Skip to main content

Random advice thread

Window shop! But that's me.

In Sydney it's a lovely day, I'd recommend using ferries which cost next to nothing and using the shuttle buses which are free.

Something active? I enjoy bike riding, more so that the boys are enjoying a ride and I'm enjoying quiet and scenery.

I can't just window shop.... its practically impossible!

I can't just window shop.... its practically impossible!
Hmm that does become a dilemma.

You could always see what's happening locally around you, might be surprised by some fete that may be on or markets around you (though it won't become free if you see something you like).

I've got nothing more to offer. With children anything where it's quiet becomes fun haha

Hmm that does become a dilemma.

You could always see what's happening locally around you, might be surprised by some fete that may be on or markets around you (though it won't become free if you see something you like).

I've got nothing more to offer. With children anything where it's quiet becomes fun haha

I need to cut up my credit card, all my fun activities involve spending money, I wish I had kids, its creepy when I hang out at the local park ;)

It's a beautiful day, Muts. Go for a walk along the boardwalk from Elwood to St Kilda. People watching is always great (and free!) and with bonus water views it's even better!

I wish I was in Melbourne atm, but Im down the coast, I have already done my run today, which was nice :)

Tinder? BBBAU? ;)
Otherwise if this sort of thing is of intrest.... a local green spot, take a hike and a picnic rug, nibbles and bevies (preferably alcoholic), read something engrossing (gossip) or enlightening, or learn about the local species (lots of lines here).

Cant do tinder, BBBAU is a must! The rest seems coupley.... :\

Just being a debbie downer today :p

I need to cut up my credit card, all my fun activities involve spending money, I wish I had kids, its creepy when I hang out at the local park ;)

I wish I was in Melbourne atm, but Im down the coast, I have already done my run today, which was nice :)

Cant do tinder, BBBAU is a must! The rest seems coupley.... :\

Just being a debbie downer today :p
I'd imagine the mums might just think this is a new way to pick up ;)

So my big boss (the one above the Facebook friend request one) offered me a role today where I would make more money and do what I love. Which sounds great. And she wants an answer by tomorrow. But the thing that is worrying me about it is the boss below her (the Facebook friend request one) - I'm scared he will make my life a living hell if I take up the opportunity, especially because I know she hasn't run it by him first, and he will be super pissed about it. Do I take the risk of taking the opportunity or do I just stay where I feel safe?

Last edited:
So my big boss (the one above the Facebook friend request one) offered me a role today where I would make more money and do what I love. Which sounds great. And she wants an answer by tomorrow. But the thing that is worrying me about it is the boss below her (the Facebook friend request one) - I'm scared he will make my life a living hell if I take up the opportunity, especially because I know she hasn't run it by him first, and he will be super pissed about it. Do I take the risk of taking the opportunity or do I just stay where I feel safe?

...the way that I see it delcan is this... you should never let anyone hold you back when the opportunity presents itself to you... your boss clearly offered it to you first because she thinks that your are the better option for the company... if you don't want to hurt his feelings it's a case of ...'sorry... but I don't want to let her down... I have to take it' type of situation... besides... if you don't take it she might offer it to someone else other than him anyway... if that happened then you're both stuck where you are now regardless... I've seen this happen quite a few times before now where I used to work... so stuffit delcan... don't be silly... take it!... lol!... cheers.

...the way that I see it delcan is this... you should never let anyone hold you back when the opportunity presents itself to you... your boss clearly offered it to you first because she thinks that your are the better option for the company... if you don't want to hurt his feelings it's a case of ...'sorry... but I don't want to let her down... I have to take it' type of situation... besides... if you don't take it she might offer it to someone else other than him anyway... if that happened then you're both stuck where you are now regardless... I've seen this happen quite a few times before now where I used to work... so stuffit delcan... don't be silly... take it!... lol!... cheers.

