Skip to main content

Post Something Interesting

Speaking of West Edmonton Mall it’s home to The Mindbender the worlds tallest indoor rollercoaster.

Just over 6 months after it opened one of the trains derailed just before its third loop killing three people and permanently injuring a fourth.

I was two when it happened and having grown up with the mall pretty much in my backyard the story was infamous. Working up the courage to ride it became a right of passage for many. I was a teenager before I was brave enough to ride it.

Sadly it’s been closed for some time now and it’s unclear whether it will reopen.

If you haven’t seen this movie I definitely recommend checking it out.

The reason this clip is so interesting is that it was filmed over a two week period by Kip Pardue and the films director. Kip stayed in character the entire time and many of the people he interacted with had absolutely no idea he was acting. When I say he was in character the entire time, I mean in character. Drugs were consumed etc.

It’s such an odd clip as it’s really just stuck in the movie at about the 3/4 mark and despite the fact that it doesn’t match the style of the rest of the movie it somehow fits perfectly within the story.

This is spot on. Auto-tune is everywhere in music and has been for years. When you listen to songs from pre-2000 you can hear the singers belting it out, and it's so much more genuine, heartfelt, and real. You can really appreciate their talent.

Speaking of West Edmonton Mall it’s home to The Mindbender the worlds tallest indoor rollercoaster.

Just over 6 months after it opened one of the trains derailed just before its third loop killing three people and permanently injuring a fourth.

I was two when it happened and having grown up with the mall pretty much in my backyard the story was infamous. Working up the courage to ride it became a right of passage for many. I was a teenager before I was brave enough to ride it.

Sadly it’s been closed for some time now and it’s unclear whether it will reopen.

Well just as I had been suspecting it has officially been closed. Sadly it doesn’t sound like they plan on replacing it another coaster.

Back