Skip to main content

Martin Place evacuated, hostages held at Lindt Cafe

OMG! Videos are starting to surface on YouTube that feature alleged hostages.

At first I thought it was fake but these people ARE in the cafe and the woman in the first video is wearing the exact same shirt as the lady holding on the flag at the window from earlier today!!!!

Make these videos go viral - this is bloody scary stuff.

Oh my fucking God ^^

See the bombs

Oh wow I feel sick

Much love and prayers to those in Sydney

Those vids just destroyed me

Holy shit... I can barely move right now after watching that first video. I was hoping that thing would be over soon....I don't know how I feel right now....

Those videos, my gosh. There seems to be no sign whatsoever of those videos being reported by mainstream media. It's a blackout.

OMG! Videos are starting to surface on YouTube that feature alleged hostages.

At first I thought it was fake but these people ARE in the cafe and the woman in the first video is wearing the exact same shirt as the lady holding on the flag at the window from earlier today!!!!

Make these videos go viral - this is bloody scary stuff.

omfg that first lady is wearing the same shirt as the lady who was holding up the flag in the window this morning!

Just realised I basically said what you said! I'm shocked!

So scary. :c I really hope the police/politicians have a good plan there, because uh this could get really bad really soon. I need to catch a plane in a few days to go to ACT and this makes me kind of weary of doing so. Neither of the airports are at sydney tho but still it's... do you really wanna go in huge public places when this stuff is happening? but yeah this is super bad and makes me afraid for the future tbh. i do feel for everyone there tho.

Just hoping everyone is fine and this peacefully comes to an end soon.

Positives that have came out of this situation though are that people will perhaps appreciate the police more due to having an understanding of their roles and responsibilities in such a situation and how they have handled such a situation so impeccably. Further, the #illridewithyou movement has shown that many wish to condemn islamophobia and make those innocent individuals within that religion feel safe with who they are and make them feel comfortable in their own skin.

Please pray and think about these innocent people. :(

P.S: No, nothing to do with BB but BB is done for the year. We're all a family here living around Australia. Let's hope.

I have been to that lindt cafe so many times in Sydney! this is scary :( can't believe this is happening! Really hoping everyone will be ok x

the ABC news just said that hostages are using all forms of social media but police have asked media not to provide details of any of these messages

I received an email by Channel 9 regarding the videos...

"Thank you for your email. We have been aware of these videos since this afternoon, however police have asked us not to broadcast any images which may hinder the negotiation."

Back