Yeah, I think you are right here Sticky. Why am I worrying about what he thinks? Because I know he will try to make me feel bad, but why does that matter? He makes me feel bad anyway. She sees potential in me, and it's nice, so why I am second guessing myself about someone who constantly puts me down? Sorry, I needed to write this so I could believe it myself

Yeah, I think you are right here Sticky. Why am I worrying about what he thinks? Because I know he will try to make me feel bad, but why does that matter? He makes me feel bad anyway. She sees potential in me, and it's nice, so why I am second guessing myself about someone who constantly puts me down? Sorry, I needed to write this so I could believe it myself

...I'm so happy that you are saying that... as I say delcan... go for it!... he wouldn't give two hoots if he got it over you no matter how much of a 'friend' he may be... besides... if he rubbed it in your face because he got it over you then you would be kicking yourself for being so nice and gracious about it wouldn't you?... never lose belief in yourself delcan... your heart... your mind and your soul is the strongest power in the world... use it for your own benefit whenever you can... go for it you good thing!... cheers.

Take it gurl! Don't give a shit about him and deal with him as is necessary. Congrats!

This is a rare occurance but I am in serious need of some advice here. So in 2014 I conpleted my HSC, applied to study something around TV Production at bunch of different universities and got offers from three. I accepted and started uni at Bond University on the Gold Coast for three days and hated the whole thing! I then dropped-out when I got my other offers and am now at the Univesity of Canberra and so far I am not liking it wi ther!

I think my problem is that I'm not ready to study again as I have no motivation nor desire to. I honestly feel like I just want a simple job for a while where I am just there during the day, off for the weekend or have a long weekend, than have nothing to do study wise. I would be doing this at home which is about 2 hours from Canberra and 14 from Queensland. At UC I can still go home after a couple of days but I would rather be there all the time (I am staying with my older brother).

I don't know what to do. I want to drop-out here as well but I can't defer if I decide to come back next year therefore I have to leave and reapply. Also, I don't want to disappoint my family! Please help, they don't know that I am not happy yet as I don't know how they will react. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

...please feel free to tell me to butt out if you wish to SepiaBird... I believe that you should discuss it with your family whether they have a good or bad reaction to it either way... they have your interests at heart regardless of your difficulty with this at the moment.. don't sell them too short by withholding your indecision from them... if anything... they may completely understand and offer you a good solution to it all in the end...

...don't forget... they were your age at one stage... they may have gone through the exact same thing that is happening to you now and offer you a solution from their experiences that may surprise you!... being completely open with them will most likely endear you to them even more in your hour of need... just my thoughts anyway my friend... as I said... feel free to tell me to mind my own beeswax... I won't be offend lol!... cheers.

No you are absolutely welcome! :) I was just writing a reply when my mum rang so I just told her straight-up that I wanted to defer. She seemed ok with it. She told me to give it a while but I'm positive that I don't want to be there right now.

The problem is that I know that I can't defer. I know that the only option I have is to drop-out and reapply when I'm ready. I just don't know how to tell them that. I know it seems simple but I've always been someone who wanted to start uni straight away and was always against a gap year but I really do think I need it.

This is a rare occurance but I am in serious need of some advice here. So in 2014 I conpleted my HSC, applied to study something around TV Production at bunch of different universities and got offers from three. I accepted and started uni at Bond University on the Gold Coast for three days and hated the whole thing! I then dropped-out when I got my other offers and am now at the Univesity of Canberra and so far I am not liking it wi ther!

I think my problem is that I'm not ready to study again as I have no motivation nor desire to. I honestly feel like I just want a simple job for a while where I am just there during the day, off for the weekend or have a long weekend, than have nothing to do study wise. I would be doing this at home which is about 2 hours from Canberra and 14 from Queensland. At UC I can still go home after a couple of days but I would rather be there all the time (I am staying with my older brother).

I don't know what to do. I want to drop-out here as well but I can't defer if I decide to come back next year therefore I have to leave and reapply. Also, I don't want to disappoint my family! Please help, they don't know that I am not happy yet as I don't know how they will react. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I think that getting a job between school and uni is a great idea - you can accumulate some savings and most importantly get real life experience that really help both while you are at uni (because you don't sweat on the small stuff as much) as when you start working in your chosen field (because you have learned all the communication skills through your job). And Uni isn't for everyone. You've spent the last 13+ years of your life studying - the natural progression for a lot of people is Uni, it feels like what you "have" to do, but you don't have to. I have had one friend who dropped out in her last semester of Uni because she knew it wasn't right for her. I have another who worked in the field for 6 months and hated it, so has gone back to Uni for another degree. It ok to be undecided - you are still young and you have time. And as Sticky said, talk to your family, they might be more understanding then you think.

Back