Skip to main content

Opinion on Sonia? (vs Gretel?)

Why does it have to be a hostess?

Surely a man could do the job just as well and should have been given a go after 8 years of Gretel.

So sexist.

Sonia is a total knobhead!
Her inane comments and equally inane questions are absolutely cringe-worthy.
Her first comment to Josh as he came out to a huge round of applause in tonight's show, "They like you" referring to the audience. No frigging kidding Sonia, and we just thought they were trying to warm their hands!
Then there was "How are your family feeling Josh?" I'm sure they're delirious Sonia, how do you think they're feeling you stupid wench?
Then she throws to every commercial break with a squint of her eyes and a cheesy grin.
Bring back Gretel....Pleeeeease!! :mad:

Sonia is a total knobhead!
Her inane comments and equally inane questions are absolutely cringe-worthy.
Her first comment to Josh as he came out to a huge round of applause in tonight's show, "They like you" referring to the audience. No frigging kidding Sonia, and we just thought they were trying to warm their hands!
Then there was "How are your family feeling Josh?" I'm sure they're delirious Sonia, how do you think they're feeling you stupid wench?
Then she throws to every commercial break with a squint of her eyes and a cheesy grin.
Bring back Gretel....Pleeeeease!! :mad:

I'm guessing you don't have the greatest social or relational skills, therefore your expectations are unrealistic.

I'm guessing you don't have the greatest social or relational skills, therefore your expectations are unrealistic.

Please could you explain what bearing my social or rational skills have on Sonia Krugger's ability to ask an intelligent question or am I to assume that you actually believe her comments to be appropriate? Can I guess that you are of the brain dead demographic who sit gawking at the screen listening to words but completely oblivious to what is actually being said?

PS. I note you have submitted 188 posts as against my 3 posts, perhaps that's because I am exercising my social skills whilst you're stuck in front of a computer reading a Big Brother forum?

I just wish we had a host(ess) that would pin the HM's down more. I loved the way Gretel wouldn't let them get away with crap, that was half the fun!

Sonia is doing a very good job of hosting. Gretel did a very good job as well and the only difference between the two is that Sonia uses a microphone and Gretel didn't.

Gretel was funny, but her humour was pretty dry. Maybe too dry.

I actually laugh at Sonia's jokes. Sonia's more fun and friendly. and prettier. >_>

I was so ready to hate on her from the get go, I didn't think anyone could replace gretel. But she has grown on me and I think she is doing a good job given what she has to work with.

I don't think she's doing a bad job but to me she is just someone doing a job - and that's it. A competent presenter doing a competent job, but I don't think she's necessarily right for Big Brother and is clearly nowhere near the fan of it that Jackie O was - though of course has the advantage of not being lumbered with an obnoxious co-host. Then again like all of us with no live feed and access to the show limited to what we see on the Daily Show it's impossible for Sonia to immerse herself in the show the way her predecessors were - plus we know that she's flying out of the Gold Coast on Monday nights so isn't in the Big Brother bubble during the week.

Sonia seems fake and insincere. I miss Gretel :( She made the show for me.

She's just talent that needs direction, like Fuzzy. Not a journalist, not a writer.

Gretel needed throttling down at times... angry voices in her ear...

Gretel was one out of the box, entertaining, penetratingly bitchy, funny, infuriating, all at the same time. A character in her own right, always the 13th cast member in any season. She was pivotal in building the franchise. But she was clearly fed up with it towards the end.
I agree totally.

Like many on this forum, Gretel was somewhat obsessed with the production
& went quite mad at times. But in a good way.

For Sonia its just another job.

She just shouldn't have fucked the talent (Saxon), who wasn't much older than her eldest son. Made her look like a paedo praying on the cast.

I agree totally.

Like many on this forum, Gretel was somewhat obsessed with the production
& went quite mad at times. But in a good way.

Yet when Michael McCoy BB06 got evicted & said he was told by his friends that footage of him was maniputed to make it seem he was about to kiss Farmer Dave, she went for his throat saying something like We don't do that.

And she said we will go to an ad break & I will prove it, when they came back she announced he was right. (they then showed the entire thing) & he wasn't going to kiss him.

Please could you explain what bearing my social or rational skills have on Sonia Krugger's ability to ask an intelligent question or am I to assume that you actually believe her comments to be appropriate? Can I guess that you are of the brain dead demographic who sit gawking at the screen listening to words but completely oblivious to what is actually being said?

PS. I note you have submitted 188 posts as against my 3 posts, perhaps that's because I am exercising my social skills whilst you're stuck in front of a computer reading a Big Brother forum?

I guess I should go easier on you. You only joined this month. I've been a member for years. I'm going to say I'm sorry - I was harsh last night. Sorry!

To me, there was nothing wrong with the questions. They weren't too intrusive - this is a VERY EMOTIONAL time for him. The topics of discussion were approached with caution. It was held delicately and wonderfully.

That is what I'm getting at.

Last edited:
I'm not impressed by Sonia, she has that inane grin and leans forward all the time. Really she doesn't have the authority and professionalism Gretel had. Jackie in the 8th series had some likeability as well, bringing in Kyle was just stupid though.

I'm not impressed by Sonia, she has that inane grin and leans forward all the time. Really she doesn't have the authority and professionalism Gretel had. Jackie in the 8th series had some likeability as well, bringing in Kyle was just stupid though.

Kyle's a turd on legs.........

He's doing some "exposing interview" about himself on the Sunday Night show

I agree with this bit, GoSarah. I used to watch BB just as much for Gretel as for the show itself. She was just terrific.

All the above for me to. Just a simple raise of an eyebrow got the whole room silent. Miss Gret Gret so much.

Back