Skip to main content

Martin Place evacuated, hostages held at Lindt Cafe

Why can't the gutless wonder speak for himself? Why does he have to threaten women in a chocolate shop/cafe and force them speak for him? What a pitiful, attention seeking coward. I can't bring myself to watch the videos simply because I refuse to give him the clicks that he wants.

Why can't the gutless wonder speak for himself? Why does he have to threaten women in a chocolate shop/cafe and force them speak for him? What a pitiful, attention seeking coward. I can't bring myself to watch the videos simply because I refuse to give him the clicks that he wants.
He's a sick and twisted. I feel for his family too, the backlash they will receive once it's all over.

Whoever that Joel person is, they liked the music video by duck sauce, Barbara Streisand! that is weird...went to check the persons Youtube activity on their account......such horrible news :( still can't believe this!! surreal and scary

I received an email by Channel 9 regarding the videos...

"Thank you for your email. We have been aware of these videos since this afternoon, however police have asked us not to broadcast any images which may hinder the negotiation."
It's great that the the media are not showing these videos and are keeping quiet on a lot of other details, but people are still going to see these on the internet. I'm not saying that just because they are already on the net that the media should show them, it just kind of hard to hide information these days because of the the internet.

Whoever that Joel person is, they liked the music video by duck sauce, Barbara Streisand! that is weird...went to check the persons Youtube activity on their account......such horrible news :( still can't believe this!! surreal and scary
I have a feeling maybe he's accessed someone in theres account.

Well, my question is why don't they just... give in to the demands? Like, I know that's probably not the best thing to do but the demands aren't that great really. But then I guess if "we" (ugh) give in to these demands then that perhaps sets a precedent...

Well, my question is why don't they just... give in to the demands? Like, I know that's probably not the best thing to do but the demands aren't that great really. But then I guess if "we" (ugh) give in to these demands then that perhaps sets a precedent...
I think there's definitely more to his demands than they're letting on.

OMG! Videos are starting to surface on YouTube that feature alleged hostages.

At first I thought it was fake but these people ARE in the cafe and the woman in the first video is wearing the exact same shirt as the lady holding on the flag at the window from earlier today!!!!

Make these videos go viral - this is bloody scary stuff.

New video uploaded a few minutes ago.

Another one, and this one features another person who was seen in the windows earlier.

I think there's definitely more to his demands than they're letting on.

Well yeah, it seems odd that all of this is over a flag and a phone call, but yeah, idk. After watching those hostage videos my anxiety has kicked in and it's just very distressing and I want it to be over already.

The reason they do not want people spreading these videos is because that is what the gunman wants. The people in the video are obviously saying what the gunman is forcing them to say. The police officers, media outlets know a lot more. So I think many should listen and not spread these videos around. One thing is for sure, the gunman is trying very hard to get these messages out there, it is the attention he seeks.

Well yeah, it seems odd that all of this is over a flag and a phone call, but yeah, idk. After watching those hostage videos my anxiety has kicked in and it's just very distressing and I want it to be over already.
I suspect that the minute they acquiesce to their demand of an Isis flag is the minute they start lopping off heads of the hostages and then drape the flag over their bodies.

Back