Skip to main content

MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites

Tommy scraped through by the skin of his teeth!

Didn't watch the masterclass, so boring and I don't need more of Andy Allen boasting.

Ok after watching tonight's episode or maybe it was from the other night I have certainly lost count of how many times I have heard the word "EPIC" used by these judges this season! I swear this word would have to be the complement of the season! Here is a tribute movie picture dedicated to the Masterchef Australia 2022 judges and the use of the word "EPIC"! LOL! Cheers! :D

MCAU2022-1.jpg

I love merging cuisines. One of my favorite quests in the kitchen, merging left overs!

Sorry, I haven't been contributing much because I've spent the last week in bed with a gum infection. Ended up in hospital for a few hours while they administered antibiotics...went home with more antibiotics...but they made me feel SO sick I stopped taking them. Feel a lot better tonight!

Anyway, SO sorry Billie is in that position...she wasn't into the cook and it showed.

Hope you're feeling better Seph.

I was shocked to see how badly Billie did tonight.

I like Maggie Beer but the ingredients she provided them with were foul (pun intended).
Gamey birds which she admitted are difficult to cook, chickpeas, verjuice, capers...

Tommy, Ali, Julie and a few others weren't even shown/tasted, but at least it meant they were neither good nor bad.

Hugs Seph. Hope you're feeling better.

I like the way Maggie Beer didn't always agree with what the judges said. It makes it more realistic. And she's ridiculously sweet and likeable!

Last edited:
A pressure test for Feb! Yay!

(I'd swap the tuna for a nice fillet of beef. I LOVE a good Beef Wellington)

This challenge was Billie's to lose though...that sort of stuff is her thing and thank God she came through in the end.

Surprised about what's his name though.

Sorry about the one who went would have preferred the other one really...don't know why but I can't take to her.

That tuna Wellington looks good!
Might have to give that one a go, but with cut corners🤭
In fact I made where is crab omelette last night (my way) and it was really nice.
I used 7 eggs not 1. And had a bit if a play with it, but technically all the ingredients were there, just put together my way.

That tuna Wellington looks good!
Might have to give that one a go, but with cut corners🤭
In fact I made where is crab omelette last night (my way) and it was really nice.
I used 7 eggs not 1. And had a bit if a play with it, but technically all the ingredients were there, just put together my way.
I bought lobster tails with garlic butter months ago and still have them in the freezer, I'm not sure what to do with them really,

I bought lobster tails with garlic butter months ago and still have them in the freezer, I'm not sure what to do with them really,
I'd stick them in the oven for a bit or grill/BBQ them...but I'd do it sooner rather than later...lobster doesn't keep very well frozen for too long.

I think you'll have to go googling!
Let us know what you do with them when you find a recipe you fancy 😊

Most of the courses tonight looked like cat food.

I noticed when the ballentine was being sliced before the ad break, it was a tiny corner, and after the break it had transformed into a 'beautiful' thick slice.

Chicken did look a lot better than the lamb...and I can't believe I'm saying that as I'm not really a fan of chicken.

Mussels hmmm...never had whitebait and don't really know what it is...not Victorian? BUT they were at Werribee Manor so it must be?

Back