Skip to main content

Opinion on Sonia? (vs Gretel?)

I will never not hate her. I used to watch Dancing With The Stars when she was the host and she was just so over-the-top and cringe worthy that now whenever I see her I just flinch a little.

I just wish that the show had gone to Channel 7 and Kylie Gillies had been the host! She's SO much better! Your thoughts?

Yes Agree......Sonia's great but lacks presence...... At least Kylie would be funnier when she gets nervous or can't say her lines properly..... and for crissakes producers give her a fucking chair

Yes Agree......Sonia's great but lacks presence...... At least Kylie would be funnier when she gets nervous or can't say her lines properly..... and for crissakes producers give her a fucking chair

And let's face it - Kylie's a much sexier MILF :p

I've never taken to Sonia, ever, and never probably will. Not when she was on dwts, mornings, or any other shows. I think she is cringe-worthy when hosting anything, particuarly bb, but she is getting better at it. Just please stop the lame dad jokes that dads don't even say!

Gretel was one out of the box, entertaining, penetratingly bitchy, funny, infuriating, all at the same time. A character in her own right, always the 13th cast member in any season. She was pivotal in building the franchise. But she was clearly fed up with it towards the end.

Sonia has done very well in my opinion, refreshing, relaxed, hard edged if she needs to be (remember make a decision Ava, we're running out of time), and projects enjoyment and fun. She hasn't been as bitchy as Gretel sometimes was, and doesn't play favourites either. She has even taken to wearing dresses, well done Sonia.

Gretel was so into BB, she put herself on the line to go the extra distance. Sonia stands there like a clothes horse and reads the auto cue like a good little mannequin

As oopsydayzy said Gretel was BB.Sonia is doing a great job.I prefer when Sonia strays away from the script and adds her own talk.

Gretel was one out of the box, entertaining, penetratingly bitchy, funny, infuriating, all at the same time. A character in her own right, always the 13th cast member in any season...

I agree with this bit, GoSarah. I used to watch BB just as much for Gretel as for the show itself. She was just terrific.

Gretel was so into BB, she put herself on the line to go the extra distance. Sonia stands there like a clothes horse and reads the auto cue like a good little mannequin

Yes I agree. Gretel was part of the house. You could see she knew the HMs. She was engaging on the show.

Sonia like you said, she just reads the auto cues, which are silly some times.
She looks so unnatural on stage.

Sonia is one of the weakest aspects of the show. Each eviction is flat because she has no real energy, she's suited to her morning show and does a great job there. Throw in watered down daily shows, no uncut and no live stream and its safe to say this Big Brother should be the worst. Luckily the housemates have been fairly decent regardless of how badly the show, especially the "events", have been packaged.

Sonia seems fake and insincere. I miss Gretel :( She made the show for me.

I've never taken to Sonia, ever, and never probably will. Not when she was on dwts, mornings, or any other shows. I think she is cringe-worthy when hosting anything, particuarly bb, but she is getting better at it. Just please stop the lame dad jokes that dads don't even say!

The thing in on DWTS she was supposed to be cheesy and cringeworthy...That was her role. She's just forgotten it......

Now if only she'd get a bit MILFY and do a Gretel with one of the younger lads on the show, ah but that won't ever happen as she's too stiff and robotic.

Gretel was one out of the box, entertaining, penetratingly bitchy, funny, infuriating, all at the same time. A character in her own right, always the 13th cast member in any season. She was pivotal in building the franchise. But she was clearly fed up with it towards the end.

Sonia has done very well in my opinion, refreshing, relaxed, hard edged if she needs to be (remember make a decision Ava, we're running out of time), and projects enjoyment and fun. She hasn't been as bitchy as Gretel sometimes was, and doesn't play favourites either. She has even taken to wearing dresses, well done Sonia.

Yep mostly agree with your post accept I did enjoy it when Gretski was bitchy....especially towards a hm that I didn't like...lol....and think Gretal had more presence on the stage, but I do like Sonja.

Sunday's eviction show just seems so rushed and cold be wrong but I thought the actual eviction part of the show ran for an hour and the half hour daily show was televised before the eviction show.

I think I know the secret behind Gretel's success in hosting BB. It was her writing talent that brought the live shows together. Behind the scenes she wrote her own scripts (and who could forget those interesting metaphors she used throughout). It was second nature to her (which is why she handled an on-stage blackout very well). Sonia's problem is that she is not Gretel, but otherwise Sonia's not doing too bad IMHO.
She was good at writing, mainly because she wrote and had over 10 books published.

Back