Skip to main content

Post BB Housemate Antics - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a long term lurker in this thread as a fan of BB. Thank you for all those who post for keeping me up to date as to what the 2013 housemates are doing.

However, having read recent posts re: Ed and Monika I felt a need to post. Firstly, they are in a close relationship. Those who know them know that. It is stated on both their personal Facebook pages (not the public ones) and Ed has been to Sydney to visit Monika's sisters. She is a lovely, genuine person and a highly respected model, both here and overseas. She has gained this success by working very hard and by age 23. She's done so well that the car she drives and owns is a Mercedes 4WD.

Secondly, Ed is nothing like you portray him to be. He is also very genuine, funny, loyal and respectful (and before you ask, I am not a Lower). He now has a career in commercial real estate (leasing), using his Business and commerce degree. He works for an international company. I am not sure what he has done so wrong in all your eyes. As a 26 -27 year old he likes to party at times (as we all do), but he has always worked hard to have a career, many close friends, and the respect of those in the AFL community. He simply is not a 'douche' however many times people here want to say it.

I will not comment on other previous house mates, but I think it's sad you drag up Jade when mentioning Ed and compare other potential boyfriends for Jade to him. In this week's Herald Sun he said that he and Jade had worked things out and were still friends. She has said the same thing, and I think it should be accepted that this is how things ended between them.

I am really not sure what more you want from them, as they each get on with their lives?

I am a long term lurker in this thread as a fan of BB. Thank you for all those who post for keeping me up to date as to what the 2013 housemates are doing.

However, having read recent posts re: Ed and Monika I felt a need to post. Firstly, they are in a close relationship. Those who know them know that. It is stated on both their personal Facebook pages (not the public ones) and Ed has been to Sydney to visit Monika's sisters. She is a lovely, genuine person and a highly respected model, both here and overseas. She has gained this success by working very hard and by age 23. She's done so well that the car she drives and owns is a Mercedes 4WD.

Secondly, Ed is nothing like you portray him to be. He is also very genuine, funny, loyal and respectful (and before you ask, I am not a Lower). He now has a career in commercial real estate (leasing), using his Business and commerce degree. He works for an international company. I am not sure what he has done so wrong in all your eyes. As a 26 -27 year old he likes to party at times (as we all do), but he has always worked hard to have a career, many close friends, and the respect of those in the AFL community. He simply is not a 'douche' however many times people here want to say it.

I will not comment on other previous house mates, but I think it's sad you drag up Jade when mentioning Ed and compare other potential boyfriends for Jade to him. In this week's Herald Sun he said that he and Jade had worked things out and were still friends. She has said the same thing, and I think it should be accepted that this is how things ended between them.

I am really not sure what more you want from them, as they each get on with their lives?

Welcome to the forum, but I'd be interested in hearing how you know them so well?

Just a word of advice, most of us here don't know these people personally like you are alluding you do. As a result we will form opinions on them and their actions based on what we have seen (either through what was shown on the show or what they've given us post-BB on SM). If you believe that Ed (and Monika) have been treated unfairly based on what you know of them in real life then I'm sorry but you need to understand that this is a discussion forum for the show where most people aren't privy to that information and form opinions (and different opinions - not everyone here has a negative opinion of Ed) based on what we receive.

He signed up for Big Brother. Of course people are going to form opinions based on his character and actions. I'm sure he is different with his close friends as it appears he may be to you.

Last edited:
I do get that...hence why I haven't posted before, despite some pretty awful things being said about Ed. He's a big boy and made choices.

But now a year on, and once Monika was dragged into it, I just thought had got a bit unfair on them.

Just wanted to add some balance to the discussion.

I do get that...hence why I haven't posted before, despite some pretty awful things being said about Ed. He's a big boy and made choices.

But now a year on, and once Monika was dragged into it, I just thought had got a bit unfair on them.

So are you personal friends or not?

Good on you. I completely agree, ESPECIALLY since it's a year later, and people are still harping on things from them. I can't even imagine people in my life, continuing to say, "remember a year ago when you..." We're all allowed to grow and move on from things. He and Monika seem to be smitten, and good for him. I always find it a bit comical when people like someone, they like to point out that the editing only shows 1 side, and surely there is more to the person. But, when it's someone people don't like, they don't pay them the same courtesy. It is what it is. Ed's a big boy and even if people are stuck, he seems to be moving forward with his life, as he should. He didn't do anything so unforgivable, in my eyes, and I wish him well. Just know everyone doesn't think of him negatively. I think most people have moved on from the Jade stuff.

With all due respect, if it upsets you so much then maybe you shouldn't keep reading this thread given it's whole point is to discuss HMs from a year ago and what they're up to.

All of the 2013 HMs are still copping their fair share of criticism but you don't seem to have a problem with that? Drew is copping it in here about his new ladies too as well as his recent dismissal of Tully, Jade is still copping it for going for the wrong guys, Tim is still copping it for being an attention seeker, The Sugar Sisters, Mikkayla and Caleb pretty much cop criticism for everything they post...

