Skip to main content

R U OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know Perth, so can't help in that regard, but best wishes and prayers are with your sister, you and your family as you all deal with nastiness.

Reactions: kxk
I have to go to Perth. I need accommodation, near Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital. Anyone from Perth? Any advice?
Things are bad, I have to go and help my sister fight for her life.
Need accom for 10-14 days firstly. And later we will probably need longer term.
Looking at air bnb etc.

@hooleydooley and @shaydee are from WA - I think @pecan might be as well. I've only been to Perth once. I am wishing you the best!

I have to go to Perth. I need accommodation, near Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital. Anyone from Perth? Any advice?
Things are bad, I have to go and help my sister fight for her life.
Need accom for 10-14 days firstly. And later we will probably need longer term.
Looking at air bnb etc.

You probably have already seen this document.

http://www.scgh.health.wa.gov.au/Patients_Visitors/pdf/SCGHaccommodation.pdf

and this one

http://www.carerswa.asn.au/resources/Short-Term-Low-Cost-Accommodation-in-Perth-Factsheet.pdf

West Perth area or even in the City, maybe your best option. There are regular buses to the hospital.

Not sure what air bnb means?

I am 2 hours away from there, and haven't lived in Perth City for almost 10 years, so I am not that much a a help really :(

Good Luck and sending you good vibes xx

Last edited:
Thanks @delcan & @hooleydooley , appreciate the kind thoughts. And Hooley those lists are very helpful.

I am going nuts trying to organise stuff for her, and getting there.
Air bnb, is a room in a private house, sometimes a whole place.

And my sis's place is in Bridgetown, 4-5 hours from the hospital so useless. And hell, fruit box I ordered, never arrived, 3 days later they sent some apples & oranges for $100, wtf.
I feel sick constantly, need to speed up getting there...thanks again

Thanks @delcan & @hooleydooley , appreciate the kind thoughts. And Hooley those lists are very helpful.

And my sis's place is in Bridgetown, 4-5 hours from the hospital so useless. And hell, fruit box I ordered, never arrived, 3 days later they sent some apples & oranges for $100, wtf.

I know Bridgetown - what is with that fruit box - OMG Doonybrook is so close (Fruit is abundant there)- does she not have mates in her own town? I get that it can be the case. I am a LONG way away from those that really care for me, even though I have lived in WA for over 20 years, those that are close to me, are in NSW

If you are really desperate for accommodation here, being 2 hours from Perth - PM me and I will be glad to help out, if need be - if you want a place to crash

Heya!! If you need anything or someone to take you places, seriously, let me know. I'm not working at the moment so if you need anything....

I hope i'm not coming across all stalky or anything. Just know how overwhelming it can be in a strange place when you have a loved one who's not doing great. Send me a message if you want. I mean it. If I can help in any way :)

Thank you so much kind people, thank you @shaydee, @delcan , @hooleydooley , @Daltrim - wish I thought of supermarkets etc, but it was over Easter and I thought I needed special delivery, turned out to be no delivery.

So, I am very grateful for all of the kind help and suggestions, the lists hooley were great, just none of them help much when you ring, and it is my aim when there to shake their arses up a bit, support services my foot - there is no support for anything, not even her partner gets help.

@shaydee if you mean it, I am likely to need any help I can get. I actually lived in WA for many years, but over 15 years since I visited, and I know Perth is constantly changing.

Will be there either Wednesday or thursday, this is killing me, I'm operating on half a brain due to shock, she sounds so young, so vulnerable.
Thanks again everyone, I will visit her for relief - distractions are good:)

Thank you so much kind people, thank you @shaydee, @delcan , @hooleydooley , @Daltrim - wish I thought of supermarkets etc, but it was over Easter and I thought I needed special delivery, turned out to be no delivery.

So, I am very grateful for all of the kind help and suggestions, the lists hooley were great, just none of them help much when you ring, and it is my aim when there to shake their arses up a bit, support services my foot - there is no support for anything, not even her partner gets help.

@shaydee if you mean it, I am likely to need any help I can get. I actually lived in WA for many years, but over 15 years since I visited, and I know Perth is constantly changing.

Will be there either Wednesday or thursday, this is killing me, I'm operating on half a brain due to shock, she sounds so young, so vulnerable.

The traffic in Perth is terrible, or so I am told all the time! So, if you can stay near Public Transport that would be a positive and less stressful for you.

Bloody Gov Departments, so sad to hear no support is given :(

Let me know if you end up on TV whilst you shake them up!

I sent you a PM :)

I want to scream, life sure isn't easy is it. I am all booked into a budget hotel right near her hospital in Perth- and they have moved her to Bunbury.
As I arrive in Perth at 1 am, will still use the hotel to sleep then leave for Bunbury, and now I have to go through the friggin lists of where to stay, ugh, all over again.
I know people in Mandurah, and will stop off there. Might call on you Shaydee, saturday???

I feel sick, I don't want to go, why am I the mother in our motherless weird family, I am not even close to the eldest.
I hate the world at this moment - I dread Perth, don't want to go back in time to when I lived there with my ex.
Serenity now, give me strength and serenity.
End of my rant:)

I want to scream, life sure isn't easy is it. I am all booked into a budget hotel right near her hospital in Perth- and they have moved her to Bunbury.
As I arrive in Perth at 1 am, will still use the hotel to sleep then leave for Bunbury, and now I have to go through the friggin lists of where to stay, ugh, all over again.
I know people in Mandurah, and will stop off there. Might call on you Shaydee, saturday???

I feel sick, I don't want to go, why am I the mother in our motherless weird family, I am not even close to the eldest.
I hate the world at this moment - I dread Perth, don't want to go back in time to when I lived there with my ex.
Serenity now, give me strength and serenity.
End of my rant:)

:( as you are probably already aware, I am close by.
Are you arriving today (wed am)

Take care

You're both good eggs, shaydee and hooley to help out kxk.

It's nice to know that there are some decent folks on this forum willing to give a helping hand when needed.

Best of luck kxk and hope everything goes well for you.

Sorry for your grievances.

P.S kudos to the other members here for there advice:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks, @hooleydooley , and @shaydee for your offers of help - things have fallen into place at each stage of this LONG journey, I met up with an old friend who I thought had died, and that was just wonderful, he has been very ill, and is now great, so fab to have his company again.
And my sister's friends helped out, picked me up, put me up in Mandurah on the way, she is gorgeous.
Although Bunbury was booked out, when I got to my motel for one night, things had changed and I can stay until we all go to my sisters home - they are letting her go home soon, and she doesn't look very ill at this moment, so good to hug her a lot.
Thanks to all of you very kind and gentle people, it helps to escape here.

Thanks, @hooleydooley , and @shaydee for your offers of help - things have fallen into place at each stage of this LONG journey, I met up with an old friend who I thought had died, and that was just wonderful, he has been very ill, and is now great, so fab to have his company again.
And my sister's friends helped out, picked me up, put me up in Mandurah on the way, she is gorgeous.
Although Bunbury was booked out, when I got to my motel for one night, things had changed and I can stay until we all go to my sisters home - they are letting her go home soon, and she doesn't look very ill at this moment, so good to hug her a lot.

So glad to hear everything is going better than expected :)

Awww so glad that things have worked out when you were so stressed out. Am so so happy to hear that your sister is doing great and will be allowed home soon. So awesome, you must be so relieved :) Also catching up with an old friend you thought had passed? Things are on the up hey!! :D Although it sounds like you got everything covered, you have my number if you need anything. xXxXxXx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back