Skip to main content

Opinion on Sonia? (vs Gretel?)

Sonia is ok.... She needs to work on talking and engaging the audience as well as just the camera. She seems really stiff.

I loved Gretel. I'd have much rathered they bring Gretel back.

Sonia is ok.... She needs to work on talking and engaging the audience as well as just the camera. She seems really stiff.

I loved Gretel. I'd have much rathered they bring Gretel back.
Maybe they approached her about doing the Host job. I highly doubt it but you never know. The point is Gretel never got fired, she quit and she doesn't want to host Big Brother anymore! Why can't people understand this? So, who would you rather have host Big Brother over Sonia not including Gretel who isn't an option? Kyle and Jackie-O?

Gretel and Sonia both leave the smoothy Dowling of BBUK for dead. I'm not sure about Jacki O and Kyle -O.K. to be truthful it is hard to think of anyone worse.

I think that S did good job on the launch night and it will be worth seeing how she deals with the evictees. I thought that Gretel did a good job there.

I think she did well last night, stuffed up a line, and went with it, had a laugh at herself, was good to see, she has surpassed my initial reaction to her hosting, I hated her on Dancing

Gretel will always be best, but her time was up, she was getting stale and needed to go. Sonia is a good replacement.

She almost aced it tonight on the nominations show. She's so much more at ease in the role now and she was interacting Gretel-like with the housemates.

She's getting better each show and is a nice change from having to listen to Brian Dowling for the past three months.

Easily her best show so far - but don't get why she didn't announce the nominees to the house considering she talked to them earlier. I think it was the same in Gretels day.

She almost aced it tonight on the nominations show. She's so much more at ease in the role now and she was interacting Gretel-like with the housemates.

Yep. Huge leap from the launch to the noms. Of course, she and the audience have had a week to watch the HMs so there were some events and personalities to provide subject manner and transitions between HMs. She got tongue-tied once but made a joke out of it.

I never understood the mockery and outright hatred directed at Gretel. She had a bit of a thankless job in transforming the trivial into the titanic every week and was patient and encouraging with many HMs who, let's face it, revealed themselves to be some rather boring and/or unsavoury characters.

Gretel managed to display a great deal of enthusiasm for the show, the concept and the HMs and if she was faking same then full marks to her for pulling it off.

Maybe they approached her about doing the Host job. I highly doubt it but you never know. The point is Gretel never got fired, she quit and she doesn't want to host Big Brother anymore! Why can't people understand this? So, who would you rather have host Big Brother over Sonia not including Gretel who isn't an option? Kyle and Jackie-O?

Maybe they did or maybe they didn't. Who cares, I still prefer gretel over Sonia. Wasn't that the whole point of this thread? To discuss S vs G?

Not sure what to make of Sonia, her hosting style is different to Gretel but I haven't been entertained by Sonia yet this season.

Unashamed Gretel fan whose heart sank on hearing Sonia was to host. I reckon she's nailing it and on such a tough gig I gotta tip my cap to her....Impressed!

I love her, have done since that ballroom movie.
And now - she's getting there.

And I was allways a huge Gretel fan, for about 4 years, then she just threw it away and started being the Queen and a bitch - fairly justified given what she was working with though.
She was on some morning show the other day, she looks old, no close ups, hair dark again.

She is very pretty and is doing alot better job than Kyle and Jackie. Not sure if shes ready to take Gretels mantle just yet.

Wow...I must be the only one! I think Sonia is as useless as tits on a bull! That fake smile after every sentence. She still thinks she's on Dancing With The Retards or Strictly Ballbag. Still, in previous years I rarely had the same opinions as the BBB 'mob' and it served me well. So um yeah...unless she pulls a sequin of sincerity out of her arse, Sonia can be sent off to do Depends Infomercials as far as I'm concerned.

Oh and I thought Kylie and Jackie O (who I hate totally on the radio) did a reasonably good job for a while as BB hosts. The show became a car crash...they didn't cause it, the producers did.

Oh and I thought Kylie and Jackie O (who I hate totally on the radio) did a reasonably good job for a while as BB hosts. The show became a car crash...they didn't cause it, the producers did.

I was taking you seriously until this post.

Trolling much?

Back