Skip to main content

RANT!

Easier said than done @Sweetgeek but ignore them. Mum-shaming is such a bizarre thing, save it at least for those that abuse their kids or something, not someone who is so kind natured and nurturing as you are with your boys. Well from what I can gather on here anyway. You obviously have your kids best interests at heart, and I guess so to do these other mothers but everyone has different values etc, shaming others for having a different belief to your own is so not cool.
I know JG. I know. Biting my tongue is really something I use to be quite good at, as I get older I find i am less inclined to and definitely have become bitchier- it must be an age thing. Or I'm just not there for the bs anymore. I really do feel for mothers who feel so let down by what they do because they feel they are never doing enough. I'm happy if I can give my kids a bath by the end of the night and I haven't snapped a million times getting there. Honestly I feel damn proud myself. Let alone caring what other mothers should be doing. I admit I love being in the kitchen so much so I admit I don't care to clean all that much. True story. I have a room I literally throw everything in just so it seems the house is maintained and don't even hide the fact I will use the dry cleaners far too often. If a mother turned around and said to me she hated cooking and rather cleaned I would totally be like good for you! I wish I had the patience for it- but my inner slob can't hide itself lol. Ffs there's enough shit to worry about and no time left to just enjoy your kids these days.

Honestly care factor zero with some people

Second rant... Possibly third rant over I think

Heavens no. I loathe cooking.
Lol. Well thank goodness for store bought lamingtons I suppose. Just stating, I don't care if people do but store bought. I really don't. I just lost my temper at being put down and of course as a human being with faults my defensive side rears its head.

Lol. Well thank goodness for store bought lamingtons I suppose. Just stating, I don't care if people do but store bought. I really don't. I just lost my temper at being put down and of course as a human being with faults my defensive side rears its head.
In all honesty, as long as the product is fresh, I am not concerned if it's store bought or home made. If someone wants to cook for me, excellent, if they want to shout me a meal, go dutch or me shout them, excellent, if it means spending time with someone, multitudinous excellents. Of course you should be incensed that your culinary endeavours are being pushed aside so carelessly. I have never seen you as anyone who wants less than the best for those you love.

I know JG. I know. Biting my tongue is really something I use to be quite good at, as I get older I find i am less inclined to and definitely have become bitchier- it must be an age thing. Or I'm just not there for the bs anymore. I really do feel for mothers who feel so let down by what they do because they feel they are never doing enough. I'm happy if I can give my kids a bath by the end of the night and I haven't snapped a million times getting there. Honestly I feel damn proud myself. Let alone caring what other mothers should be doing. I admit I love being in the kitchen so much so I admit I don't care to clean all that much. True story. I have a room I literally throw everything in just so it seems the house is maintained and don't even hide the fact I will use the dry cleaners far too often. If a mother turned around and said to me she hated cooking and rather cleaned I would totally be like good for you! I wish I had the patience for it- but my inner slob can't hide itself lol. Ffs there's enough shit to worry about and no time left to just enjoy your kids these days.

Honestly care factor zero with some people

Second rant... Possibly third rant over I think

I think majority of mothers are just doing the best that they can and doing whatever works for them. Too bad everyone can't be as open minded and non-judgemental as you. That sounds really patronising or facetious but I mean it, so many people have a kid and think that they're automatically able to preach to others about how to live their life. Plenty don't of course, but I've seen this a lot.

So what's more important I wonder, your kid eating clean organic no sugar paleo whatever or be happy and well adjusted. Both are possible, but pick your priorities I say.

This is how I feel about a Black Forest cake. My favourite cake on earth. No one makes a good Black Forest these days
I can't do Black Forest, cheesecake or those hideous Coles/Woolies mud cakes. I can really except for cheesecake (vile stuff), but I don't enjoy them like others seem to. My favourite is a passionfruit sponge.

You sound like a great mum @Sweetgeek! don't believe the person too envious of your baking abilities that they have to make those comments. These mums that say their kids eat no sugar I call BS... they just may not while mum is around. You have taught your kids a healthy attitude by the sounds of it.

I can't do Black Forest, cheesecake or those hideous Coles/Woolies mud cakes. I can really except for cheesecake (vile stuff), but I don't enjoy them like others seem to. My favourite is a passionfruit sponge.
Cheesecakes are a little heavy for me and I too don't enjoy it. Though the ricotta cheesecake was not that bad surprisingly. Any sponge cake with a zesty icing is a winner in my books.

Speaking of sweet thing, the hubby like JG has a terrible weakness for ice cream, and tonight has bought the baileys ice cream. He thought it was meh. I think he was a little disappointed. For anyone wanting to try it

Cheesecakes are a little heavy for me and I too don't enjoy it. Though the ricotta cheesecake was not that bad surprisingly. Any sponge cake with a zesty icing is a winner in my books.
Ah, icing. There's a raft of styles there. I will always prefer plain old icing sugar, flavouring and hot water to blend it together. No butter, no cream cheese, sour cream or whatever it all is, although I prefer butter to that stuff. On Saturday I had a tiny cupcake with the most divine icing on it. Tasted excellent and it wasn't the usual taste of what I've mentioned.

Ah, icing. There's a raft of styles there. I will always prefer plain old icing sugar, flavouring and hot water to blend it together. No butter, no cream cheese, sour cream or whatever it all is, although I prefer butter to that stuff. On Saturday I had a tiny cupcake with the most divine icing on it. Tasted excellent and it wasn't the usual taste of what I've mentioned.
Yeah butter cream/ cream cheese are not my thing either. Again it goes back to not enjoying cheesecakes I think. I sometimes just enjoy that sugary syrup to be poured on top. But yes icing sugar icings completes a simple cake every time. It's weird because not even chocolate icings do it for me and I'm not opposed to chocolate.

Yeah butter cream/ cream cheese are not my thing either. Again it goes back to not enjoying cheesecakes I think. I sometimes just enjoy that sugary syrup to be poured on top. But yes icing sugar icings completes a simple cake every time. It's weird because not even chocolate icings do it for me and I'm not opposed to chocolate.
I do like a chocolate icing. Have you tried the icing on the cakes in Costco? Freaking scary. Very American. I get why they call it frosting. Sweet as and in indelible colours once they hit your skin or clothes, especially the blue.

Speaking of sweet thing, the hubby like JG has a terrible weakness for ice cream, and tonight has bought the baileys ice cream. He thought it was meh. I think he was a little disappointed. For anyone wanting to try it

I never knew such a thing existed!

I do like a chocolate icing. Have you tried the icing on the cakes in Costco? Freaking scary. Very American. I get why they call it frosting. Sweet as and in indelible colours once they hit your skin or clothes, especially the blue.
Is it like that plain cream type of thing, like very airy cream but heavy and dry at the same time? I assume so. I can't eat that stuff, it is terrible. Waste of ingredients or chemicals

Back