Skip to main content

R U OK Support Thread

Great news @Mooseface

We can get a man to the moon but we don't build fire/flood proof houses, why?
My cousins are all based in the fire areas around Vic mountains, all safe and accounted for thankfully
Anyone else thinking about who to volunteer with???
This catastrophe will take everyone to help,
and our stupid pm may get the shove he deserves

The saddest, saddest fire victim photo yet......in a spoiler it is so tragic

Kangaroo-12--2_5e1022f6672c6.jpg

This year has been devastating with the effects of fires on humans and animals.
It has brought out the best in most people doing everything possible to help.
We can only hope all necessary help continues to be provided for a long time.

This was my husband's account but he has suffered some serious health issues that means only I can post.
I want to say how much I appreciate reading all the latest threads as I have missed watching a lot of the usual reality shows that we would watch, so thank you all for your entertaining posts.
I still like to post but it will be time limited for a while.

Are we getting over-cautious in the wake of the Corona virus?
First toilet paper wars, and now I discover when ordering a pizza online that there is a new option for a non-contact policy. If you check the box, you can agree that the delivery person can leave your food a minimum of 4 feet away, for you to collect once they are out of contact distance. Because, you know, one or the other of us would probably die if they handed it over or we said hello to each other.

Well: France has just shut. Spain and Switzerland also.
So far Germany is mostly still open with some restrictions.
I feel a bit like I am in a horror movie or a war movie.

Reactions: kxk
Feels weird, lots of masks now
It is like waiting for a tsunami after warning, but you are 10k inland and can’t quite grasp the forecasts

I am already cautious about germs, I have an auto immune disease
Supermarkets are scenes of hell right now, either stripped bare or hectic with overwhelming crowds

Look to be honest here and I know you won't want to hear the voice of reason but...

You are the one that sounds like you are discriminating against age. You are twisted with anger at being mistaken for someone who is just 6 years older than your current age! 6. FUCKING. YEARS!

Why are you so offended? Its just an age. What do you have against people who are just 6 years older than you? Do you think you suddenly become unworthy? Like the worst thing in the world is to be in their 60's?!

The fact that you try and devalue this employee by calling her a "CheckOutChick', who coincidentally is just doing her job and trying to save the customer money where she can, and sent a message to this persons boss to try and get her in trouble, is disgusting to me.

There are such bigger issues to be outraged by, Deb. You're better than this.
I Know this a late response BUT

Gee not the response I thought I would get on this thread. You ASS U ME that I am TWISTED with ANGER? It was not in anger, it was more like, why do people assume who you are? If I wanted a Discount, I would have pulled out my card - no need for a reminder for a $1.50 discount on that purchase ........ So in Response to your Questions and your voice of reason.......

Why are you so offended? Never ASS U ME - Does the Company want to give away a discount when they do not have to, when the people who are aware of it already know they can get it??
What do you have against people who are just 6 years older than you? I Have NOTHING against people who are 6 years plus Older than me. You just ASS U ME again - Some of my best Friends are 10+ years older than me - I have nothing against them and I am pissed off at you - you THINK you know all!
Do you think you suddenly become unworthy? Where did that come from? Why ever ask that? I never even posted about being that. I do not feel that, but maybe you seem to be trying to put that in?
Like the worst thing in the world is to be in their 60's?! - Gee - being in the World ATM it might be a scary time to be in your 60's- COVID19 and all, but seeing you posted this before these crazy times - I am not sure what you mean.

CheckoutChick - She should learn Customer Service Skills - and just ask, do you have any cards???????? She looked like she didn't want to be working there anyway - no smile - no how are you - just the question - AND - very DIRTY Clothes!

SO, whatever tralalallah - Your post just made my mouth bitter, I was just about to post a post about you, I being worried for you working in Health - but your venom towards something that made me want to have support in the RUOK thread made me stop and think - you do not need the support I was going to share - Now I know you have all the answers. So Good Luck to you.

Hope you are all OK - just had to deal with that trash post, before I wish you all well :) Honestly, I do not know why people have to be so judgmental in a tread like this, when sometimes we just want to unload stuff and not get judged, in a safe place. Here is asking for help if you or someone is OK.

In WA, here ATM, we are doing OK - only 9 Cases here in my SW Region - bit scary - but looks like most people off those Cruise Ships are those who are infected. Everything is shut down around here and alot of people need to be asked RUOK? Which I do - working in an area that is still open. Every person that come in to purchase, I ask - how are you? they all give their accounts of life now, even though they really should just buy and leave - but I can not help it! I need to ask these people how they are! If I can just give a smile or a thank you for supporting the business, I do. I so wish I could Hug them - but until them I can only ask RUOK xxxxxxx

Hope you are all OK xxxx

Two infusions and she is better. Pancreatitis. That was scary. Very glad the vets knew what to do quickly. And very glad I didn’t wait. I got her there in time for a reasonable good recovery. Very very relieved.
Oh My, Only been 3 months, since your post - I feel your pain - I nearly lost Joy at 6 months to Pancreatitis - cost thousands for her care !!! But she is still going strong now xxx

Yes, I am so relieved she is ok. I love this little dog. See my profile pic! That‘s her.

Meanwhile, I am not really doing so well. Which I don’t understand. I’m not even an extrovert. (Or...?).

Yes, I am so relieved she is ok. I love this little dog. See my profile pic! That‘s her.

Meanwhile, I am not really doing so well. Which I don’t understand. I’m not even an extrovert. (Or...?).
It is ok not to be feeling ok. There is nothing about this situation that anyone could have been ready or prepared for. I have worked from home for the last four years with the occasional week in the office. Other than that due to an accident we barely leave the house except to go the doctor the pharmacy or to get food. Sound familiar? Yet it hasn't stopped me from having anxiety and panic attacks regarding what is going on right now. Anyway my rather rambling point is that be kind to yourself and give yourself permission to react and adjust. You are not in this alone and no matter what you are feeling there are bound to be others feeling the same way that can offer you practical suggestions - hopefully you will find ones that suit you.

Hope you are all OK - just had to deal with that trash post, before I wish you all well :) Honestly, I do not know why people have to be so judgmental in a tread like this, when sometimes we just want to unload stuff and not get judged, in a safe place. Here is asking for help if you or someone is OK.

In WA, here ATM, we are doing OK - only 9 Cases here in my SW Region - bit scary - but looks like most people off those Cruise Ships are those who are infected. Everything is shut down around here and alot of people need to be asked RUOK? Which I do - working in an area that is still open. Every person that come in to purchase, I ask - how are you? they all give their accounts of life now, even though they really should just buy and leave - but I can not help it! I need to ask these people how they are! If I can just give a smile or a thank you for supporting the business, I do. I so wish I could Hug them - but until them I can only ask RUOK xxxxxxx

Hope you are all OK xxxx
Pleased to hear you are ok(Ish) hooley. Stay safe!

Back