Skip to main content

Opinion on Sonia? (vs Gretel?)

Gretel was a bitch. Sonia is real sweet and smooth as. Can't stand her fashion though - mutton dressed as lamb.

Oh, Peoples! Gretel was so great! Funny, witty, intelligent, engaged. She was the perfect BB host. Sonia is nice, but is that enough?

Sonia's really starting to come into her own the last couple of live shows. She's hands down better than Vile Kyle and Jackie Oh.

I'm enjoying Sonia more and more as the weeks go by. She's still a bit awkward, but she's doing a great job. She engages with the housemates well and looks comfortable improvising. She looks great for her age, and if she's had surgery done, she's one of the few who actually get it done right.

She was a contender for hosting the show from the start, and from what I've seen so far she was the right host for the job. I can't think of any other personality who could do a better job (other than Gretel of course, but that's never going to happen again), she's got the sort of personality that makes her fit well as host of BB.

For the Love of God though, give her a couch to sit on during the evictions. Part of her awkwardness stems from the fact that she's standing on the stage for the entirety of the show. I also wonder why nominations appear to be held in the auditorium and not a smaller studio this year? The nominations show just doesn't seem the type of show that deserves the spectacle of the auditorium.

I just can't wait for Sonia to get even more comfortable, lose her awkwardness and come out of her shell because she will add her funny side and incredible wit to the show. You see it in very small portions but they aren't very funny comments because she is still holding back because she is still scared of stuffing up this early in her career as BB host and she is worried about saying anything to out there or to controversial incase certain age groups turn on her like Parents if she says something that is to naughty for children.

She is already 50 billion times better then Kyle and Jackie O and once she makes this hosting job her own people will start to acknowledge that she isn't another version of Gretel and she is her own character and individual type of host. Once she is given opportunities to gain respect like handling a Merlin type situation on Live Television well, she will gain her own fans and people may even like her better then Gretel. I am a fan of Sonia thats for sure.

getting used to Sonia, liking her more than I'm liking some of the housemates.but I
will continue watching for the whole show, after all its our BB . good or bad I will watch it .

Sonia's doing a perfectly ok job in my book. Much better replacement host than Kyle and Jackie ever were.

For the Love of God though, give her a couch to sit on during the evictions. Part of her awkwardness stems from the fact that she's standing on the stage for the entirety of the show. I also wonder why nominations appear to be held in the auditorium and not a smaller studio this year? The nominations show just doesn't seem the type of show that deserves the spectacle of the auditorium.

I'm pretty sure the Nominations were always shot on the same stage as Evictions. I think they just had a smaller audience there for it (and maybe put up some barriers behind them to make it feel like a smaller space, I'm guessing).

I am currently working as a television presenter in China, and since I have started this job its hard for me to watch any shows now without thinking about what is going on behind the scenes. Personally, I feel like Gretel evolved over the various seasons, the way in which she presented the show is totally different in later series compared to earlier ones. I think Sonia is great, and I love the way that she connects with the audience. I did like Gretel's style, and felt her attitude and on-screen presence suited the genre. I like them both for different reasons, but if I had to choose, I would go with Gretel. I feel like Sonia would be more suited to hosting Friday Night Live.

I think Sonia played her part in the second house ruse perfectly tonight, even if it possibly failed on the audience reaction and the slow cut-away. I don't think she did too badly with Ryan either. It wasn't a particularly in-depth interview, but then Ryan wouldn't be the easiest person to interview.

She seems to be enjoying the gig too.

I always thought Gretel was rude. Sonia is fun to watch and hell yeah she looks fab fab fab for 47!!!She has great legs and a great personality.

I think Sonia played her part in the second house ruse perfectly tonight, even if it possibly failed on the audience reaction and the slow cut-away. I don't think she did too badly with Ryan either. It wasn't a particularly in-depth interview, but then Ryan wouldn't be the easiest person to interview.

She seems to be enjoying the gig too.

+1

I reckon she's a nice change from the "GK", and the downright rude/mean "KS" of the past. I've got no complaints about GK, tis just nice to have somebody like Sonia now. She's easy to watch and listen to, she's not all high and mighty, she's not trying to make it about her, and I reckon her whole "rookie"ness about the beebee thing is both refreshing and pleasant to watch.

Dunno about you lot, but I not only want her to succeed with this but also reckon she's already doing a good job.

Great to have Mikey back though.

regarDS

Yeah, it's good to have someone who seems to be enjoying it. I had no problem with Gretel, but she seemed to lose her enthusiasm towards the end, you could tell she got tired. Sonia has a freshness to her.

...how I see it is... Gretel used to ask the evictees 'gritty' questions that seemed to come straight from her mind rather than being channeled through her by the producers... whereas with Sonia it seems that she is being 'told' what to say 5 seconds before she utters the words...

...if Sonia is left alone by the producers to say what she wants to ask I think that she would be a lot more relaxed and less wooden than she is now... BB should just let Sonia be herself... it would be far more entertaining...

...obviously both Gretel and Sonia have both been told to ask certain questions during the show but Sonia should be given leeway to ask some questions of her own rather than just reading a scripted tele-prompt on what to say...

... I'm sure that Gretel made up a lot of off-the-cuff questions of her own along the way as 'fill-ins' until the next commercial breaks at times... cheers.

Back