Skip to main content

Random advice thread

What to do tomorrow night as a single guy on valentines day when all my friends are in relationships?

What to do tomorrow night as a single guy on valentines day when all my friends are in relationships?

Valentine's Day is big pile of flaming shit. Just an opportunity for the smug to act even more smug than usual. Remind yourself of a shitty partner someone you know has, and be glad you don't have to deal with their shit. We are the lucky ones - we didn't settle for meh people. we've realised we can do better

Valentine's Day is big pile of flaming shit. Just an opportunity for the smug to act even more smug than usual. Remind yourself of a shitty partner someone you know has, and be glad you don't have to deal with their shit. We are the lucky ones - we didn't settle for meh people. we've realised we can do better
Thinking of all sorts of people now lol

So one of my friends posted on Facebook that she was going to start reading 50 Shades of Grey, because she has heard mixed reviews, and she has recently been going to church a bit after a divorce. And now two her friends I don't know basically called her a 'bad' Christian for even thinking about reading it.
Comparing reading the book to using illicit drugs. Making references to random stuff in the Bible. Anyway, I really don't feel their comments are necessary and I want to slap them and remind them Christians are supposed to be non-judgemental and tolerant, but I was wondering if anyone could suggest an option that does not involve violence....

So one of my friends posted on Facebook that she was going to start reading 50 Shades of Grey, because she has heard mixed reviews, and she has recently been going to church a bit after a divorce. And now two her friends I don't know basically called her a 'bad' Christian for even thinking about reading it.
Comparing reading the book to using illicit drugs. Making references to random stuff in the Bible. Anyway, I really don't feel their comments are necessary and I want to slap them and remind them Christians are supposed to be non-judgemental and tolerant, but I was wondering if anyone could suggest an option that does not involve violence....

Ummmm... Nope. I got nothing.

Can't you remind them on facebook that Christians are non-judgemental and tolerant? And that they shouldn't call themselves her friends if they are going to threat her in that way.

Can't you remind them on facebook that Christians are non-judgemental and tolerant? And that they shouldn't call themselves her friends if they are going to threat her in that way.

Myself and a few others implied that when the first one started ranting, I thought we had won, the the second one came along quoting Bible verses.

Myself and a few others implied that when the first one started ranting, I thought we had won, the the second one came along quoting Bible verses.

Oh no, not bible verses. Have they explained how watching fifty shades is comparable to taking illicit drugs?

Valentine's Day is a commercial fabrication, .

no
no
no
NO
NO
NO !!

Valentine was a saint

Henceforth, St Valentines

SAINT Valentines

As in jesus times etc

Gee, dont you people google nothing?

The only thing fabricated is your post

Please fix it

i am a pacifist/ libertarian

In this instance, i am telling you point blank that the only option is violence

a lot of it

If they "accidentally" fell down the stairs, then it isn't really violence, right?

No, no no, NO, I won't 'fix' it. If people 'fixed' their celebration to quiet reflection on the life of a saint, I might consider altering my post. All I see, though, is an advertising frenzy, raised prices, mawkish public displays by those revelling on their apparently precarious coupledom and a sense of isolation and social disconnection for single people.

What are fun things to do for free?
Window shop! But that's me.

In Sydney it's a lovely day, I'd recommend using ferries which cost next to nothing and using the shuttle buses which are free.

Something active? I enjoy bike riding, more so that the boys are enjoying a ride and I'm enjoying quiet and scenery.

Back