Skip to main content

Post Something Interesting

How about this?

All they need to invent is a phone that doesn't need to be replaced for 50 years to go with it. :roflmao:

Seriously though, if this became standard for phones, and the phone manufacturers all made it removable by users, they could start selling phones without batteries and you could use your same battery for years, just by popping it into each new one. And imagine electric cars that you don't need to charge?

As a child of the 80’s I grew up with watching Sesame Street and pretty much anything else Muppets related. They’ll always have a special place in my heart and it’s really too bad a lot of the brand kind of died with Jim.

BTW this video is just one of a series on Jim and The Muppets.

As a child of the 80’s I grew up with watching Sesame Street and pretty much anything else Muppets related. They’ll always have a special place in my heart and it’s really too bad a lot of the brand kind of died with Jim.

BTW this video is just one of a series on Jim and The Muppets.

I did a school assignment on Jim Henson - his death hit me hard. I think his was the first "celebrity death" to really effect me.

I did a school assignment on Jim Henson - his death hit me hard. I think his was the first "celebrity death" to really effect me.
I was almost 6 when he passed and don’t really remember if it was ever mentioned. My dad was killed a few years earlier and some other family matters around that time might have clouded my memory if it had been.

Well you see that's why it closed. You didn't go...

Australia doesn't have the population or tourism traffic for such a large theme park as Wonderland

Well you see that's why it closed. You didn't go...

Australia doesn't have the population or tourism traffic for such a large theme park as Wonderland

Not so sure about either argument. The park closed due to mismanagement and the fact that the land provided more value to ownership at the time than continuing to operate the park. Also by the time I was able to go the decision to shut down the park had likely already been made. I arrived in October 2003 and the park closed in April 2004.

You also realize that a Disney theme park was a decent way in to development around this time and the only reason why they pulled out was that Eisner favoured Hong Kong.

This is really cool. View from the jump seat on an A350 flight from Copenhagen to Bangkok.

Back