Skip to main content

R U OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh @Mr Stickyfingers that sucks, can't you have a flu jab? Having mine tomorrow, I have a shit immune system, plus anyone around sis must keep germs away, it is imperative - just glad I haven't caught anything.
And ask your doctor if you can take - Astra Forte, a Chinese herbal remedy, you can get it at healthfood places and some chemists now.

I cannot take cold/flu stuff, they have weird chemicals that make me feel more ill.

Astra relieves symptoms, clears the head/nose, it is awesome. Does what cold/flu stuff does without side effects. In general it is good for your immune system.

...gee thanks for that kxk... I'll look into it for sure... especially for if I get the flu next time... if my Doctor clears it then I'll use it for sure... thanks for the info... so how are you holding up today my sweet?... anymore word on your sis?... I hope that things are going better for you both... cheers.

I missed my flu shot the other day because I wasn't at work the day the nurse came around (ironically, I didn't have the flu).
Thinking about booking one at the doctor now, it certainly worked last year.

Book it @Meglos - apparently really nasty flues are coming our way. I have had to have pneumonia shots also, but they last 5 years.

My sis is starting chemo right now, technology is wonderful isn't it, facetime etc really helps.

1263825593astra-forte-liquid.png

Each 2.5mL contains:
Astragalus membranaceous (Astragalus) root 1g (1000mg)
Ligustrum lucidum (Privet) fruit 500mg
Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi) mushroom 500mg

Greenridge Astraforte. Support for the recovery from upper respiratory tract complaints, cough, cold and ful. Rebuilding staminia and endurance after illness. Deep immune rebuilding tonic, chronic fatigue, Ross river fever, glandular fever, lack of vitality, repetitive cold and flu infections, debilitated immune function, debilitation from chemotherapy, post infection recovery, liver tonic for hepatitis, bronchial cough, nervous debility, gastric discomfort, diuretic.

http://www.greenridge.com.au/product/AstraForte-Liquid/

Comes in liquid or pill form, and it is given to kids.

I will have to keep an eye out for that @kxk I woke up with a scratchy throat so no doubt i've picked up the OH's lurgy.

Wahhhhhhhh!

Hope you're on the mend @Mr Stickyfingers!

...I'm back in the land of the living today shaydee... I woke up so much better this morning and am eating well again... it was a tough few days but at least I'm basically over it now (I hope)... thanks for all the concern from you wonderful people... believe me... it does cheer you up when you are so crook when you guys and gals chat... for that I'm very grateful... I just hope that you aren't getting it shaydee I really do... take care my good friend... cheers.

...I'm back in the land of the living today shaydee... I woke up so much better this morning and am eating well again... it was a tough few days but at least I'm basically over it now (I hope)... thanks for all the concern from you wonderful people... believe me... it does cheer you up when you are so crook when you guys and gals chat... for that I'm very grateful... I just hope that you aren't getting it shaydee I really do... take care my good friend... cheers.

YAY! Glad you are on the mend :) I have caught it but it doesn't seem as bad as my OH had it. I had aches & shivers then feeling hot yesterday but they are gone today & i'm just left with an annoying sore & scratchy throat... but hey.. i'll take that!!! Thanks for hoping I didn't get it.. it might have just worked! :woot:

In about 36 hours, It will be clearer for me to make a decision about where my life will head, for my Future. The stress and anxiety that I have felt lately, and more so the last week has been so overwhelming - it has been numbing and debilitating
Singing that song Let It Go .............

In about 36 hours, It will be clearer for me to make a decision about where my life will head, for my Future. The stress and anxiety that I have felt lately, and more so the last week has been so overwhelming - it has been numbing and debilitating

Awww hooley. That sounds awful. It's just horrible when you are overwhelmed with stress & anxiety :( I'm hoping that in 36 hours, like you said, things become clearer.

One rule I have always lived by is, never make a life changing decision when you are stressed out or mentally not in a good place. Sending you lots of calm & clearing vibes and hope it all works out honey xXx

I don't know what I can say to help, other than you can get through this, and it will be over soon. Just stay strong even though it is hard. Feel welcome to PM me if you need to vent etc. - I like to listen xo

Good luck @hooleydooley , hope you made mega bucks and are happy with whatever the outcome:)
Hello and best wishes to everyone struggling, and dealing with stress.

