Skip to main content

MasterChef Australia: Fans & Favourites

Zcsund1234

New promo has been released. I haven't watched Masterchef fully since 2019, I gave up on the 2020 season in favour of Big Brother. Seeing that Billie who is my favourite winner is back I will probably take a look at this season. I was getting sick of "ordinary people, extraordinary food" every year, so I will probably look into watching this year.

Just popping by to say I LOVE that they've titled it "Fans AND Faves". It's a small thing but does away with the use of "Vs." which has become the more common way of referring to series' concepts like this. It's subtle wording but immediately removes any competitive and divisive implication between contestants, putting everybody on the same playing level.

I still stand by my belief that Ten is the only commercial network in Australia who produces reality TV the best, and who understand and (mostly) executes each of the franchises they own in the way they should be.

Just popping by to say I LOVE that they've titled it "Fans AND Faves". It's a small thing but does away with the use of "Vs." which has become the more common way of referring to series' concepts like this. It's subtle wording but immediately removes any competitive and divisive implication between contestants, putting everybody on the same playing level.

I still stand by my belief that Ten is the only commercial network in Australia who produces reality TV the best, and who understand and (mostly) executes each of the franchises they own in the way they should be.
I agree 100%. It is a really small yet impactful thing. The great thing about Masterchef is that it's not centred around drama and pitting the contestants against each other as compeiters, but rather companions going on the same journey together. I think it has been said on the show that around 70-75% of contestants end up working in the food industry after it, there's no shame in not winning Masterchef, it's just a great way to add to your resume and winning is a huge bonus.

No nasty villains, no conflict, it's just likeable contestants to root for and hope they succeed. It is a lot more refreshing to see them empahsise that it is newbies along faves and that there is no added desire for the newbies to feel intimidated. Reluctantly tho, I do admit it isn't a show that is interesting to watch as much as it was back in the day. It's produced very well and it deserves all the credit in the world, so I will give it a go again. I agree with Ten as well, seven and Nine spend too much time competing directly against the other.

I am very excited to have some more chaotic Masterchef Julie Goodwin content in my life. She was such a red hot mess in the first season despite her win, so I'm keeeeeen to see her cook again!
I'm looking forward to see how she goes against the latter Masterchefs, since she was the original basic home cook. Since then they've all become super chefs!

I'm stuck on a First Date recording at the moment. I'll need to pause and move on ... now!
Ads.

Okay, I'm here.
Just realised (rolls eyes), not just old contestants. Obviously not listening to the ads. Thats what happens when you fast foreward them!
Fans and old contestants!

Last edited:
When Mel tasted Tommy's dish it looked like she was going to rush off to be sick! 😂
Thank goodness it was to hug him - otherwise that would have been a first!

Back