Skip to main content

Opinion on Sonia? (vs Gretel?)

except its trolling. its universally accepted view that they were shit. #dealwithit

I don't deal in mob mentality or 'universally accepted views' as you put it. Nazism was a universally accepted view in Germany in the 30s/40s. So was apartheid in South Africa amongst white people. As I said, I've never been one to bow down to mob mentality. I'll leave the witch burnings to you and your friends.

I thought K & J were pretty good hosts in a difficult situation. I liked the questions K directly asked the contestants evicted - especially in the first few weeks. I think they were unfairly blamed for the demise of BB when it was the actions and decisions of the producers that caused the rot to set it in and ensured the show kept rotting.

I agree with others that Gretel in the first 3 years was peerless, nobody will ever reach that standard. Warmth, empathy, sincerity.

Sonia must show us she's genuinely committed to BB, but she is improving steadily.

She's definitely settled into her role. I'd like to see her be a little more ...ruthless ...if that's the right word, to the housemates. But other than that shes doing fab!

I'm not sure if it's Sonia's fault or just the way the show is being shot but there really does seem to be a huge lack of tension during the evictions. The crowd seems pretty subdued as well - it's certainly not the "event" it was when Gretel hosted on Channel 10.

She does seem to be getting better with each show, but sadly they seem to have gone for the BBUK model (which I hate) of the presenter doing little more than linking into VTs and reading out phone numbers.

I agree with others that Gretel in the first 3 years was peerless, nobody will ever reach that standard. Warmth, empathy, sincerity.

Oh please.

She was a complete bitch & treated the HM's like pond scum.

hahahahah Gretel - warmth and empathy hahahahahahahahahahaha

She was nasty

I for one enjoyed Gretel as host, she was honest and didnt take crap from anyone. Yes she was bit too defensive and biased at times, but that just showed she had passion for the show. Her interviews with the evictees were never boring.

She also dealt with a lot of unforeseen situations really well, such as the black out and the Merlin incident.

The host doesn't need to be a main part of the show, i don't care what the hosts opinion is. Gretel acted like some kind of mother to them all and then cradle snatched saxon and gave him driving lessons lawl

I for one enjoyed Gretel as host, she was honest and didnt take crap from anyone. Yes she was bit too defensive and biased at times, but that just showed she had passion for the show. Her interviews with the evictees were never boring.

She also dealt with a lot of unforeseen situations really well, such as the black out and the Merlin incident.

What about when she was hit by the rubber chicken?

Back