I am taking a holiday from stress - and wallowing in Eurovision, highly recommended antidote, fill yourself with silly, frivolous, funny festival of joy and mediocre singing:)

Oh @hooleydooley that is awful, hope you get some better offers.

I will be coming over WA again, June, August, October/Nov, maybe we could all catch up, @shaydee, sometime, even if I am a bit zombielike.

@Mr Stickyfingers this may interest you...

Major breakthrough as doctors REVERSE symptoms of a stroke: Patients to walk, talk and live a normal life after stem cell treatment - up to 3 YEARS later
  • Major breakthrough as doctors reverse the symptoms of a stroke
  • Patients regained the ability to walk, talk and live a normal family life
  • Stem cell treatment found to work up to 3 years after a stroke, say expert
  • Millions of people could benefit from the simple procedure, they believe

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ll-treatment-3-YEARS-later.html#ixzz4AU0b4MuB

I have been getting what comfort & support I can from various online places, going to paste some here, for others going through rough times.

I read this one almost every day, brilliant...

Ask Polly: My Sister Has Cancer, and I Can’t Go On
Even though you'd rather crawl into a hole than face this reality, you can't.
http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/05/ask...ancer-i-cant-go-on.html?mid=emailshare_thecut

The Letter....click on the blue link for the advice

Dear Polly,

My sister has been diagnosed with terminal cancer—at 44, with children.

This came out of the blue. She has not had previous cancer. The cancer was missed, her doctor was supercilious, her boyfriend finally took her in to the emergency room for pain after he became fed up. She received her first scan there, only a few weeks ago.

I am soon to be scanned for the same cancer. It doesn't matter the result as I'm so tied to my sister's case I feel already I am in the same position. I wish with all my heart it were me, not her. I want to take it on for her.

I am also terrified of the change in family dynamics this will bring. I would like to maintain a distance from my distant mother, but that will be harder. I very, very much want to maintain a distance from my whole family (physical and mental) but in good conscience cannot go on doing so. I guess that is a separate concern.

So much of your advice — really the whole idea of how Americans and almost everyone lives their lives — is predicated on the thought of a future. Working toward the future. Self-improvement, hoping for true love, working toward an end of some kind (job promotion, writing for publication, more money, etc.), even saving for retirement. The hope that this or that can be overcome. That's all anyone thinks about. That's all life is. The hope of the future.

Now, in my own sadness and in hers my thoughts have changed: no more caring about self-improvement, about makeup tricks. No more new clothes or consumerism because the items cannot be used, the clothes cannot be worn. Who cares what you wear? Who cares about getting skinnier, fatter, diet tricks and tips, organic eating, all the shit and noise and drone of the stupidity of life in America.

What about when that way of life is wiped out? Gone? How do you radically change your thinking about how to live when the end is staring at you? I know all the Buddhist live-in-the-moment, mindfulness junk. I don't want to hear that.

I am gutted and feel I cannot go on (ironically).

Gutted

I'm down for a meet up for sure @kxk :)

We're always living for the future aren't we? When xxx happens i'll be happier or when I get this job, i'll be happier etc. How do you live in the now? I wish I knew. You can read a gazillion posts on facebook with mantra's and sayings about living in the now.. but even when you don't have cancer, how do you do that? I'm sorry if this comes across as insensitive @kxk it's not meant to... but that just struck a chord in me and i'd like to know too!

Hope you are still putting one foot in front of the other and remembering to breathe when you can. Sending love xXx

And back to you @shaydee...
Should i post the advice part? I read it a lot. But most days it seems like a bad dream, hard to feel it is real - sis says she often wakes up thinking it was a bad dream:(
She is having hydro therapy, I will be joining her in the pool soon - she is elated by this, she feels free again. And we are both water nuts.
sis has a wonderful doctor, books her into private when she has no private cover so she can swim.

But back to us, catch up in august? Longer trip then. This one I leave tomorrow but it's just 10 days. Also Bridgetown has a music thing i will be there for in November.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back