulling stupid photos or spoiling it in some way ... or they look wonderful and I blink!!)

so at the end of the night when we're all a little woozy from champagne, wine and port and having a big celebration and we go back and check out the photos and yes we'll buy the lot tonight (6 photos printed out) $20 a pop ... photographer said they thought they'd be around the same price on the website but we decided we might as well just buy them then and there (whilst ScroogeMcHubby is still enjoying the effects of the alcohol and being agreeable lol)

Checking today on the website they are $33 for the same size printed and in folder (so $13 more expensive for any further copies you want of the ones you bought for $20 to give to the grandparents. aunts & uncles etc) and if you want digital copies $45 EACH photo or 3 for $115 (bargain!!!) (sarcasm!!!)

my son's jacket was skew-whiff ... so the shiny brass emblems/buttons on his lapels don't line up ... WHY DIDN'T THE FKN PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER SAY SOMETHING ??? now I look at the photos and wish we could have a do over because those buttons are going to annoy me every time I look at his grad photos!

I should have known to check it myself ... but we were all so caught up with the occasion and sense of YAY! etc and having our photos taken it just all happened and we wandered off to mingle and have drinkies etc

would it have really been too much effort for the photographer to say "Guys - just check your jacket - straighten it up .. look sharp" and all they'd have had to do is a bit of a tug or a shoulder shrug and all fixed ... no big time-wasting thing ...

I know I know ... let it goooooooooooooooo ... not huge in the scheme of life .. but if you're going to fleece people at least do a proper professional job in the first place and ensure the photos are going to be memorable for all the right reasons

Oh, that sort of thing isn't at all asseptable. They should tell you or have an underling to tell you or a mirror so you can place yourselves and do it yourself.

I really hope you got some candid shots or maybe the Professional Phototgrapher can Photoshop the Jacket, if he is that good?????

I really hope you got some candid shots or maybe the Professional Phototgrapher can Photoshop the Jacket, if he is that good?????
And give him more of my money?
Will wait til son arrives home and see what hed like to do ... we can always have his photo redone by someone else ... its just a lot of prep with the kit and right now I think hes over it. He had 3 sets of uniform to have perfect for that one day ... so understandably by the time we all arrived at the ball he was ready to relax and enjoy :)

And give him more of my money?
Will wait til son arrives home and see what hed like to do ... we can always have his photo redone by someone else ... its just a lot of prep with the kit and right now I think hes over it. He had 3 sets of uniform to have perfect for that one day ... so understandably by the time we all arrived at the ball he was ready to relax and enjoy :)

No Way pay anymore - Oh - Just let it be ... you know, like WTF happened to make it all not perfect - and you can all laugh at the stuff out of line ------ almost like something that no one will ever see - I know it will bug you - but you said it - Let it go xxxxxxxxxxx

I don't even have a photo of me, when I graduated, do you? I wish I did - Maybe just for proof ........ Just saying that because it is really not a big deal, unless it is updating the family album or keeping up with the jones .......

I have lost a few medals that I won and many pics that were special at the time, but I was like 12 then, and not 18 like now - and I am sure there will be pics around that will show candid honest pictures (even if eyes are closed) of the event. Love sent - I feel what you are saying, I just hope you get real time pics - they are the best xxx

Last edited:
Oh and similar but not quite the same is that terrible rumour that oncologists worldwide all know the cure to every cancer but "the government" is paying them to keep it a secret, for some reason I am not clear on. I may have the details wrong here because it's too much bullshit to devote attention to, but that just makes zero sense.
That theory is one of the most horrid things I've ever read. I am not pinning it on you either btw. That offends my sensibilities after what we've been through this year as I am sure it does for everyone else and their own concerns.

That theory is one of the most horrid things I've ever read. I am not pinning it on you either btw. That offends my sensibilities after what we've been through this year as I am sure it does for everyone else and their own concerns.

