Skip to main content

New Off Topic Thread ..... (Everyone: please be nice)

It's quiet without the rabble... I wonder if they will come back. When do their no expenses paid holidays finish?

Oh - I just checked when this thread was created. I guess they have another week or two. Ha. Seems like a long time!

It's quiet without the rabble... I wonder if they will come back. When do their no expenses paid holidays finish?

Oh - I just checked when this thread was created. I guess they have another week or two. Ha. Seems like a long time!
It does. I was wondering along the same lines myself earlier today.

noone remotely exciting at our gym .. 'cept me of course

yep watching me on a treadmill trying to run is always grand entertainment

...haha!... we have a pretty good treadmill at home... since I had my last stroke I've been left with a limp on my left side... why don't treadmills have 'hobble mode' or 'moseying along mode?... just asking?... cheers.

...haha!... we have a pretty good treadmill at home... since I had my last stroke I've been left with a limp on my left side... why don't treadmills have 'hobble mode' or 'moseying along mode?... just asking?... cheers.
It's called lower speed and incline. Seriously, keep it up and build up mobility, motion and strength. You've done very well, all things considered.

It's called lower speed and incline. Seriously, keep it up and build up mobility, motion and strength. You've done very well, all things considered.

...thanks Khun Khun... you are right of course... I'll just keep persevering until I get it right... you know me! ;):thumbsup:... cheers.

Nooo my usually great immune system has failed me and I'm slowly dying, i wish I had a job so I could take some sick leave!

Sorry babe, but that's the "glow" of parenthood. Broken sleep is the worst, but it doesn't last forever :) and FYI tin spaghetti on toast totally counts as a proper dinner :D

A chemist said almost the exact same thing today, maybe it's actually true! Here i was thinking drugs could help me but maybe this is just my new normal.

A chemist said almost the exact same thing today, maybe it's actually true! Here i was thinking drugs could help me but maybe this is just my new normal.

I had the best baby dr. He said when checking out lil miss on her 2nd day that sleep is like a bank. You go alright for a bit without any, but before you know it, you've used all of your reserves & you really do run on empty, so every chance you get, try to add a bit back into your sleep bank. I know - every noise they make, you hear. Don't worry tho, the bigger they get, the more you know when/what to get out of bed for. I went back to work full time after 6 months. I slept every sat & sunday lunchtime when I put bubs down til they were 4 yrs old :D. The washing, cooking, cleaning can wait x

For about six weeks, FitnFast gyms had been running a challenge for the State of Origin, where you were challenged to check in at the gym and on the fitnfastgyms facebook page for a maximum of twice per day (of course you can visit your gym more times than that per day), and at the end of the challenge, the person who has checked in the most wins. First prize - ipad. Second prize - one year free membership. Third prize - six months free membership. The gyms have memberships in Victoria, NSW, ACT and I think Queensland, so potentially a large number of challengers. Well, guess who won second prize. That would be me! It was the prize I was aiming for but not really anticipating winning. Slightly chuffed really.

For about six weeks, FitnFast gyms had been running a challenge for the State of Origin, where you were challenged to check in at the gym and on the fitnfastgyms facebook page for a maximum of twice per day (of course you can visit your gym more times than that per day), and at the end of the challenge, the person who has checked in the most wins. First prize - ipad. Second prize - one year free membership. Third prize - six months free membership. The gyms have memberships in Victoria, NSW, ACT and I think Queensland, so potentially a large number of challengers. Well, guess who won second prize. That would be me! It was the prize I was aiming for but not really anticipating winning. Slightly chuffed really.

Well done! Great prize and sounds like you are looking after yourself xo

That's awesome! Well done. Kinda cool that you were aiming for and won second prize too. I tend to agree that's a better prize, well if you're a gym attendee.

I had the best baby dr. He said when checking out lil miss on her 2nd day that sleep is like a bank. You go alright for a bit without any, but before you know it, you've used all of your reserves & you really do run on empty, so every chance you get, try to add a bit back into your sleep bank. I know - every noise they make, you hear. Don't worry tho, the bigger they get, the more you know when/what to get out of bed for. I went back to work full time after 6 months. I slept every sat & sunday lunchtime when I put bubs down til they were 4 yrs old :D. The washing, cooking, cleaning can wait x

Oh yes a good analogy and so far seems accurate. I wish you could bank sleep and just one solid night was enough for the week, I've always been a genuinely terrible sleeper though so at least it's not completely foreign territory.

Oh yes a good analogy and so far seems accurate. I wish you could bank sleep and just one solid night was enough for the week, I've always been a genuinely terrible sleeper though so at least it's not completely foreign territory.
Oh we are like sisters then. I've always been a genuinely terrible sleeper too. (I don't have a cute baby to be keeping me awake. How excitement for you...!! Just Amazeballs!)

That's awesome! Well done. Kinda cool that you were aiming for and won second prize too. I tend to agree that's a better prize, well if you're a gym attendee.
Exactly my reasoning and in theory with the saved money I could but bnoth and ipad and a fit bit, but my phone does count the steps for me as well as do a calorie/kj count with food. Haven't done that option yet. It's on SHealth on my Galaxy.

Oh we are like sisters then. I've always been a genuinely terrible sleeper too. (I don't have a cute baby to be keeping me awake. How excitement for you...!! Just Amazeballs!)

Yeah it sucks hey, I am indeed a shocking sleeper, its been documented on this forum over the years but is in fact much worse in reality. It's just normal for me sadly, just as it might be for you. But yes a cute little squishy baby totally justifies it!!

I still thrilled that I'm an 'aunt'. I am sure Junior is thriving and loving life and relishing his opportunities at giving his parents many sleepless nights. As for being crap at sleeping, I've discovered hitherto unknown talents at being a night owl. Praise be for night shift.

Back