Skip to main content

RANT!

Yeah I suppose when you live there, its a bit different... The only times I ever go to bars is if I go to Thailand or Cambodia..

House sounds great... Nothing better than having a yard, I enjoy sitting outside at least once per day, having a cup of tea and watching whatever ... & a house has walls that are not shared by people 30cm from you :biggrin:
Yeah I decided I wanted to move. When I moved from PP to SR I was in two minds about a house or an apartment. The latter comes with a pool, but I've been using it less and less (well, it's the rainy season). But also I have a horrible neighbour who verbally abuses his wife. I've said in the past that working for my previous boss when I left Sydney was like being in an abusive relationship (he was a toxic narcissistic sociopath). And now, when I hear my neighbour shouting at his wife, I get a visceral stress response, it really triggers me. I honestly can't be around that.

Anyway I can get a small above-ground pool in time for next summer. And I'm considering adopting one of the dogs from the pagoda in PP and bringing her up to keep me company.

Yeah I decided I wanted to move. When I moved from PP to SR I was in two minds about a house or an apartment. The latter comes with a pool, but I've been using it less and less (well, it's the rainy season). But also I have a horrible neighbour who verbally abuses his wife. I've said in the past that working for my previous boss when I left Sydney was like being in an abusive relationship (he was a toxic narcissistic sociopath). And now, when I hear my neighbour shouting at his wife, I get a visceral stress response, it really triggers me. I honestly can't be around that.

Anyway I can get a small above-ground pool in time for next summer. And I'm considering adopting one of the dogs from the pagoda in PP and bringing her up to keep me company.
Yes you want to move away from things that cause triggers & annoyances. I ended up moving into the country on a farm because I can't stand noisy neighbours. The last place I had one neighbour who decided to virtually rebuild his entire house .. and for 2 years he was banging, sawing & electrical tools from 8am till 8pm.. Finally I got sick of it and looked up the council application to see when his 'renovations' were going to be completed and ALAS he didn't submit a building approval. So I used council to stop him working all together :biggrin: which stopped the noise.. But then he & his wife became angry neighbours ... Another 2 years later I sold & moved to a quieter spot :cool:

A doggy sounds good, I want to get a kitty in a year or 2, but I want to do some more traveling first...

So I used council to stop him working all together :biggrin: which stopped the noise.. But then he & his wife became angry neighbours ... Another 2 years later I sold & moved to a quieter spot :cool:
Haha good for you.

When I moved up I only took a one month lease because I wasn't sure if I'd want to stay in this block or not. Always hard to tell when you move to a new city. So I'll have been here for just on seven months. The only neighbour I got to know properly/socially moved back to Aust, so that was a bit annoying. I worry a bit about living in a house by myself. At least in an apartment there is the possibility to meet people. The dog will probably help. She has three legs so there's a talking point right away, when I take her out.

Question: when you swat a mosquito and see blood, do you immediately wonder if it's yours or someone else's?
Good question! Personally, I dunno. Too cold here for mozzies and too hot and dry in summer...moths are a different story though!

Good question! Personally, I dunno. Too cold here for mozzies and too hot and dry in summer...moths are a different story though!
Well, either way, by the time you see the blood it's too late for the mozzie to answer the question. If I'm in a sealed room then yeah it's definitely mine. If the door/windows are open, it could be anyone's. I always wonder. Still it's nice to get revenge. Rainy season for another six weeks here. Most days there are multiple intense downpours, interspersed with sun and blue skies. Or else it's dark and wet all day. But yes, lots of mosquitoes. I love my mozzie zapper racquet.

Question: when you swat a mosquito and see blood, do you immediately wonder if it's yours or someone else's?
My daughter & I are mosquito attractors, so no one else gets bitten when we're around. It's definitely our blood inside lol
This is a great tool to cure the itchiness
Bug Bite Thing

OMG they're back!
It only took SEVEN YEARS.
This was about cheese Pringles.

Turned out that was very short-lived.

But after another 2 year absence, I found them in Coles today. And not "Cheese burger" but the proper original; "Cheese".

This was about cheese Pringles.

Turned out that was very short-lived.

But after another 2 year absence, I found them in Coles today. And not "Cheese burger" but the proper original; "Cheese".
OOooooOohhh - i'm going to have to check my coles this arvo. I do remember loving pringles & i thought it was the Cheese one too. Somewhere over the years i switched to sour cream & onion, but it never quite hit the same.

Don't get me started on the shrinking of the can & chippie size tho! :madd:

3g shut down.
Vodafone keep messaging me about 3g shut down, and they have detected my device will not be able to make 000 emergency calls after December 13, or something.
For one, I don't have the phone I bought from them 13 years ago and r registered with them. I bought a new one 4 years ago from JB HiFi.

I have spoken to them 4 times now, and 4 times they are convinced my phone will not be able to make triple 0 emergency calls anymore.
Well, it does, and my phone operates on voLTE 4g, and still they tell me it won't work later this year once Optus and Telstra towers shut down.
So, already I shouldn't be able to make 000 calls and I can, as I tested it twice.
Everything I've read says if you have voLTE enabled you're fine.
Anyone know any different?
Just thought I'd post this here, too.

Back