Absolutely - such a terrible way to think. I'm assuming this is largely in the US where they are more prone to this type of thinking but just communicating with any oncologist for a short while shows this is so far from the truth - as well as just applying some very basic logic - and yes such an insulting way to think to anyone ever affected directly or indirectly by cancer.

Absolutely - such a terrible way to think. I'm assuming this is largely in the US where they are more prone to this type of thinking but just communicating with any oncologist for a short while shows this is so far from the truth - as well as just applying some very basic logic - and yes such an insulting way to think to anyone ever affected directly or indirectly by cancer.
Any haematologist, oncologist, any medical person for that matter should be struck off if that was their attitude. I think the US has some very odd mindsets on many issues.

Seriously, finding a good hairdresser is a big deal. I'm jealous of men who can just go to the barber and spend $10 and be satisfied. It's taken me a while to find a good one after the previous, I'm still not totally there yet.

I feel this at the moment. Need to go badly as well.

I am dreading going as the wait time for someone to cut and the stores are always busy. It is all too long of a process for me. :arghh:

No idea what I will do.

I feel this at the moment. Need to go badly as well.

I am dreading going as the wait time for someone to cut and the stores are always busy. It is all too long of a process for me. :arghh:

No idea what I will do.

I had my haircut.

Be more like me.

That's some serious dedication. Although honestly, if I knew that this aforementioned hairdresser was in some far away place I may consider flying there. Maybe not overseas but I can't rule it out.

Marley who used to work at John Azzi in Mosman, if you read this then contact me!!

Having something similar.

The hairdresser that I want left and I have no idea how to locate where they have gone to. Too stressful to do a search of it all.

Having something similar.

The hairdresser that I want left and I have no idea how to locate where they have gone to. Too stressful to do a search of it all.

UPDATE: Channeled my inner Kristen Doute (private investigator style) and found them. It is funny as they left the salon months ago and I only found them today. Ha ha. :hilarious:

UPDATE: Channeled my inner Kristen Doute (private investigator style) and found them. It is funny as they left the salon months ago and I only found them today. Ha ha. :hilarious:
Well done. Things in life that are essential and not always easy to find - good Chinese food (yeah a bit dated but if you find one keep it, especially for fried rice), good fish and chip shop, good pizza joint, good mechanic, good GP, good dentist, good hairdresser. Not necessarily in that order either. My hairdresser works from home so I can always find her.

Well done. Things in life that are essential and not always easy to find - good Chinese food (yeah a bit dated but if you find one keep it, especially for fried rice), good fish and chip shop, good pizza joint, good mechanic, good GP, good dentist, good hairdresser. Not necessarily in that order either. My hairdresser works from home so I can always find her.

It would be tragic if my local fish and chip shop closed. They make great fish and chips. Same with the good Chinese food.

I live in an Apartment block and I "share" a recycling bin with the neighbouring apartment. It lives in shared area with my normal bin and other people in the blocks normal bins and recycling bins. There is like 6 apartments in the block. Until recently, for 3 years, they have never used it so it was pretty much my recycling bin. I take it out. I bring it back in. I quite often get other peoples gross bags of take out etc. in my normal bin which is bloody annoying but at least it gets taken out weekly. In the last fortnight, someone has been throwing food scraps/things that are clearly not recyclable in my recycle bin. I am 100% sure it isn't my neighbour but who the hell does that? 1) throw it in YOUR bin or 2) throw it in MY normal bin. What kind of an arsehole do you have to be to fill someone else's recycling bin with your trash?

Edit: I spent 20 minutes fishing their trash out of my recycling bin tonight because I didn't want my recycling to not be recycled. Waiting for the hate

Last edited:
That is annoying! I can't stand bin pigs. And people who dump things like carpets on the footpath in front of someone else's house.

My neighbours are just clueless. Every week thry pile high to overflowing their green waste bin with household rubbish in plastic bags and put it out. It never gets taken for obvious reasons. Do they ever learn nope they just kerp trying... Mean while thier carport grows ever higher with a mountain of rubbish bags. Good luck to the owner/ real estate agent when they move out!

Back