It's an open discussion forum and people are entitled to the opinions they have formed based on the information we've received. I'm sorry if that's offended you (you seemed to be alluding you knew Ed/Monika in your first post but now I'm not so sure) but you're really better just not reading it than telling people what to do. I appreciate a "balanced discussion" but not people running in on their high horse telling people that they're all wrong and shouldn't post what they do because we don't know Ed or Monika the way you claim to.

And FTR, nobody has made any personal comments about Monika away from her relationship with Ed...a guy who's actions are of course going to come under scrutiny given he signed up for flipping Big Brother!

Last edited:
I love Tim but sometimes he has verbal diarrhoea - he just can't help himself. It all just flows out.

Maybe, but it also gave Jade some more "airtime" which I'm sure she loved.

With all due respect, if it upsets you so much then maybe you shouldn't keep reading this thread given it's whole point is to discuss HMs from a year ago and what they're up to.

All of the 2013 HMs are still copping their fair share of criticism but you don't seem to have a problem with that? Drew is copping it in here about his new ladies too as well as his recent dismissal of Tully, Jade is still copping it for going for the wrong guys, Tim is still copping it for being an attention seeker, The Sugar Sisters, Mikkayla and Caleb pretty much cop criticism for everything they post...

It's an open discussion forum and people are entitled to the opinions they have formed based on the information we've received. I'm sorry if that's offended you (you seemed to be alluding you knew Ed/Monika in your first post but now I'm not so sure) but you're really better just not reading it than telling people what to do. I appreciate a "balanced discussion" but not people running in on their high horse telling people that they're all wrong and shouldn't post what they do because we don't know Ed or Monika the way you claim to.

And FTR, nobody has made any personal comments about Monika away from her relationship with Ed...a guy who's actions are of course going to come under scrutiny given he signed up for flipping Big Brother!

Have to say, I didn't read Tex19's comment in the same way. Your reply came off as just a smidge harsh, not that there is anything wrong with that. Like you say, it's a forum and stuff happens.

And let me be the first to welcome back Pookie- hahaha

Buying a Mercedes but making it an SUV doe

insaneren.jpg

Have to say, I didn't read Tex19's comment in the same way. Your reply came off as just a smidge harsh, not that there is anything wrong with that. Like you say, it's a forum and stuff happens.

And let me be the first to welcome back Pookie- hahaha

I know it did, and I apologise for that, but I have a problem with people who have apparently been longtime lurkers just signing up to have a go at us. If it was to offer another view point I would have been fine, I would have appreciated it actually, but coming in all judgey I'm not a fan of.

Last edited:
Know each separately through a business I run. Knew Ed for several years before BB. Will not give more info as don't want to identify myself, or damage relationships. Am not Pookie…or Milly…or Nick. Funny those who say anything positive a about Ed must be related.

Sorry if it seemed like I was having a go at anyone….maybe my language was a bit strong (a habit of mine). I was just trying to provide balance, as I felt the recent attack on Ed's relationship was wrong.

I also don't see this as an exclusive forum. You guys post regularly in a public forum. It is not an exclusive chat. It is there for others to get enjoyment ( or otherwise from reading). A bit like being on BB…you sign up, you post, you can be criticised. Thanks for having me….now I have work I must do. However, now I have started posting I may be back. Although I have lost all interest in this year's BB without the live feeds…just can't get to know the housemates. Have given up watching most nights.

Know each separately through a business I run. Knew Ed for several years before BB. Will not give more info as don't want to identify myself, or damage relationships. Am not Pookie…or Milly…or Nick. Funny those who say anything positive a about Ed must be related.

Sorry if it seemed like I was having a go at anyone….maybe my language was a bit strong (a habit of mine). I was just trying to provide balance, as I felt the recent attack on Ed's relationship was wrong.

I also don't see this as an exclusive forum. You guys post regularly in a public forum. It is not an exclusive chat. It is there for others to get enjoyment ( or otherwise from reading). A bit like being on BB…you sign up, you post, you can be criticised. Thanks for having me….now I have work I must do. However, now I have started posting I may be back. Although I have lost all interest in this year's BB without the live feeds…just can't get to know the housemates. Have given up watching most nights.
welcome to the boards... I like that you gave a differing opinion and I like that you are providing a balance in eds direction too. I also don't think you were harsh either, just like I don't think @Gemini meant to be harsh too. We have so many fly in fly out (FIFO) posters, that we don't know who is messing around or being genuine. Hope you do stay around and post often too :)

Lol re Ed and Monika. I am sure they are both great people, that doesn't mean that their Twitter posting isn't ridiculous. It seems forced, to me. Maybe they shouldn't tweet about their driving and their ironing if they don't want people to laugh at them. Are they 14 years old? Just tweet about public events they attend or something.

Then again, I never thought Ed had a genuine moment on big brother, so this aspect of his public persona seems equally staged.

@Tex19, I think it's probably fair to say that most people here don't feel any real animosity toward Ed, or certainly Monika. Speaking for myself, at least, if I pick at things about him or them or make a joke about a post or photo, it's no different from what I'd do in talking about any "celebrities." So they should probably just take it as a compliment, haha. I'm sure it must be unpleasant for people who actually know them, but I'd take it with a grain of salt and for what it generally is--idle but fun gossipy chitchat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back